Boston University Employee Reviews

Valuable Learning Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2017
As an undergraduate thesis candidate, I was able to take control over my own personal project and learn through experience. The mentorship and guidance that I received at Boston University was incredibly valuable, but I also value the trust that my supervisor and colleagues had in me to allow me to take on such a project as a novice in the field.
Intellectually stimulating job
Facilitator (Teacher Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2017
Rewarding to see students progress through the term. Professor is very supportive. Administration is unappreciative however; no raises at all in at least 8 years even though tuition has increased each year.
Pros
Intellectually stimulating, rewarding
Cons
Pay is very poor and they don't give raises
Great school for media
Freelance (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 8, 2017
With great connections to many major media outlets, BU's college of Communication is a great place to get real world experience. Good professors, good internship opportunities.
Work
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Medical CampusJune 7, 2017
It is great to work and meet with the students.
I've learned that many students have so many different issues which control their likes, dis likes, fears, etc. Management, is really not an issue with me because I have my other duties and jobs away from this office. The workplace culture was also not a personally a problem, but I felt the students should mainly be the priority and not just saying their the priority. Because of that feeling, I mad sure I was available to every student who sought any assistance by me.
The hardest part of this job is knowing which student(s) didn't promote to Medical School. I did not feel comfortable coming to work on those days. The most enjoyable part of the day was interacting with the students. I would not continue working there if it were decided that we had absolutely no contact with the students.
Pros
Seeing the students
Cons
non-comunication, lack of group meetings, failing students.
Prodouctive
Enrollment Services Operations- Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2017
Assisted with Financial Aid for upcoming student and already enrolled students

Loan applications

Keying

Data Entry work

Working with admissions team to insure that new students received a welcoming package
Volunteer Assistant Lacrosse Coach
Volunteer Assistant Lacrosse Coach (Current) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 6, 2017
Engaging environment to help young men develop through the medium of sport. Long days, rewarding work. We increased the team's capacity and culture a to become a perennial conference contender and national force.
Great professors to work with
Research Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2017
BU's Research Assistant program for MA students is excellent. The professors are all highly motivated to do research and are open to delegating additional responsibilities to the students they work with. It is an excellent learning experience.
A great place to start a career
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 29, 2017
I came to Boston University through a temp agency and they quickly welcomed me in. Everyone I met was supportive of me and what I wanted to get from the job.
productive
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 26, 2017
A lot of hard working people and very motivated. We shared lunch meetings and drinks after work. I learned to programe in MATLAB and developed a DIC software.
Masters Student
Medical Science Student (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2017
Great program and facilities. It costs a pretty penny, but you get all the amenities you could ask for. Don't fall behind in the class work or else the program will eat you alive.
productive, flexible and excellent education benefit
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 20, 2017
Work 8 hours a day with flexible time; I learned a lot from weekly seminars and other academic activities; well managed; nice work place with many respectful people.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
health care
Fun Place to work, lots going on in Compensation to update technologies and programs.
Senior Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 19, 2017
The University's HR Department was a fun place to work, but it was extremely busy and often under staffed. Working at a University was very different than working in general industry. I did feel sort of like a fish out of water. I do want to work in General Industry, not at a University. If a University atmosphere is what you want, BU is a great place to work.
academic environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2017
Academic institution that is balancing between cutting costs and serving its mission. Administrative functions have undergone and are undergoing significant restructuring and turnover.
Great
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2017
Staff and Facilities are great. Strength and Conditioning professionals are top of the line and work closely with the sports medicine team to further athletic advancement.
Good environment, low pay
Research (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 9, 2017
Flexible & supportive environment, but the pay could be better.

Amazing vacation time. All employees get off during intersession between Christmas and New Years!
Wonderful place to complete a Master's thesis project
Health Communication Graduate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 25, 2017
I did pro-bono consulting work for Boston University as part of my master's thesis project for Emerson College. It was a wonderful experience. The staff who I worked with in Student Health Services and Behavioral Medicine were patient, attentive, and provided fantastic mentorship to me.
Awesome staff, lovely environment
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2017
I love both studying and working at BU. I find the people there to be very easy to get along with and there is rarely a day when I have a bad experience here.
A fine place to work
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2017
A young environment with many eager young professionals looking to move up in the higher education field. Travel is required for five weeks in the fall and working from home is required in the winter.
Pros
Social, Travel, Work-from, Home
Cons
Low salary, upward mobility is tough.
Lots of Work, Decent Pay
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2017
Although I thoroughly enjoyed the work I did in the lab, it required many hours of overtime and weekend shifts. This extra work is par for the course when it comes to biology work, but it was certainly draining at times.
Normal office environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2017
Normal feel to this office space, everyone tends to keep to themselves; very easy to get your work done; repetitive work sometimes; located right off the exit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston University. Our community is ready to answer.