Boston University

Boston University Employer Reviews

Many hours, under paid
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Co-workers are great. But management is sub-par, extremely political, old philosophy/"traditional" University culture.

Hardest part of the job is getting management to listen to the people actually doing the work.

Best part of the job is the tuition remission.
BU administration
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2015
Excellent benefits; the School of Public Health specifically is an excellent, lean and well managed section of the school.
Loved it
Billing (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2015
Overall I loved it. Went to different sites to assist with MA help. There was no time to be bored always something exciting and new everyday. I learned a lot and applied to the next place I went. Loved the short face paced places I went. If it wasn't for the family i would still be there.
Productive workspace
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston MAJanuary 6, 2015
Working Environment is extremely satisfying, you get to work with the top minds in the field and on the latest innovative algorithms. Professors help you out when you are in trouble.
Great place to work, Employee training and advancement provided
Technical Service Manger (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2015
The company hires by position, not employee. There have not been any raises in over five years. Employees are not happy.
I look at it as these positions are refillable for the company and so they only offer as low a salary as they can get away with at the time of hire. They promise raises but have not delivered
it was very fun working with my team
Summer Internship (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 22, 2014
In my internship at Boston University , we were able to work Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm . I learned how to do group work and individually working . it was not that hard ,because I had preview experience about working in Lab. The most enjoyable part of the job it was when we analyses the date .
Instructional Technology Specialist, Boston University
Instructional Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: union job, great starting salary, wonderful coworkers, lots of responsibility
Cons: difficult, multi-leveled bureaucracy
Boston University has been an excellent place to work. I started here right out of college and was immediately treated like an experienced professional.
Good benefits
Animal Science Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 21, 2014
Good place to work with great benefits.
Work with many types of people.
Both campuses have their pros and cons.
good place to work
Public Safety Officer / Dispatcher (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 10, 2014
Great people and great place to work. you get all the latest training..................
Awesome workplace with cafetaria, ping pong table and gymnasium
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 5, 2014
Requires lot of focus, punctuality, and hard work. Most enjoyable part is to have fun time in between the work.
Brilliant Students Inspire and Shape the College
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 3, 2014
The students are far and away the best part of the job. They're the best and brightest at BU and were the biggest motivation for advancing the program. While I was at KHC, the program was brand new, so there was a lot of development and learning on a day-to-day basis.
A productive work setting with a great scope of advancement in the career
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 1, 2014
Student employers experience a typical working environment which boost their career advancement in the future when they enter corporate arena.
MA
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 30, 2014
Served as medical assistant and/or phlebotomist on a temporary basis to many hospitals within the Boston area, such as Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, and others. Responsibilities included, but were not limited to, taking patients’ vital signs; making, canceling and changing appointments; making reminder calls; mailing results to patients; sending dictations to providers; assisting with registration; drawing blood from patients; and performing relatively minor procedures such as removal of stitches.
a
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: long commute
Extremely busy inner city hospital serving all types of clientele.
Learned a great deal
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 10, 2014
It was my first time conducting laboratory research, and the people who trained me were very helpful.
Good work environment for self motivated employees.
Financial Analyst II- Cores (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Work is dependent on department. I was lucky enough to have great bosses who encouraged hard work and mentored me through each day.

Promotion/ salary increase process can be very slow.
Fast paced, pleasant environment
Temporary Administrative Staff (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 25, 2014
very flexible and understanding
promote professional and personal development
A job to acquire valuable professional skills
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Sabana Seca, PRAugust 19, 2014
Work consisted of analyzing scientific data. I learned the management of a research laboratory. Co-workers worked as a team to complete laboratory tasks. The hardest part of the job is to feel insecure about the job duration. The most enjoyable part of the job was to share knowledge with important scientists.
Great Place to Learn
Liu Lab Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: learned a lot, worked independently
I worked here as an undergraduate researcher. And in the 2 years I worked there, I learned much about Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, as well as Natural Products. The lab despite having multidisciplinary focuses made sure that everyone had a understanding of all the projects going on in the lab. This lead to a lot of knowledge being transferred which I found great!
Good work environment
Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 9, 2014
Excellent benefits and steady raises. No clear path for advancement at times. Excellent facilities and personal support.

1 2 3 4 5