Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

Great work place for college graduates
Research and Development (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 2, 2016
Young and energetic employees wanting to learn everything. New technologies comes from acquisitions. Not a lot of organic innovations and development. Many technologies are competing with each other for a finite budget. Clinical studies take most of the budget. As your salary increases, your risk of getting cut also increases.
Pros
Young and motivated employees
Cons
High overhead - expensive VR lab
Coworkers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNFebruary 28, 2016
help each other if who ever finishes their job first, always ask for help and know how to have fun! boss seems to be favoritism which i don't see that to be fair because he should treat everyone equally. working there was relax, fun and sometimes work can be slow and boring.
Pros
nice breaks, has a nice cafeteria, good hours
Cons
18 months contract
Large Medical Device Company
Senior Technical Writer, Electrophysiology (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Boston Scientific is a substantial company competing in the Medical Device market which is regulated by the FDA and DEKRA. As such there is an extensive quality system that includes Engineering, Quality, Regulatory, Clinical, and Medical involvement in all aspects of the work environment.
workinga in medical field
Electronic Test Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 23, 2016
working in clean room environments and making heart catheter . love to work in clean room area. making heart catheter for human and so neat and clean environments. enjoy to work. enjoy doing bonding, molding, assembly, QA and QC. eight hour shift flies.
good
good
High Morality and equal pay compensation for everyone
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2016
Learned alot about grinding and was constantly send out for training opputunities. Fun atmosphere and good management styles.
Pros
Fun Place
Cons
Advancement was tough
Productive & okay
Maple Grove - Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 19, 2016
I just assemble parts everyday on the same machine. Sometimes, I would work at different machines. I learned that you have to have a good attendance & good performance to be able to get hired on. I like my supervisor because he's really cool and kind. My coworkers are fun but sometimes people can be drama queens. The hardest part of the job is working 3rd shift 6 days a week. But I got used to it after 5 months or so surprisingly, because I was pregnant the whole time when I was working 3rd shift.
Pros
Free lunches, earn coins to get gift cards
Cons
short breaks, temp employees get pay more than hired on employees.
productive and fun work place
Medical Assembly (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 16, 2016
Boston Scientific is a fast and neat working place but with to much overtime. Associates can be mean and not understandable. no team work, your all on your own.
Pros
paid lunch, fun activites at meetings
Cons
short breaks, to much overtime
Excellent company
Manufacturing Engineer/co-op student (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INFebruary 9, 2016
Lots of hours spent alone at test compressor site, but when my supervisor stopped by it was the highlight of the day. Very laid back, excellent environment.
working with happy hours
Product Builder (3) (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 8, 2016
enjoy working and enjoy playing table soccer.learn a lot of GDP
safe enviroment working area.very cooperative and friendly co worker
Fun Company to work for, Coworker are very knowledgeable
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJFebruary 3, 2016
Fun company to work for, co-workers are very knowledgeable about the work they perform. High Quality demanding environment
Pros
Good Training program
Cons
Too demanding
Worked with great people.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoyed the challenging work environment and the technical products. The customers were great to work with and there was a great opportunity to do many different things.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
job security
Smart company with room for improvement in work life balance
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 3, 2016
Smart business company that benefits those above the production level. The work life balance for production is sadly not improving enough to improve this, making it a difficult environment for most employees to be happy about working O.T. most weekends.
The company has great Lean practices, but other than safety I do not know how you could look at the practices of this company to be anything other than Stockholder priority driven.
The most difficult part of this job is relaying that the business needs need to continue to an overworked production team. The focus on Lean manufacturing continues to out-weight the work-life balance of it's production team with week after week of O.T. Though they pride themselves on no Direct Labor Layoffs production employee satisfaction will likely never change unless someone removes the strict contract labor hiring rules, and hires the needed talent to help reduce this unwanted O.T. Not sure what it will take to get someone to truly look into the value of changing this mentality and actually see what kind of money the company could save with eliminating most of the labor costs of O.T.?
The company does set up nice events like team picnics and other summer events.
Pros
Pretty nice belefits
Cons
The breaks are too short and way too much overtime!
