Great opportunity to launch your sports career with Boston’s largest sports & social club! The Boston Ski & Sports Club (BSSC) is actively recruiting an energetic, detail-oriented ski and sports professional to oversee its day ski and softball program. Plan the lineup of offerings, manage logistics and actively market your programs. The position reports to the Ski & Travel Director for the winter season and moves under the Sports Director for the remainder of the year. The schedule includes day office hours with frequent night and weekend obligations. BSSC is a 47 year old company that services almost 50K participants annually. This is your chance to work for a fun, casual company located in Watertown, MA and manage two of Boston’s largest recreational programs.
Day Ski Program Manager (seasonal only - peak season January-mid April)
- Manage all logistics to ensure that each day trip runs at maximum efficiency and profit.
- Coordinate details with staff, vendors and mountains for marketing material, buses, lift tickets, etc.
- Manage trip leader program to recruit, train and retain strong trip leaders who run operationally smooth trips and are effective salespeople.Coordinate trip leader schedule.
- Keep leaders and staff informed of pertinent information.
- Coordinate with group sales efforts to ensure appropriate execution of group trips.
- Monitor sales of each trip and make appropriate decisions (i.e. # buses, # leaders).
- Monitor weather for each trip and make appropriate cancellation decisions.
- Maintain profit reports for each trip and season.
- Proactively and creatively promote the day ski program.
Softball Program Manager (year round with peak season March-October)
League Administration & Operations
- Process registrations and payments for teams and individuals
- Manage waitlists and construct teams from pool of individuals
- Process team & non-member fees
- Prepare materials for startups and finals
- Manage profits
- With captains regarding due dates of payments, roster deadlines, renewal info, playoff info, schedule changes, standings, game times and disciplinary issues. Host and conduct captain’s meetings
- With customers processing registrations, trouble shooting, cancellations, and inquiries
- With manager and others regarding, schedules, promotions, playable conditions and cancellations
- With coordinators & umpires to coordinate schedules, resolve conflicts and manage league logistics
- League Management
- Update standings, playoff brackets, rescheduled games
- Keep track of issues with umpires, players, teams, etc
- Manage inventory of t-shirts, prizes and equipment. Place orders when necessary
- Set league timeline for pre-registration, start-date, roster freeze, playoffs etc.
- Work with sports scheduler to develop appropriate play schedule for each league
- Visit leagues regularly to maintain visibility during the season
- Act as BSSC liaison to team representatives and players, fostering positive relationships; encouraging on-going league participation while at the same time promoting other BSSC leagues and activities
- Develop strong relationships with facility partners to ensure quality playing conditions
- Photograph players & teams and distribute sponsored product to players
Sales & League promotion
- Meet & exceed league’s annual revenue target
- Ensure league profitability
- Maximize marketing presence for league and BSSC at league locations (bulletin boards, banners, brochures)
- Utilize on-line sports boards, BSSC.com and community events to promote leagues
- Provide excellent customer service and conduct yourself professionally on the phone and in personMaintain a working knowledge of all BSSC events and activities, as well as company policies/procedures in order to sell effectively and provide accurate information
- Accurately process registrations, memberships and renewals using our proprietary database
- Minimum BA/BS, preferably in sports management
- Minimum 4 years working in a program management and/or customer service setting, preferably in a sports setting
- Excellent customer service, attention to detail, work ethic
- Must own a car that will be needed for night/weekend visits
- Love of the slopes and love of the game
Please send a resume and cover letter, listing salary requirements to General Manager, Boston Ski & Sports Club, 51 Water Street, Watertown, MA 02472. Deadline for resumes are May 24, 2013.