Boston University Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful Staff
Marsh Chapel Undergraduate Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 28, 2016
It is a challenging internship in many ways. Often I lead and work with people who are much older than I am, while I am in the leadership role. I must be able to work with a large variety of people. Because of the necessity for the Chapel to be a safe place, there is a certain level of decorum that must be maintained. It has been a really wonderful learning experience.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Sometimes not enough staff for everything that needs to get done
Terrible managers
Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 25, 2016
Awful and toxic work environment, not willing to improve work conditions even after concerns were brought up multiple times to every supervisor
Good work/life balance
International Scholar Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 10, 2016
Boston University provides an excellent benefits package and encouragement to grow within one's own department and across the institution.
Nice place to work
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2016
I have been quite impressed with my mentor and the members of his laboratory, the research we are conducting, the Renal Section and with Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center as a whole. I think this is an ideal setting for me to learn, advance my skills and expertise and continue to develop into an independent scientist. I have been in many research settings, but Boston University is overwhelmingly the best I have encountered
The staff were knowledgeable
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 1, 2016
The staff were very helpful to the students, the staff environment within the office was less than professional,
The staff were always there for the students.
Pros
Knowledgeable staff and helpful to students
Cons
Too much infighting and conflict within the office
Large Work Enviornment
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2016
The office was large with over 30 employees for Financial aid alone. We were housed in a building with many other offices that serviced well over 30K students. It was a very fast paced office as you had to answer many questions for student and parents a day.
Great University awful work enviroment
Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2016
BUASC is a great environment if you don't want to grow. The department needs structural shift to meet the needs of the younger generation.
Benefits
Cons
Hierarchy, no growth opportunities
Amazing
Instructor/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 22, 2016
It's an amazing place to work and grow your knowledge base. Would never trade this work experience over the past 4+ years for anything.
Not much communication
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2016
This is a very interest place to work. Some co-workers were wonderful . Management wasn't big on communication. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting persons from different places and dealing with all personalities.
Graet educational institution
Post-Doctoral Researcher, Center (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 17, 2016
Strong organic chemistry department that provides solid training to students and post-doctoral researchers. Fosters collaborative mindset in the trainees.
Stable and relatively relaxing for entry positions
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2016
Working in the Medical campus' research lab was everything you would expect. No thrill and no frill. Great for those who want to have an easy full time job and go for their tuition remission benefit and get a graduate degree out of it part-time. Be prepared to work hard for juggling school and work though, it's do-able but not fun.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Boring
Great experience
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 5, 2016
Boston University has provided an excellent environment for education and world-class research. The cross-disciplinary interests and collaborations with Boston-area physicians and researchers has been extremely valuable.
It was a graduate assistantship
IT Support & Web Research (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2016
The work was to take care of IT support and web research during my graduation. I learned many new IT skills.Management was very kind to me.Co workers were very friendly. I had to work on weekends also. The manager was very kind and cooperative.
Pros
Free snacks were given on weekends.
Cons
Working during the exams period.
lecture and laboratory
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2016
I enjoyed the subject matter and the students but ultimately decided I preferred a less formal instructional setting combined with laboratory research.
Pros
the students
Cons
formal setting
Laid back workplace. Great staff.
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MADecember 25, 2015
Very decent job. Great co-workers. Excellent Manager. Free lunch sometimes twice a week. No hassle stress free environment.
Fun academic environment that support culture
Research Assistant/Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 11, 2015
BU is such a large place to work. You might work in a single department for years and never know many of the employees there as departments often work in silos. While it must be difficult to work inter-dependently, many people cross-communicate and work well together. Overall enjoyed my 5 years working in multiple departments in various colleges.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 7, 2015
Boston University is a good place to do research, and you can balance your Work and Life there. It also offers you good benefits.
Worked in a large organization provide opportunity to worked among various deprtments and job tasks was clearly defined, constant training and growth.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 25, 2015
BUMC was a large organization with a few thousand employees and as accounting manager, I have coordinated with various departments and also supervised/trained staff, assign projects and set deadline for completion.
Student Job
Media Group Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 17, 2015
Very good place to work as a student. The culture is drived by student culture since that is who you serve or work with. The job is good thing to put on your resume and isn't too demanding
worked independently
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2015
I was responsible for interpreting substantial volumes of original course materials in Japanese and converting all into English for the benefits of hundreds of students. In addition, I developed tests and quizzes in a timely manner and assisted with grading homework and quizzes.