Bothwell Regional Health Center Employee Reviews

Bothwell Regional Health Center Review
Dietetics Aide (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOAugust 7, 2015
Fun and very strict work place. Very supportive management team. Team work and hard work is always a must. A lot of communication with patients and nurses to make sure everyone is getting good service. Very comfortable and safe work environment.
Pros
Great staff members
Cons
Not very many work hours availible
Worked from home.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOOctober 21, 2015
Very busy and face paced place to work. I learned how to interpret many doctor's voices and put what they dictated into a proper report for patient records. I worked with a great bunch of ladies, we all got along, and helped each other when it was needed. The hardest part of the job was learning a new doctor's dictation, but like anything else, the more you do the better it becomes.
Pros
Worked at home, no dress code, support of hospital staff when needed.
Cons
Couldn't work if electricity or internet was down.
You learned something new every day
Document Imaging specialist (Medical Records) (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJuly 4, 2015
The co-workers would work together to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was not having enough people to do the jobs. Most enjoyable time was when we would have our Christmas parties and we could talk and visit with each other.Our Director was one of a kind.
Benefits
Cons
trying to get things done with less people.
Good working experience in all areas
RN (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MoOctober 20, 2014
I worked in many areas at BRHC as Lpn and Rn. This is where is started my nursing career. I worked in Pre Surgical Assessment, Pain Clinic, GI, Ambulatory Care and Urology. I floated through all clinics as needed. I also taught Conscious Sedation classes for the hospital. I worked with a great group of people here. I left this facility because I was offered and job at Western Missouri Medical Center as head nurse in GI clinic by a Nurse who used to work at BRHC and she wanted me to go to WMMC to run her GI clinic. It was a great opportunity.
Bothwell Regional Health Center: Friendly Atmosphere
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMarch 13, 2012
I had worked at Bothwell Regional Health Center and had enjoyed my daily job as an environmental Service Worker in the E.S. Dept., and I had enjoyed working for this facility, the administration and staffing treated me with great respect and were polite and courteous towards me, I really met many great people and felt this was a "clean" place to work, as in saying the facility had great moral conduct, and would of liked to have had the opportunity to advance my career into the health field, but was not able due to cuts I believed at the time, but anyway always completed my work without complaints on my performance or having any absences the whole time I had worked for this employer, then was let go before the holidays in 2011 and was told I did not meet performance standards, to this date I am still unsure of what had "really" happened for my career to be terminated, I was told I had been "framed" by another co-worker on something which I am not sure is even the case, but she had apparently had bragged and was "proud" of getting me terminated the night I was let go from this facility to another co-worker, I had spoken with this co-worker she had said this to in public, but I do not believe it was the administration that had terminated me, I feel it may had been some co-worker's jealously which had ended my career with a great employer. Overall, I loved my job here! Good place to work! Great people!
Pros
great friendly staffing, positive environment, good benefits
Cons
beware of jealously among co-workers
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MODecember 13, 2012
BRHC really is a great place to work. Even though I have the most hated job in the hospital by all of the patients, I love talking to them. You get to interact with so many different people! Management is easy to get along with and they are very accommodating. All of my co-workers are fantastic as well.
Pros
great insurance
Cons
sometimes you don't get breaks, but that's what happens when you work in a hospital!
Liked the hours I worked
HIM Clerk/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 14, 2014
Very busy office, have to deal with medical offices, providers and former patients wanting their records and usually are very upset to have to go through privacy process to get records. The hardest part of the job was dealing with office nonsense, non-concerned management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the paid time off!
Pros
Paid time off, insurance
Cons
Everything else especially pay
The clinics has a wide variety of patients of all ages, diesase processes, acute care & primary care
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJanuary 28, 2013
Saw a wide range of different type of patients in both acute care and primary care. Management was supportive of family crisis. I learned a lot of primary care diease processes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety
Pros
wide variety of patients
Cons
located in warsaw, mo, and i live in blue springs
Excellence in care
RN-ED (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 17, 2015
Although the pay is lower than some surrounding hospitals, I have not found a better and more caring group of people than in the ED at Bothwell. Coworkers and management are top notch.
Pros
teamwork, ED management who listen and support staff
Cons
sometimes no lunch but it is an emergency room so...
No room for advancement, poor management
Staff OTR (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOApril 17, 2012
At this facility I had a difficult time due to misleading interview process, little training and orientation, poor managment and a poor team approach. Expectation were not clear, there was no room for advancement and there was a high rate of employee turnover.

Want to know more about Bothwell Regional Health Center?

Ask a question
Productive and great place to work
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOSeptember 11, 2012
Management is great here. The Respiratory staff is awesome.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
bad lunches
Clinical Dietitian
Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJune 24, 2015
Great place to work. Daily, work with patients and multiple hospital disciplines in order to achieve desired outcomes for patients, staff, and hospital.
Some employees are being layed off, and right now it's sad working here.
Ward Clerk (Current) (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOApril 28, 2012
A typical day at work is steady.The patient is the reason I have a job. I organized and complete assignments. On the surgical floor communication is a must. My co-workers depend on me to keep them informed. The hardest part of my job is getting up in the morning.The most enjoyable part of my job is when we celebrate.
Great place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMay 14, 2014
Typically drew patient specimens for blood tests.

I learned how to manage a small staff.
Pros
Great vision and dental
Cons
Rules not enforced in all departments
Very rewarding
Phlebotomy Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, Missouri 65301May 19, 2014
Patient care is very rewarding to me. Helping others is a primary concern.
Hospital work
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOSeptember 9, 2013
Busy hospital with CT/MR department.
Very good co-workers.
Pros
Busy Department
Cons
wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bothwell Regional Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2