Bostwick Laboratories

Bostwick Laboratories Employer Reviews

great environment
Billing specialist, claims (Current Employee), Uniondale, NYOctober 22, 2014
Pros: build great comaraderie with management and peers
Cons: no room for growth
over all i enjoyed working at this company and developed great skills:

Correcting Data entry errors.
Knowledgable of diagnosis codes.
Processing all Patients insurance and third parties.
Read denials and Explanation of Benefits.
Rebill in timely manner.
Excellent customer service representation (verbal and written) with Patients, Insurance carriers, – more... and practices of all sorts.
Extensive experience in Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) – less
Fast-paced professional workplace with room to develop and acquire a stronger skillset
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, great work schedules, fun atmosphere
Cons: company downsizing
Client Service Specialist
• Managed team members ensuring all daily telephone correspondence, reporting, and database records were handled efficiently and professionally
• Implemented programs and meetings designed to improve performance
• Trained new hires on the processing of prescription request procedures and the interpretation of various medical – more... codes
• Monitored the daily tracking, recording, and reporting of team performance indicators
• Demonstrated leadership with a positive professional attitude, fostering a team concept and strong work ethic

Client Service Rep
• Liaison for assigned sales reps, providing assistance with new and existing client accounts
• Maintained knowledge base of products for assigned clients in order to meet and maximize service needs
• Established a positive working relationship with clients and coworkers to develop and maintain productive working relationships
• Reviewed client orders for supplies and refill requests for processing
• Researched and resolved client account needs and system problems to ensure accuracy
• Conveyed customer service failure complaints to team leads for investigation and follow-up
• Contacted clients daily to set schedules for expedited logistics requests
• Completed additional assignments based on quarterly goals – less
Productive day
Senior Registration Specialist (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: the work day pass by very fast.
Register all specimens, accession and bill all specimens on a daily basis. Check all other associates work for completeness and accuracy. I learned much more about specimens and healthcare.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Executive Coordinator, Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home sometimes
Cons: lack of advancement
A typical day at Bostwick Laboratories was fast paced. There were always clients who needed reports for their patients and always specimens coming through the door for processing.

Management maintained and open door policy and were always available for questions and additional training.

Co-workers worked as a team and we counted on each other to get – more... the job done effectively and efficiently.

At Bostwick, I learned how to manage my time effectively and how to improve my communication skills. I learned a great deal about microsoft systems and the general day to day business in a pathology lab. I also learned what our clients expect and how to deliver results.

The hardest part of my job was advancement. The most enjoyable part was making a difference and providing results to our clients. – less
Great pay, benefits and fair evaluations to advance within the company.
Senior Missing Information Specialist (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 25, 2014
Pros: very good pay nice raises
Cons: lab closed because poor management
Dr. Bostwick, had a great team going here in Tempe, AZ. He made some bad choices in hiring managers with no professional or high regard to the Lab responsibilities.
It sadden me to know that for the rest of us that worked very hard we were laid off due to lack of the managements abilities.
Bostwick
Lab (Former Employee), RichmondJuly 20, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: bias
I worked for Bostwick almost eight years. The pay was good. Unfortunately, VP's and management are poor. The Clinical lab was ran by a Director and Supervisor that were incompetent and it showed daily.
Good while it lasted
Histology Technician (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 26, 2014
Pros: co-workers, team, supervisors, benefits
Cons: headquarters, lack of communication from hq
Our Nashville laboratory was dissolved during the economic crisis. I am saddened by this because the group was wonderful.

