Bostwick Laboratories Employee Reviews

Bostwick was a great place to work for, unfortunately they went out of business. but overall a great place
Medical Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMay 8, 2017
Bostwick was a great place to work. I have met and learned alot while working here. Unfortunately they went out of business. but overall a great place
Collections agency
Data Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 4, 2017
Management was very lacking training in being professional, hence this is why thy have closed and no longer exist. I like a childish atmosphere this is this place for you to work.
Enjoy to do my work.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYApril 11, 2017
Enjoy to do my job. It will be better if everyone put same effort and more communication. This type of laboratory you have to be very careful because of someone life is depending on your performance. I love to be helpful whenever I'm worked.
productive, a challenge, an experience
Billing Cash Posting Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NY 11553March 25, 2017
The day was very productive. Enjoyed teaching my team new ways in posting. Management was very much available for assistance. A good environment. being versatile in different areas
lab assistant
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Bostwick Laboratories is a great team-based environment to work.
Management needs a little more training with employee communication.
There is always room for advancement in various areas within the lab.
I enjoyed working for the company for 7 years. I would recommend it to other individuals who are interested in working within cytology and histology.
Pros
Excellent employee communication and pleasant working environment. Excellent salary and benefits.
Cons
Management need more training in employee communication.
Great place to gain laboratory experience.
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYSeptember 8, 2016
Great place to gain laboratory experience.
Commuter friendly - very accessible.
Small close knit work environment.
Able to maintain work/life balance.
Extremely freindly and supportive enviroment.
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2016
We helped a number of patients at Bostwick by processing specimens in order to diagnose samples with negative and positive results. It was a time sensitive and fast paced environment with an extremely friendly and caring staff.
Poor Management
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 23, 2016
Only worked for this company for less than a year. I worked in Virginia and my Supervisor was in Texas. Never met him. Human Resources was in New York, never met anyone. My main communication was with the Sales Rep.
Pros
Laid back position
Cons
Contact with Management
Working in a Pathology Lab
Supervisor of Client Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2016
A typical day is your feet hit the floor and you don't stop until the work is finished. I had NO experience in Pathology, but was promoted after my probationary to a Supervisor. I learned quick and I learned it wasn't always easy supervising 30 plus people. I really enjoyed this job. I worked very closely with all departments in the Lab. The hardest part of the job was knowing all the specimens that came through our doors were being tested for cancer. The most enjoyable part was working for a Manager who saw the potential in me and appreciated my work ethics.
Pros
New experience in a new field
Cons
Horrible communication with the other 3 labs we had in the US.
Great place to learn
Billing Manager, Receivables/Denial Processing (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJune 3, 2016
Bostwick is a place to work hard and learn. I learned so much at Bostwick.. and learning everyday... The environment is great. The people who work here are truly dedicated to the company.
Productive and fun company
Sr. Patient Account representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 23, 2016
Bostwick Laboratories was a great company to work for. The work day was easy and fulfilling. I learned a lot about working with different insurance companies along with patients. The co--workers were like family, very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was hearing that the company was relocating to New York. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to come to work with the certainty of job security.
QA & QC Associate (Former Employee) –  Glenside, VaSeptember 29, 2015
Extremely busy medical laboratory with diverse medical procedures and specimens. Worked with a range of people from all backgrounds especially in the medical field.
A great work environment with excellent training
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of receiving specimens to run chemistry and urinalysis testing. My coworkers were very helpful and trained me well. The most enjoyable part of the job were company potlucks.
Pros
Company potlucks, Excellent training, Good pay
Bostwick
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYApril 13, 2015
I loved my job at Bostwick. Management was professional, courteous, very helpful and friendly to work. Basically I worked for the financial department in the laboratory. My daily responsibility was to post all medicare billing in data form and have them ready for patients. I was also responsible for posting and organizing all EOB's.

I learned allot at Bostwick. I was in training for two weeks, classes on all medical terminology and billing to better perform our work even though I had already taken all of those classes at Kaplan, to me learning never stops, especially if you want to better myself and be on top of your field.

The only reason I am no longer at Bostwick Laboratories was due to health problems. I was diagnosed with diabetes, had a car accident and spinal fusion surgery, all within the same year. I was required to go on medical leave. I m looking to work a little closer to home.
Pros
I truly loved working there, the people were pleasant to work with, the environment and especially their benefit packages.
Cons
The work was redundant and boring after awhile.
My Job
Facility Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Because of the support that I receive from my co-workers daily I look forward to trip to work. Everyday is a new adventure and I am always introduced to something new.
Fabulous time to learn from some of the brightest individuals
Pathology Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  VAFebruary 18, 2015
Honored to of worked with leading pathologists in the field of prostate, bladder and kidney cancer. The journey was challenging yet, rewarding. My experience allowed me to make new relationships and build upon pre existing relationships with current Urologists.
An ok place to work
FTPS -Financial Specialist-Cash posting Department (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Great co-workers enjoyed my time there. Management was kind of a disarray they played favorites to co-workers and were not good at instructing personnel.
Good company
Team Lead/Appeals and Denials (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 20, 2014
Great company which gave the opportunity for a person to 'shine' and gave individuals the opportunity to advance in areas. The down fault was the change in ownership.
great environment
Billing specialist, claims (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYOctober 22, 2014
over all i enjoyed working at this company and developed great skills:

Correcting Data entry errors.
Knowledgable of diagnosis codes.
Processing all Patients insurance and third parties.
Read denials and Explanation of Benefits.
Rebill in timely manner.
Excellent customer service representation (verbal and written) with Patients, Insurance carriers, and practices of all sorts.
Extensive experience in Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Pros
build great comaraderie with management and peers
Cons
no room for growth
Fast-paced professional workplace with room to develop and acquire a stronger skillset
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2014
Client Service Specialist
• Managed team members ensuring all daily telephone correspondence, reporting, and database records were handled efficiently and professionally
• Implemented programs and meetings designed to improve performance
• Trained new hires on the processing of prescription request procedures and the interpretation of various medical codes
• Monitored the daily tracking, recording, and reporting of team performance indicators
• Demonstrated leadership with a positive professional attitude, fostering a team concept and strong work ethic

Client Service Rep
• Liaison for assigned sales reps, providing assistance with new and existing client accounts
• Maintained knowledge base of products for assigned clients in order to meet and maximize service needs
• Established a positive working relationship with clients and coworkers to develop and maintain productive working relationships
• Reviewed client orders for supplies and refill requests for processing
• Researched and resolved client account needs and system problems to ensure accuracy
• Conveyed customer service failure complaints to team leads for investigation and follow-up
• Contacted clients daily to set schedules for expedited logistics requests
• Completed additional assignments based on quarterly goals
Pros
Excellent benefits, great work schedules, fun atmosphere
Cons
Company downsizing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bostwick Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8