Responsible for the overall direction of a diversified Class III medical device manufacturing company. Carried out responsibility in accordance to com
Senior Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTFebruary 2, 2016
• Changed safety and quality procedures / policies resulting in a 30% reduction in safety related incidences and 22% improvement in first passed yield.
• Instituted visual hour by hour tracking and Team Member versatility matrix to define, measure, analyze, improve and control performance resulting in the elimination of week end overtime work.
• Developed Value Stream Maps to establish Pull Systems through process and layout changes to meet cost savings goals.
• Developed Visual Management Tools and Standardized Work practices to manage operations.
Pros
Great Cross Functional Teams
Cons
Poor Leadership
Learned great experience, but bad management
medical assembler (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 1, 2016
During the day I make stints and catheters in the assemble area.
I had great co-workers and had fun with them, except my boss. My boss barley want me to train on anything and for every time I get trained my co-worker who started the same time, he gets trained on 3 things. So I think my boss had something out for me.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
management/boss could of been better.
Be ready to work every weekend
Medical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 31, 2016
I was hired to work thru a temp agency. In the 2 day orientation, they explained it would be mon-fti 40 hours a week with the possibility of overtime if you want it.
In reality, on my first day my trainer told me they had been working every saturday as well for as long as he had been there (5 months). You will be given short notice about the over time, which is MANDATORY every weekend with few exceptions (sometimes only 1 day notice). My schedule was second shift 2-10, but most saturdays i had to work 12-8 or 10am-6pm because first shift decided to come in at 1am or 2am. I was given no choice and forced to change my schedule last minute no matter how inconvenient. Depending what area you work in production/assembly, you may be forced to work mandatory sundays as well. So you will work 6 if not 7 days a week, every week. For holidays, many areas had to work every day except Christmas Day.
If you request vacation or call in sick, when you return supervisors/coworkers, ect will act like you wronged them and give you the cold shoulder. I worked at the plymouth, mn location and thought maybe the overtime was only because they were planning to move locations. But,after speaking to someone who had been there for 2 years, found out it has been this way for at least 2 YEARS.
Temp service will not answer your questilns regarding if it is mandatory for temp workers to work every day, each and every week. Will give you the run around and act annoyed that you called.
They want you to be robots and give up your lives, families, other interests,ect to sacrifice so they can make more
  more... money.
Work is easy, but the way you are treated makes the bonus and everything not even worth it.
Supervisors and trainers will have extreme favortism.
Most workers are foreign, with poor english speaking skills, do not get taxes taken out so they work 80 hours per week. They will stay late each day even if there is no work. If you are American born, you will be sent home on a random tuesday. But know you will stoll work that weekend.
Even if you make your quota or go above and beyond, you will still work weekends. This causes high turnover so most people quit after a couple months. They dont care and are constantly bringing in no people,act clueless as to why people quit.

If you have a family, friends, or just dont want to work every day of every week all year...DONT WORK HERE
Pros
Bonuses, pay. Staright i hr shifts
Cons
Mandatory sat and suns, all africans, work holidays often
Nice working environment
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 28, 2016
I was inly there for a temp position. Speaking to the other employees, there is no real room for advancement but the work environment makes it easier to overlook that. It is easy to get your work done without much supervision or supervisor breathing down your throat.
Clean and well maintained workplace, newly renovated facility.
Operator III (Current Employee) –  Coventry, RIJanuary 26, 2016
For my particular job there is a unique but nice schedule, never work more than three days in a row and get every other weekend off. 12 hour shifts. Facility is very clean and organized. Co-workers are polite. Big company mentality, constant interruptions throughout the day. You feel like a cog in the machine. Management can be difficult and bothersome.
Pros
Benefits, schedule, facility
Cons
Interuptions, micro-managing
Productive and great environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJanuary 20, 2016
Boston Scientific was an extremely exciting and fun place to work at. Had the opportunity to work in a clean environment room for the very first time and touched medical parts and learning the functions of each part.
Pros
employment schedule
Cons
Probation work as a temp
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 16, 2016
I have been working for Boston Scientific for the past 12 years straight out of college. It's a great company, fun and great place to work.
Great place doing great things
Endoscopy Manufacturing Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INJanuary 14, 2016
Boston Scientific in Spencer, IN is a manufacturing facility that uses its resources well and creates an atmosphere that anybody lucky enough to work there would enjoy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.