The daily work could be monotonous, but with such a wonderful team, the days flew by.
Family environment/ Good pay
Senior Patient Financial Services Specialist (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAApril 24, 2014
I have been employed for Bostwick Laboratories for 6 years, it is a very family oriented company and a fun company to work for. I have learned a lot in the laboratory field including the different types of tests that are performed, billing including denials, rejections, posting payments, refunds, bankruptcy cases and working in the call center.
Management – more... @ Bostwick Laboratories need to be improved the company hires a lot of managers that have no experience @ all and the communication between the manager and the employee's are really bad. – less
Worst Co. in America!
Representative (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAApril 1, 2014
Cons: benefits are expensive, no job security, horrible management
This once was a great place to work, the new management has managed to run the co. into the ground! They have no business plan. They are not paying their vendors while continuing to lay-off all the important office staff that actually cared and could still salvage the company. The management (most of whom came from failing companies) are a bunch of – more... incompetents. Surprised the doors are still open.
The most stressful environment to work in...not knowing whether or not you would lose your job from day to day seems to be the norm. – less
nice company too work for
Phlebotomy Field Technician (Current Employee), VAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: lunches
Cons: short breaks
nice company too work for I get along with my supervisor and sales person most days are very nice
Productive and Fun Place to work
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: always enjoyed our copany activites to fellowshio with each other....from ceo to the little guy, we always made time.
Cons: i knew company policies require breaks, but i enjoyed working and learning so much that i didn't like taking my breaks but a must.
Everyday was a learning experience and management was very attentive to employee needs. My co-workers where excellent team players and always willing to help. The hardest part of my job was the commuting to and from work but always eager to be there on-time. The most enjoyable part of my job was Customer Service required to attend either the patients – more... or the Dr.'s in charge of the paients cases. – less
Nice place to work, you are allowed to grow with the company
Kit Builder (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: nice place to work and they pay well
Cons: 30 min lunch can't really leave campus -
Some days very busy.
I learned quite alot working there.
The hardest part working with some chemicals.
the enjoyable part having fun with co-workers
Still a quality organization.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: operations and meical directorship.
Cons: high level corporate leaders lacking scientific ethics!
Great medical staff, medical director and operations director. Dr. Bostwick's imprint still exists, hopefully for a long time!
Great Place to Learn/Excellent Co-Workers
Sr. Rep-Former Employee (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VANovember 30, 2013
Cons: poor communication from executive management
Great place to learn a variety of duties as it pertains to Billing. The majority of co-workers get along great (like family). Communication from executive level management is very poor. We usually heard of changes or layoffs on the "rumor wheel." Overall, I think if the company was managed better, it would be the ideal place to work. The pay was the – more... best! – less
it was a fun place to work we all took care of our duties and was able to assist each other when needed, and we had time to joke.
Direct Billing Representative (Former Employee), Glen Allen VaNovember 21, 2013
Pros: wonderful company to work for, they have christmas bonuses, and cared about the well being of their employees
Cons: it was a wonderful co
my daily duties were different from day to day. I handled emails faxes and calls from clients and fields sales. I worked on all billing issues from posting payments to loading contracts into the system. Special projects as assigned. What i like most is the diversity and keeping busy. I get along with all my co-workers & enjoyed the pot lucks we would – more... have. The hardest part of my job was when a client wanted billing information from ex: 2009 and it would be difficult to provide in a timely manner due to the co has changed billing systems that were not available to access. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Laboratory Processing and Reporting Technician (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 25, 2013
Received and scanned in biopsy kits. Input patient demographic and insurance information. Identified and verified all insurance information to be electronically billed. Input gross descriptions from the lab, on various biopsy and urine specimens. Transcribed diagnosis’s from pathologist, on various biopsy and urine specimens.
Researched and input proper – more... ICD-9 Codes on various specimens – less
I would not suggest it
The pay was great, but the management was terrible. The work was easy, and the co workers were cool. Again Management was the worse. the company is relocating.
Excellent place to work
Lead Patient Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAOctober 21, 2013
I have enjoyed my time with Bostwick Laboratories, Inc. My years with the company has assisted in my growth both professionally and personally. I will take that knowledge with me throughout my career and I am forever grateful for the experience.
Wonderful Learning Experience
Registration, Accessioning, Client Services (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: strong management.
Cons: no advancement opportunities.
I've enjoyed my time a Bostwick and I appreciate the opportunity to have worked there. But due to recent budget cuts and layoffs, I don't feel my future there is secure.
Productive Work Place
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2013
Laboratory Assistant

• Open specimens upon arrival and perform standard verification
• Cut blocks and slides for different specimens, paraffin blocks, and of misc. stains
• Distribute specimens to proper lab departments
• Assist grossing staff when needed
• Inventory and restocking of material when applicable

Histology Laboratory Assistant January – more... 2009 - February 2011

• Process specimens according to set protocols, retrieve specimens from grossing stations and manage workload accordingly
• Organize and sort special stains, routine stains, and match with specific patient information and physician requests
• Perform standard daily control procedures and maintain laboratory equipment
• Process stains and coverslip slides for Cytopathology using approved methodology
• Report any discrepant findings
• Clean all lab dishware and reusable supplies and required by protocols
• Assist Histotechnologists, Pathologists, and other company personnel as required.
• Troubleshoot work flow, equipment, procedures in a manner consistent with standard laboratory practices.
• Stock, maintain, and provide inventory of supplies on a weekly basis to the Histology Supervisor

Pap Laboratory Assistant October 2009-March 2011

• Ran controls and monitor analyzers for accurate results
• Preparation of ThinPrep and SurePath specimens
• Manual coverslipping, pap staining, and Diff Quik
• Prepare solutions and slide staining instruments
• Label slides, record statistical information for Non-Gyn cytology, order supplies, record QC chart, and chemical waste disposal – less

1 2 3