Bostwick Laboratories Employee Reviews in United States

Working in a Pathology Lab
Supervisor of Client Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2016
A typical day is your feet hit the floor and you don't stop until the work is finished. I had NO experience in Pathology, but was promoted after my probationary to a Supervisor. I learned quick and I learned it wasn't always easy supervising 30 plus people. I really enjoyed this job. I worked very closely with all departments in the Lab. The hardest part of the job was knowing all the specimens that came through our doors were being tested for cancer. The most enjoyable part was working for a Manager who saw the potential in me and appreciated my work ethics.
Pros
New experience in a new field
Cons
Horrible communication with the other 3 labs we had in the US.
Poor Management
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 23, 2016
Only worked for this company for less than a year. I worked in Virginia and my Supervisor was in Texas. Never met him. Human Resources was in New York, never met anyone. My main communication was with the Sales Rep.
Pros
Laid back position
Cons
Contact with Management
Great place to learn
Billing Manager, Receivables/Denial Processing (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJune 3, 2016
Bostwick is a place to work hard and learn. I learned so much at Bostwick.. and learning everyday... The environment is great. The people who work here are truly dedicated to the company.
Business Structure
Shipping/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAOctober 3, 2012
This company was a definate in the beginning, but with most companies depending on who's in charge(management execs) wil only care about their promos, lives and not the long standing of individuals who have paved the way for their salaries, homes or just good living. We often get the low end of the stick, inconsistant pay raises, no followup on rules established and just very very unprofessional.
The employees deserve better, made great friends. great part of day was when break time or time to go.
Pros
monthly birthday gatherings or service awards.
Cons
need trained mangers, not certificates, no care attitudes.
Worst Co. in America!
Representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 1, 2014
This once was a great place to work, the new management has managed to run the co. into the ground! They have no business plan. They are not paying their vendors while continuing to lay-off all the important office staff that actually cared and could still salvage the company. The management (most of whom came from failing companies) are a bunch of incompetents. Surprised the doors are still open.
The most stressful environment to work in...not knowing whether or not you would lose your job from day to day seems to be the norm.
Cons
benefits are expensive, no job security, horrible management
Productive and fast paced workplace
Executive Coordinator, Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 24, 2014
A typical day at Bostwick Laboratories was fast paced. There were always clients who needed reports for their patients and always specimens coming through the door for processing.

Management maintained and open door policy and were always available for questions and additional training.

Co-workers worked as a team and we counted on each other to get the job done effectively and efficiently.

At Bostwick, I learned how to manage my time effectively and how to improve my communication skills. I learned a great deal about microsoft systems and the general day to day business in a pathology lab. I also learned what our clients expect and how to deliver results.

The hardest part of my job was advancement. The most enjoyable part was making a difference and providing results to our clients.
Pros
ability to work from home sometimes
Cons
lack of advancement
Great pay, benefits and fair evaluations to advance within the company.
Senior Missing Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 25, 2014
Dr. Bostwick, had a great team going here in Tempe, AZ. He made some bad choices in hiring managers with no professional or high regard to the Lab responsibilities.
It sadden me to know that for the rest of us that worked very hard we were laid off due to lack of the managements abilities.
Pros
very good pay nice raises
Cons
lab closed because poor management
Bostwick
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYApril 13, 2015
I loved my job at Bostwick. Management was professional, courteous, very helpful and friendly to work. Basically I worked for the financial department in the laboratory. My daily responsibility was to post all medicare billing in data form and have them ready for patients. I was also responsible for posting and organizing all EOB's.

I learned allot at Bostwick. I was in training for two weeks, classes on all medical terminology and billing to better perform our work even though I had already taken all of those classes at Kaplan, to me learning never stops, especially if you want to better myself and be on top of your field.

