Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

Innovative products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2017
For a large company, Boston Scientific is very quick to react to customer demand. Their products are cutting edge and the clinical and sales teams are undergoing continuous training. Great company to work for.
Pros
Fantastic Sales Training and Products
Cons
Work life balance for a new employee can can challenging.
Compay id Good
Cardiac Rhythm Management Device Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Portland ORJune 12, 2017
Culture is great
History of launching products
Enjoyable overall
Great culture
Tax Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 9, 2017
Good company to work for with a beautiful campus, the team I was a part of worked well together and management was very sound with appropriate goals for each of the different groups I was in.
The working facilities highly focus on employees's safety, health, and hygiene
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 5, 2017
The company has a good working-culture, mostly for the office staff, not so much for the production operators.
The company requires employees, especially the product builder strictly follow the corporation's safety and hygiene policies.
Some particular supervisors and managers are very caring and helpful to their employees. Some are very rigid and strict.
Most of the operators have long-time experience, some have 10+,15+ years of experience; therefore, the quality of products are resulted nearly perfect in every unit.
Pros
Free coffee for everyone, free donuts for everyone on Fridays.
Cons
Rigid in punctual activities.
Generally good place to work
R&D Technician - Reverse Engineering (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 5, 2017
I have nothing good to say about management. The people are great though. a lot of freedom to do your job depending on your specific supervisor. Decent pay and benefits.
Pros
Lower level employees ae great people
Cons
I trust this company products, 3 years ago a surgeon implanted a Promus Premier stent in my heart.
Consultant Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 4, 2017
The workplace culture is very professional, working environment is great, very pleasant to deal with people who are open and posses strong knowledge of the vascular business.
Pros
very professional envinronmet.
Cons
The traffic to go to work.
Good Work Place Culture
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 1, 2017
Hired as Transfer Quality Engineer, enjoyed work place which has tremendous talent. Very good Quality System, good Ethical Standards and very solid company to work for that save people life every second of the day.
Great place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMay 31, 2017
Overall great place to work. Great people. Good advantage to working there. Nice full-time hours. Immediate training and overtime opportunities. Great benefits to full time employee when hired.
Pros
Great work environment
Respectful workplace
Material Handler/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 31, 2017
Treated with respect from all employees I interacted with. They also had a great work culture and company philosophy. My experience working there wasn't in full since I only needed a job for the summer, so my temporary position may have had different compensations than a full-time employee.
productive and friendly environment
Assembler/Quality assurance inspector/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 30, 2017
I get to work 10 minutes early, To make sure everything is ready for the shift. Orgarnising my team and assigning the responsibilities as required.
Very stressful work environment they always want more.
Product Builder 2 (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 25, 2017
It a great company to work for if you don't mind work being your priority. They value diversity and publicly promote equality no matter who you are and what you believe in. It has become a very stressful environment since they announced the Valencia location was being relocated to other Boston Scientific facilities outside of the country. This decision was made so they could save on money. Boston Scientific is having us work continuously until it is time for us to ramp down production while it ramps up in other facilities.
Pros
4/10 shift
Cons
Short breaks, a lot of overtime, hard to have personal life.
Great company
Territory Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 24, 2017
Good company with great leadership
Work life balance
compensated appropriately
products were best in class
good work environment
respected in the community
Pros
good culture
Cons
not much opportunity for advancement
Relaxed but fast paced
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 23, 2017
In my area it was always fast paced. Had a goal in which is not needed to be meet but expected to. Like usual there will be cases in which a machine breaks down or a machine maintenance is required that would impede our daily production
Pros
A nice cafeteria which a decent selection of food to get.
Cons
Breaks are short, overtime is minatory usually bi-weekly
Job of last resort
nameless, faceless employee (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 17, 2017
If you are talented, don't work here. Advancement opportunities are not merit/skill/contribution based, but instead, whether hiring managers like you. Retribution is a stated cultural no-no, but practiced by management in various forms and ways.
Benefits
Cons
Suggestions are vilified and you quickly learn to say nothing.
OK place to work.
Assembly Worker Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMay 17, 2017
Some people that worked there didn't want work, poor on the job training had to learn by my self, management was good but the staff worker's were not no help.
Pros
No free lunch.
Cons
Breaks were good you can take a break whenever you want.
not a fun place for black america people
product 1 (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMay 12, 2017
while working at Boston I find out that the manger and supervisor was prejudice not on my opinion but base on reason or actual experience. when a company has 95 % of Hispanic working in the company and everyone speak Spanish this in American
Pros
nothing free there
Cons
yes good healthcare
Awesome place to work. Flexible working hours.
R & D Technician III, Electrophysiology (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMay 10, 2017
Fun place to work, always room for advancement. Was able to set my own schedule and have flexible hours with the ability to take Fridays off. Working with coworkers with a ton of experience who are always willing to offer help/support!
friendly culture
Production Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMay 8, 2017
Managers need to work on better ways to motivate and drive their supervisors so people are motivated to stick around with the company.
there are not very clear paths for sr. supervisor to develop themselves with in the company.
Pros
lots or outings
Cons
bad communication between departments
Hitting Goals Daily
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 6, 2017
Work is fun. On a daily basis we have goals to hit; we have partners and we all work as a team to complete the goals. I learned multiple products that they have; I now know how to build them from the very beginning of the process all the way to the end. All the supervisors and management were very friendly and came up and said good morning every day.
The hardest part of the job was when the product that we received was not in perfect condition; we had to do the best we could and fixed it up to the point where it would pass every test and functions, feels, and looks just like the rest.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that we are surrounded by very friendly faces. When work was giving a tough time, they helped you out and made sure that you didn't fall behind. Especially the people who were promoted a level above us would finish all of their work and then help us out so we didn't fall behind.
Pros
Good pay, great people, they never discriminated against anyone, gender friendly environment, and nice hours.
Cons
N/a
It is overall a good company
Business/ QA /DW Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 6, 2017
Good Company to work as a full time employee not for the contractors . I enjoyed worked over there . Learnt so many good skills . Due to reorganization my contract ended .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.