BOSTON STORE

BOSTON STORE United States Employee Reviews

Productive and invigorating
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greendale, WIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: more physical than i anticpated
Co-workers were professional and very helpful; customers were polite and open to new ideas. Boston Store is located in Southridge Mall which is very popular and very well kept.
Fun and busy. Who could ask for more.
Retail Shoe Salesperson (part-time) (Former Employee), Madison, WIDecember 31, 2014
Just a part time job to make up 40 hrs between both jobs, Madison College and Boston Store. Enjoyed working with staff, management and customers.
Productive Workplace
Shoes Sales Associate (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 5, 2014
Pros: flexible breaks
Cons: less pay
This is a good store to work for if you are flexible and available.
Boston store
Cash office associate (Former Employee), Green Bay , WisconsinDecember 4, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the people i worked with and the costomers i helped.
Cons: the store in green bay closed.
I would punch in and then we would gather for an associates meeting. Individuals where recognized for going above the call of duty or excelling at their job. I would them procced to disspence cash register incerts to each cashier working on the floor. I would be incharge of making computer deposits, answering the phone and also made announcements over the loud speakers of promotions the store was having. I was also in charge of disspencing tickets to events for ticket master and doing gift wrap for store costomers. The days where very full days but the job was fun.
Boston Store was a blast.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Brookfield, WINovember 10, 2014
Advertize credit cards and give great customer service.
It was also fun because the people there are really friendly. And so are the managers.
Selling Specialist/Loss Prevention
Selling Specialist/Loss Prevention (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 20, 2014
Worked as a selling specialist for Joan's New York clothing line and was asked to be part of the loss prevention team to assist when needed. Only a handful of employees were selected for this position.
Fun place to work.
Head Associate (Current Employee), Glendale, WISeptember 9, 2014
Pros: high start pay
Cons: bad schedule
It can be a fun place to work, though the schedule will annoy just about anyone. There can be times when you dont get your schedule till the day before the new week is to start. It can be hard to schedule your life around the boston store time. the pay is great and most of the managers are fun to be around.
a very comfortable and clean workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIAugust 25, 2014
Pros: meeting so many new people
Cons: very limited hours
A typical day at Boston Store from my experience was very slow but always productive, there was always something to keep busy with. The main lesson thing I learned from the time I spent in Boston Store is how to be patient and deal with everyone differently. The management was fair and my co-workers were really nice people it was a pleasure working with them on the regular. I'd have to say the most difficult part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers, but I can honestly say that was indeed the most enjoyable part as well.
I will do it again if they was close on Sundays.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Glendale, WIAugust 25, 2014
I am a people person and I love working for Boston Store, the customers, the co-workers and with managers. My typical day a work was rejoicing with the customers and build a relationship with them. Well the hardest part of the job was working on Sundays. And the most enjoyable part of the job closing the sales and the customers is happy with their products also they always come back and they always want me to help them even at other counters.
Alright workplace
sales associate (Current Employee), Glendale, WIAugust 10, 2014
Its a ok place to work in but sometimes its not. Some of the people that work there is nice and some come in with attitudes. I learned a lot of new things while working there.
A challenging and fun workplace
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIJuly 31, 2014
Pros: life transformation through makeup and human touch
Cons: the harsh attitude from managers when numbers were not met.
A typical day at work would be to clean the area, recruit customers and make sure I make my daily goals/sales. Some of the things I learned were to create and come up with new ideas in order to attract more customers and also achieve the sales' goal.
My manager and I got along very well, but the clear communication was missing.
My co-workers and I got along very well as well, treating each other with respect.
The hardest part of the job was having the pressure of making the sales' goal even when the store was empty.
The most enjoyable part of the job was pampering the customers and making them feel appreciated and special with my service.
Very team orientated job
Merchandising Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 23, 2014
They also cared about the customers as well as co-workers everybody helps each other out a very friendly environment.
pin pong
Stocker/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
exciting, it's fun meeting new people,co=workers are friendly,no hard parts about work,most enjoyable? checks.
It's retail.
Fragrance Consultant (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIMay 10, 2014
Pros: fragrance samples.
Cons: hours, pay, and lack of benefits.
I had fun at this job, and I liked my co-worker's, however the pay was awful and so was the scheduling.
Productive and fun plave to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 26, 2014
Pros: able to use discount nationwide
Cons: sales and coupons applied to everything
It was a very good job to have.
There was always something to do.
I enjoyed the coupons and discount that I received.
Basic job
Cashier (Former Employee), Greenfield, WIMarch 24, 2014
Pros: nice team and working envirnoment
Cons: short work hours and pay
-cashier handled cash, checks, coupons, credit
- assisted customers
- kept work area clean
BonTon is good.
Stock/Receiving (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 22, 2014
Typical day at work for me starts at 5am I go in to unload & process trucks. I also run a bailer machine during my entire shift which means I pick up boxes as they come along & crush them; management always seems to be a bit over the top & stressed about the work environment. My co-workers are great they all seem to come to work and come with attitudes of getting the job done. The hardest part of my job is not getting frustrated at the steady change of pace during the work shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with others being able to satisfy customers and provide them of their needs.
Not a good place to work
Sales (Current Employee), Racine, WIFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: discount, few nice people
Cons: 99% of the time no breaks, backstabbers, stressed out management
A typical day at work is standing around not doing much, waiting for human life to arrive at the store. I have learned that schedules don't come out on time and change often. Budgets are tight so you are lucky to get a break in my department. Management looks miserable. Turn over is high. Training??? What training, it's a joke. You hear co workers talking poorly about each other. Worse part about the job is it's boring. When a customer does need your help it's a great time. It's not a great place to work.
I loved working in Customer Service.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Latham, NYFebruary 22, 2014
I really enjoyed working in retail.
I enjoyed working with the public
meeting all different types.
Enjoyable work environment for a small local department store.
SELLING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIFebruary 18, 2014
Going to work was enjoyable. The people I worked with were professional, yet could let their guard down once in awhile.

We merchandised one or more departments every day. This was the fun part of our weeks, in moving items around to see what would be a more attractive display for our customers.

The hardest part of our job was making sure all the merchandise at the beginning of a season was merchandised correctly for our customers.

I did learn a lot about myself, management, the many different aspects of each position we employed at the store, and how little there was for advancement.

1 2 3 4

About BOSTON STORE

Boston Store is part of the The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc., a regional department store operator in the United States, offering an assortment – Read more

BOSTON STORE Salaries