The only reason I am no longer at Bostwick Laboratories was due to health problems. I was diagnosed with diabetes, had a car accident and spinal fusion surgery, all within the same year. I was required to go on medical leave. I m looking to work a little closer to home.
Pros
I truly loved working there, the people were pleasant to work with, the environment and especially their benefit packages.
Cons
The work was redundant and boring after awhile.
great environment
Billing specialist, claims (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYOctober 22, 2014
over all i enjoyed working at this company and developed great skills:

Correcting Data entry errors.
Knowledgable of diagnosis codes.
Processing all Patients insurance and third parties.
Read denials and Explanation of Benefits.
Rebill in timely manner.
Excellent customer service representation (verbal and written) with Patients, Insurance carriers, and practices of all sorts.
Extensive experience in Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Pros
build great comaraderie with management and peers
Cons
no room for growth
QA & QC Associate (Former Employee) –  Glenside, VaSeptember 29, 2015
Extremely busy medical laboratory with diverse medical procedures and specimens. Worked with a range of people from all backgrounds especially in the medical field.
Unorganized
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 27, 2013
Unorganized and Unethical management. The pay is good but there has never been job security. Ive learned to always work hard even if those around you are not.
Pros
money
Cons
no job security
Fun place to work.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenn Allen VaMarch 26, 2012
Room for growth,great benefits,Good Management, learn alot of different skills
Pros
great raises
Cons
fumes
Wonderful Learning Experience
Registration, Accessioning, Client Services (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAOctober 14, 2013
I've enjoyed my time a Bostwick and I appreciate the opportunity to have worked there. But due to recent budget cuts and layoffs, I don't feel my future there is secure.
Pros
strong management.
Cons
no advancement opportunities.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2014
Everyday was a learning experience and management was very attentive to employee needs. My co-workers where excellent team players and always willing to help. The hardest part of my job was the commuting to and from work but always eager to be there on-time. The most enjoyable part of my job was Customer Service required to attend either the patients or the Dr.'s in charge of the paients cases.
Pros
always enjoyed our copany activites to fellowshio with each other....from ceo to the little guy, we always made time.
Cons
i knew company policies require breaks, but i enjoyed working and learning so much that i didn't like taking my breaks but a must.
Bostwick
Lab (Former Employee) –  RichmondJuly 20, 2014
I worked for Bostwick almost eight years. The pay was good. Unfortunately, VP's and management are poor. The Clinical lab was ran by a Director and Supervisor that were incompetent and it showed daily.
Pros
salary
Cons
bias
Interesting place to work, definitely learn the game of politics
Clinical Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VaSeptember 26, 2012
Work itself was great. Everything must be done is 24 hour turn around time. I learned the game of politics and what some are willing to do to stay on top. Also how to stand up for me. The biggest lesson in the end your work will speak for itself. I had co-workers from so many different backgrounds, which I enjoyed because you learn so much. The hardest part of the job is when there is a problem with the system and it slows down the entire day. The best part of the day is knowing that with each case being completed it is helping a patient.
Pros
experience, pay
Cons
politics
Family environment/ Good pay
Senior Patient Financial Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 24, 2014
I have been employed for Bostwick Laboratories for 6 years, it is a very family oriented company and a fun company to work for. I have learned a lot in the laboratory field including the different types of tests that are performed, billing including denials, rejections, posting payments, refunds, bankruptcy cases and working in the call center.
Management @ Bostwick Laboratories need to be improved the company hires a lot of managers that have no experience @ all and the communication between the manager and the employee's are really bad.
A great work environment with excellent training
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of receiving specimens to run chemistry and urinalysis testing. My coworkers were very helpful and trained me well. The most enjoyable part of the job were company potlucks.
Pros
Company potlucks, Excellent training, Good pay
Productive and family friendly
Lead Lab Cytotech Prep Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2012
This company is very productive, the pay and benefits are ok but there is very little room for advancement.
good pay but layoffs
Billing/PFS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 18, 2012
the company pays well and has benefits but not the best job security. lots of layoffs and uncertainty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bostwick Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.