Boston Store Employee Reviews

Work life at Boston Store
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 14, 2016
Bad management first of all, bad teamwork, store was a mess, it was not put together well...would not recommend that job to anyone, everyone sales associate quit because the management was so bad managers were going out of town for 2 or more weeks and inexperienced sales associates were under-trained were running the store while managers were out of town...several managers were very very rude to customers telling them things like "I can't help you, don't ask me for help", or "I can't help you, I'm on break so I cannot answer your question" and also several managers were fired but that didn't stop Boston Store from hiring some of the same kind of pathetic managers to run their pathetic store. Good luck to the company, this is nothing personal to Boston Store as a franchise but the one I particularly worked at...horrible store, wouldn't recommend like I said...I feel bad for whoever works there now.
Productive and Fun area (Dancing)
Cashier/ Customer Representive (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 3, 2016
My work ethnic is very strong and I find a way to complete all my task. I learn to trust what your manager tell you to do and do as you are told. Management sometimes can take sides but I learn to mind my business and stick to my job. My Co-workers look to me as a fun person to be around and I most likely talk to everyone. The hardest part of my job is to do to many task at once under a pressuring time limit. I enjoy making the customers proud and my manager happy.
Pros
Free Lunch, Closest Jobs to my home
Cons
Short breaks, cleanliness areas
Just a Job
Selling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 6, 2016
If you're looking for a Job, enjoy shopping, and want a discount to shop this is the place for you. Don't count on any overtime, and if you are near your 40 hours you will be taking an EXTRA long lunch that just feels like a waste of time. Be ready for customers to nag you on coupons everyday. Learn the deals and register quickly and that part is a breeze. Was not the right Job for me, but Might be for you.
Pros
Earn $ for opening credit cards
Cons
if you smoke you will be charged $30 if you sign up for benefits (If you disclose this)
Fun work place with good co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 25, 2016
I would work with customer's and help them with any problems.
What I learned in this job is that customer service industry gives you the chance to spend your entire day communicating with people. You learned to be helpful, but genuine. Friendly yet efficient. The management team were great and very understanding. The co-workers were very friendly. Overall it was a good company to work for.
Pros
the discount
Cons
healthcare
Find another job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 15, 2016
Management is horrible! Your whole social life is gone. They are not flexible with their hours or shifts. The pay is not worth what they expect you to do! Better opportunities out there. Not a place to work on Holidays.
Cons
management and hours of business
fun environment with cool coworkers
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 20, 2016
alright job placement with no opportunity for advancement within the company. learned various dock duties while working there and taught me how to be on time for work early in the morning. would have enjoyed more if the surrounding people weren't so involved with other people's business.
Pros
nice lunch breaks with fifteen minutes break in between, nice break room
Cons
no benefits, pay wasn't great, no advancement
Boston Store Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI 53719August 16, 2016
When I first got hired at Boston Store I was very happy and interested in the job. The co-workers and some of the managers were very supportive and nice to work with. The hardest part about the job was the main manager, she has always had a attitude and was raciest with some of the coworkers. While I worked their, I only was 5 mixed/black people working there out of the whole business. I enjoyed meeting new people and I met my long lost cousin.
Pros
good discounts, making new friends
Cons
Head Manager
Fun Workplace ,Diversity Of Races.
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 7, 2016
So At Boston Store Some Of The Thing We Had To Do Was Walk In Our Department Which Was Young Contemporary aka Juniors, Picking up The Clothes That Were All Over The Floor. So Basically We Had To Make Sure Our Area Was Neat. I Also Watched Over The Cash Register So Handling Money
Pros
Flexible Hours, Friendly People
Cons
Some People Were Rude, Should Have Got Paid More
Was fun, until business was slow.
Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 1, 2016
It helped me interact more with different people and I knew I wanted to have a job that deals with customers. There was nothing really hard about the job but it was enjoyable while the experience lasted. I didn't want to leave but I had to leave to work at Walmart since it was closer.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 3, 2016
I enjoyed assisting customers with the choices they had to help make a purchase for my team. i also appreciated the friendly conversation with customers while they were making their purchase.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
free lunches
Wonderful experience at m&i
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WISeptember 21, 2016
Wonderful benifets and enjoyed working there. We had paid lunch and wonderful work area. The Work area was clean. We were not require to stay late.
Pros
Pay was great
Cons
Short breaks
I hated it here!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 16, 2016
I hated working for Boston Store here in Milwaukee. The managers were horrible and the store was so unorganized!!! I tried to make things work here because I wanted to keep this as a part time job for extra money but it got to the point that I just didn't care anymore about the extra money.. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work here EVER. No one ever knew what was going on and half the times employees would just leave out and go walking in the mall. I have been in retail for 18+ years and this was by far the worse company I ever worked for
Pros
Cons
Management sucked
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIOctober 22, 2016
My work experience with boston store was okay. it wasn't how I expected to be. the mangers where every rude and never happy. the surrounding was good and the customers where as well.
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greendale, WIAugust 3, 2016
Had a nice slow pace at times except through the holidays, did change on slower times like spring and summer. Did change of clothes, inventory, watch for thefts, helping customers.
My co-workers where fun to work with.
Recovery Team (Former Employee) –  Greendale, WIJuly 25, 2016
I like making the store look nice for the customers and restocking the items it the store. keeping the store clean. everything had to be organized.
Work no play
part time (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 17, 2015
I love my customers, but management isn't the best.
Our Management team isn't knowledgeable and incompetent, and the pay is very low for a big box store.
Pros
I love my customers
Cons
Under-staffed, low compensation, over-worked and management team isn't the best
productive, fun place to work at.
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 4, 2016
Easy scheduling, and my manger works with my complex flexibility. Everyone there has been very nice and lots of workers just mind their own business since the store is so big.
Pros
20% discount for the first year weather you are part or full time, 25% after the year, 35% occasionally.
Cons
If you are a woman, you'll want to shop all the time!
the store was near closing down
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 22, 2016
The work day was long and dragging due to the lack of shoppers because of scarce merchandise. I feel that ne w management was definately a good idea but i feel better marketing skills would help
Pros
employed for 8 years
Cons
not a good company to work, for
Typical hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 7, 2016
I would only work on the weekend, not many hours were given out because my availability was low. I enjoyed working cashier most of the time because I enjoyed talking to the customers.
Pros
Store Discount
Cons
Not a lot of hours given on the weekends
High-pressure, low-reward job.
Sales associate - department "lead" person (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIDecember 12, 2012
The expectations of the job are high in that, along with all of our other duties, we are constantly pressured to open new accounts, obtain e-mails and garner positive customer feedback reviews for the company. Most of the time the store meets its goals, but if it doesn't, we are chastised at the morning "take five" meetings. Because management works under so much pressure, they do very little to support associates or make them feel appreciated. The hardest part of the job is that the store is so hyper-focused on customer service that it comes at the expense of the associates' dignity. The most enjoyment comes from the pleasant customers that genuinely appreciate your service. (They are usually people who work or have worked in retail and know how hard it is.) The pay is lousy to begin with and if you do manage to get a good review (i.e. open enough new accounts, etc.), you might be rewarded with a pay raise of a whopping 16 cents an hour once a year, and there is no hope whatsoever of advancement.
Pros
on high-volume sale days we are provided with sub sandwiches or pizza.
Cons
low wages with no chance for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Store. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9