Bothwell Regional Health Center Employee Reviews

Pay is not up to date with industry
Professional Coder/Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJuly 18, 2017
Working remote was great. There was not alot of education learned so you have to really keep up your skills outside of work time and purchase on your own. The pay was not great and the hardest part of the job was that the age old caring for the employees was not there.
An office situation with a family setting.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJune 8, 2017
In my almost 20 years working for the company in Health Information Managment, I learned how to transcribe by real doctors, not the class doctors. I would get to work land open up my computer and start with my assigned jobs. Sometimes call a doctor's office for a name of a patient that was not give or understood. There were various types of reports to be done so as not to get burned out. If there was no work to do we would help the clerks in the outer office run charts, file, pull charts for surgery. We all worked together to help each other. The hardest part of the job was learning a new doctor. When a doctor came in and said we were doing a good job. When we went remote and went home, this all went away and I missed the other people in our ofice.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Driving to work on icy roads.
Dietary Departmant
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJune 6, 2017
Have nothing bad to say about this employer. Get to be trained on several different positions which breaks up monotony. The worst part of this job was working Holidays as it is a Hospital and doesn't ever close.
okay
scheduler (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMay 31, 2017
not much in pay for quality of work and not much advancement.-management doesn't listen to employees and we loose physicians a lot. too much turnover.
Fast paced but friendly environment
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMay 19, 2017
Called insurance places to collect money to make patient account balances zero. Helped callers make payments over the phone. Great food at the cafeteria. Employees were kept motivated by the activities BRHC put on.
Good learning experience
Staff RN Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOApril 5, 2017
With it being a small hospital it was good to have the time to take to really learn what they expect you as a nurse
Management is great, the director on the Med-Surg floor really works with her nurses to get what they need
mild, easy to do, fun and nice people
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 21, 2017
to be honest i cant really remember all the every day aspects of working there. I just remember it was fun working there, the people were amazing and nice, everyone knew everyone and were pretty easy going. The managers were strict nice and very professional people and always knew what was going on. Hardest part was when the ER was being flooded so it hindered me from doing my main department so i always had to play catch up. enjoyable part was every day was different and posed new challenges.Also the people you worked with and around were amazing.
Pros
reduced cafeteria costs, optional health benefits, awesome people
Cons
none at all to be honest
Pharmacy is like a revolving door for technicians.
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 13, 2017
This hospital is so full of drama! People need to take more time for the patients and less time in co-workers business. The back stabbing and adolescent behavior is unbelievable. And that includes the upper management. Would never work there or go there to be treated again!
Pros
The volunteers are wonderful.
Cons
To much gossiping and back stabbing.
Alot of drama
Floor Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJanuary 14, 2017
I loved my job at Bothwell with that being said i hated the drama of working there. The way human resources handles things I dont agree with they play favorites or who you know for example took a problem to them and was told you have to fake it to make it to work there. First off im not a fake person i tell it how it is and i feel they didn't like that becauae that just causes more problems for them and i worked night shift was only 4 people on that shift theres only one left now on that shift because they refused to listen to the 3 people telling them there was a problem. One person had been there 20 years. Enjoyed the work even through i wasnt personally helping the patient's i was helping make a difference.
Pros
Charge meal, benefits
Cons
Staff is easy to get along with
Registered Nurse-Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MODecember 18, 2016
Positive work environment; Family oriented; teamwork based department; caring staff; patient satisfaction is key; respectful staff;education courses offered
Great experience for me!
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MONovember 6, 2016
This was a great run I had while working here. I will miss it...but as like any good thing must come to an end. I did enjoy going to work. I also had a few minor challenges while working here but overall I was a happy employee. The city is small but definitely is located near the short drive to KC.
Pros
Work Life balance. Cell Phone Paid provided, Laptop also. Wages were competitive
Cons
job security was a little suspect. Hospital had a bad rep in the area
Worked from home.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOOctober 21, 2015
Very busy and face paced place to work. I learned how to interpret many doctor's voices and put what they dictated into a proper report for patient records. I worked with a great bunch of ladies, we all got along, and helped each other when it was needed. The hardest part of the job was learning a new doctor's dictation, but like anything else, the more you do the better it becomes.
Pros
Worked at home, no dress code, support of hospital staff when needed.
Cons
Couldn't work if electricity or internet was down.
Bothwell Regional Health Center Review
Dietetics Aide (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOAugust 7, 2015
Fun and very strict work place. Very supportive management team. Team work and hard work is always a must. A lot of communication with patients and nurses to make sure everyone is getting good service. Very comfortable and safe work environment.
Pros
Great staff members
Cons
Not very many work hours availible
You learned something new every day
Document Imaging specialist (Medical Records) (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJuly 4, 2015
The co-workers would work together to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was not having enough people to do the jobs. Most enjoyable time was when we would have our Christmas parties and we could talk and visit with each other.Our Director was one of a kind.
Benefits
Cons
trying to get things done with less people.
Clinical Dietitian
Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJune 24, 2015
Great place to work. Daily, work with patients and multiple hospital disciplines in order to achieve desired outcomes for patients, staff, and hospital.
Excellence in care
RN-ED (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 17, 2015
Although the pay is lower than some surrounding hospitals, I have not found a better and more caring group of people than in the ED at Bothwell. Coworkers and management are top notch.
Pros
teamwork, ED management who listen and support staff
Cons
sometimes no lunch but it is an emergency room so...
Good working experience in all areas
RN (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MoOctober 20, 2014
I worked in many areas at BRHC as Lpn and Rn. This is where is started my nursing career. I worked in Pre Surgical Assessment, Pain Clinic, GI, Ambulatory Care and Urology. I floated through all clinics as needed. I also taught Conscious Sedation classes for the hospital. I worked with a great group of people here. I left this facility because I was offered and job at Western Missouri Medical Center as head nurse in GI clinic by a Nurse who used to work at BRHC and she wanted me to go to WMMC to run her GI clinic. It was a great opportunity.
Very rewarding
Phlebotomy Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, Missouri 65301May 19, 2014
Patient care is very rewarding to me. Helping others is a primary concern.
Great place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMay 14, 2014
Typically drew patient specimens for blood tests.

I learned how to manage a small staff.
Pros
Great vision and dental
Cons
Rules not enforced in all departments
Liked the hours I worked
HIM Clerk/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 14, 2014
Very busy office, have to deal with medical offices, providers and former patients wanting their records and usually are very upset to have to go through privacy process to get records. The hardest part of the job was dealing with office nonsense, non-concerned management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the paid time off!
Pros
Paid time off, insurance
Cons
Everything else especially pay