Boston University Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to complete a Master's thesis project
Health Communication Graduate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 25, 2017
I did pro-bono consulting work for Boston University as part of my master's thesis project for Emerson College. It was a wonderful experience. The staff who I worked with in Student Health Services and Behavioral Medicine were patient, attentive, and provided fantastic mentorship to me.
Awesome staff, lovely environment
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2017
I love both studying and working at BU. I find the people there to be very easy to get along with and there is rarely a day when I have a bad experience here.
A fine place to work
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2017
A young environment with many eager young professionals looking to move up in the higher education field. Travel is required for five weeks in the fall and working from home is required in the winter.
Pros
Social, Travel, Work-from, Home
Cons
Low salary, upward mobility is tough.
Lots of Work, Decent Pay
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2017
Although I thoroughly enjoyed the work I did in the lab, it required many hours of overtime and weekend shifts. This extra work is par for the course when it comes to biology work, but it was certainly draining at times.
Normal office environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2017
Normal feel to this office space, everyone tends to keep to themselves; very easy to get your work done; repetitive work sometimes; located right off the exit
Awesome place to work and very demanding
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2017
Working as a technician for Boston University is a very fun job. you get to go in the field and have all sort of experiences. However this is a very demanding University and you must be willing to make some sacrifices if you really love your job and want to make your best effort.
Productive and jovial work environment
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2017
Our current scientific focus is the ongoing support of medicinal chemistry projects that have evolved from screening hits discovered in collaboration with our CLC colleagues. We are broadly interested in developing and optimizing bioactive small molecules for therapeutic and research use in the study of infectious diseases, neurodegenerative diseases, and cancer.

Highly motivated team to come to everyday.
Great people and students to work with
Assistant Athletic Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 14, 2017
Talented staff and faculty who care a great deal about the students at the University. Expectations are high and work can be fast paced but mostly a relaxed place to work.
Boston University
Academic Administrator of MCBB (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 21, 2017
A lot has changed since I have been there, so I am not sure that a review from me at this point is that useful. At the time it was a good environment and a supportive one. Low salaries though.
Great place
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Medical campusMarch 20, 2017
Great place to work, as I have worked there for some time. I would definitely consider this university if you are applying for a position. The location is
flexible
Licensing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2017
i love the open atmosphere at the university. Great attention to people and heir lives, very understanding and flexible to the needs of employees. Benefits are good.
Opportunity to learn new skills like ms azure
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 8, 2017
Very good to assist a professor in his works and learning new technologies like ms azure, db, and power bi.
Looking forward to more such opportunities
Fun College Job
PHOTO LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 3, 2017
I worked here in college to get extra money. It was a great way to earn extra money, learn photographic processes and be involved helping students with their questions about photography.
Best University to work for
Personal Assistant - USA (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2017
I have enjoyed my time working for Boston University.

They have inclusion policy that make you feel comfortable dealing with everyone in the university.
Enjoyable
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 13, 2017
My coworkers were great. Sometimes the process can be a bit disorganized, but as most of the employees are students, that is to be expected. Overall great place!
A challenging day full of decisions both operational, resource allocation customer interaction,. Very demanding.
Associate Director of Mail Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2017
Begin the day.
Assess resources.
Allocate responsibilities based on resources available.
Monitor organizational needs and respond according to priorities.
Respond to customer requests effectively.
Handle any emergencies i.e. illness, vehicle breakdown etc.
Get all daily operational requirements met.
Take care of necessary issues if employee not available.
Work culture was no news is good news.
The hardest part of the job was reducing overtime to save jobs.
The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing all daily responsibilities in a timely complete manner. Ultimately satisfying the customers needs.
Pros
Being allowed to do your job.
Cons
Constant cutbacks of resources.
Wonderful experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2017
Coursework includes: Statistical Methods in Quantitative Research, Applied Multiple Regression and
Multivariable Methods, Data Science in R, Statistical Learning, Time Series and Forecasting
Nice place to work
Teaching Assistant for 'Analog VLSI Circuit Design (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2017
If you want a stable job and a stable salary, this is the place you want to go. All you can do is go there, work, eat lunch, work and go home. It's not bad as there is not much challenges and you are not likely to get fired, but it is just not exciting.
Productive and Friendly Work Environment
Drafting & CAD Assistant (Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2017
The work environment at Boston University (Facility and Planning Department) is well established and the managers, and more generally every member of the staff, make it easy to feel comfortable and ready for personal and professional improvement. The days can be fairly monotonous, but it is a dynamic work place and most likely there is always something new to get done.
Pros
Friendly and good pay check
Cons
Slow to get everyone on the same page
Productive work place
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2017
I was a graduate assistant and I had flexible hours. I learned a lot while assisting the professor. Got different business ideas and the way to handle the hard projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston University. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval