Boston University

Boston University Employer Reviews

Instructional Technology Specialist, Boston University
Instructional Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: union job, great starting salary, wonderful coworkers, lots of responsibility
Cons: difficult, multi-leveled bureaucracy
Boston University has been an excellent place to work. I started here right out of college and was immediately treated like an experienced professional.
Good benefits
Animal Science Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 21, 2014
Good place to work with great benefits.
Work with many types of people.
Both campuses have their pros and cons.
good place to work
Public Safety Officer / Dispatcher (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 10, 2014
Great people and great place to work. you get all the latest training..................
Awesome workplace with cafetaria, ping pong table and gymnasium
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 5, 2014
Requires lot of focus, punctuality, and hard work. Most enjoyable part is to have fun time in between the work.
Brilliant Students Inspire and Shape the College
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 3, 2014
The students are far and away the best part of the job. They're the best and brightest at BU and were the biggest motivation for advancing the program. While I was at KHC, the program was brand new, so there was a lot of development and learning on a day-to-day basis.
A productive work setting with a great scope of advancement in the career
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 1, 2014
Student employers experience a typical working environment which boost their career advancement in the future when they enter corporate arena.
MA
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 30, 2014
Served as medical assistant and/or phlebotomist on a temporary basis to many hospitals within the Boston area, such as Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, and others. Responsibilities included, but were not limited to, taking patients’ vital signs; making, canceling – more... and changing appointments; making reminder calls; mailing results to patients; sending dictations to providers; assisting with registration; drawing blood from patients; and performing relatively minor procedures such as removal of stitches. – less
a
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: long commute
Extremely busy inner city hospital serving all types of clientele.
Learned a great deal
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 10, 2014
It was my first time conducting laboratory research, and the people who trained me were very helpful.
Good work environment for self motivated employees.
Financial Analyst II- Cores (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Work is dependent on department. I was lucky enough to have great bosses who encouraged hard work and mentored me through each day.

Promotion/ salary increase process can be very slow.
Fast paced, pleasant environment
Temporary Administrative Staff (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 25, 2014
very flexible and understanding
promote professional and personal development
A job to acquire valuable professional skills
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Sabana Seca, PRAugust 19, 2014
Work consisted of analyzing scientific data. I learned the management of a research laboratory. Co-workers worked as a team to complete laboratory tasks. The hardest part of the job is to feel insecure about the job duration. The most enjoyable part of the job was to share knowledge with important scientists.
Great Place to Learn
Liu Lab Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: learned a lot, worked independently
I worked here as an undergraduate researcher. And in the 2 years I worked there, I learned much about Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, as well as Natural Products. The lab despite having multidisciplinary focuses made sure that everyone had a understanding of all the projects going on in the lab. This lead to a lot of knowledge being transferred – more... which I found great! – less
Good work environment
Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 9, 2014
Excellent benefits and steady raises. No clear path for advancement at times. Excellent facilities and personal support.
Stimulating and Professional Environment
Clinical Research Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: environment, patients, peers
Cons: commute
Loved my position, amazing patients, opportunity for learning, fantastic colleagues, professional growth. Only left to return to school full time for an advanced degree.
Boston University is an excellent employer with good benefits and advancement opportunities.
Director (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: career advancement
Cons: salaries
I enjoyed my 30 years at Boston University and was promoted several times. I was able to learn and practice both State and Federal employment laws. The Human Resource Office was always a team effort and the staff is always hardworking and enthusiastic. The most difficult part of my job was dealing with sensitive employee disciplinary actions. The most – more... rewarding part of my job was resolving sensitive issues. – less
You are able to learn a new thing every single day. That's my kind of employment.
Network Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 25, 2014
good place to work
Senior Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 3, 2014
good benefits, great office cultire, you can balance work and life
Educational Institution
Student Researcher (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 1, 2014
I was very fortunate to have received my Bachelor of Science degree from this amazing university.
Great people and worth the work you put in.
Research Assistant/Interim Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 31, 2014
Pros: awesome people
Cons: overwhelming at times
Great place to work, really competitive but worth it! You are given plenty of responsibilities to keep you busy and as a research assistant it is all about reaching quotas while maintaining ethical standards. If you enjoy a fast paced environment this is the place for you.

1 2 3 4 5