Botsford Hospital

Botsford Hospital Employer Reviews

demanding position that requires team work
Registered Nurse, Med/Surgical Pulmonary Unit (Current Employee), Farmington Hlls, MichiganMarch 4, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: insuffcient staffing
Valuable work and educational experience that includes 12-14 ours shifts with high acuity patients.Demanding position that requires team work and positive patient outcome is the most enjoyable part of this job.
good for entry level
Team Leader - Escort and Materiel Distribution (Current Employee), farmington hills, miMarch 2, 2015
Pros: pto
Cons: not good for advancment
Good place to start and get experience. Not much room for moving up. Don't like top hire within the company - but do help pay for tuition.
Excellent Hospital to work for
Nurse Assistant / Patient Acct. Rep. (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: there really wasn't a problems from my employer problem solving was always on a professional manner.
Cons: the job was hard work at times but, i enjoyed every minute of it.
I started working at Botsford General Hospital through a temporary agency called healthcare Professionals for 1 year as a temporary worker and I was hired in as a Patient Account Representative for 3 years and from there I went on in the Hospital setting as a Nurse Assistant for 10 years.
lots of work
Client Service Representative-phlebotomist (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: not enough people trained to do everything in the dept.which put a lot on one or two people
lots of work keep you busy , loved working with patients from young to old. a typical day was drawing 20 -30 patients depending where your located.i went out to a lot of drs office when someone was on vacation or sick. did a lot of data entry and processing of samples. loved phelobotomist
Used to be a very enjoyable employee centered place to work.
Former employee of. 20 years (Former Employee), HospitalNovember 29, 2014
Pros: people you work with, patients and visitors.
Cons: management
Management and human resources are geared toward demeaning and firing employees. It used to be a great place to work but now management is clicky and downright evil toward people. I spent 20 years there and the last few years it all went down hill after the president of 40 years left.
I love Botsford
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MINovember 23, 2014
This is a great company to work for except the second floor which is the called pcu. The manager is racist and if she don't like you your job will totally be up in the air. She will find something to get you fired for. he's friends with the administrative staff so they work together.
Horrible place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MISeptember 20, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Managers are very disrespectful they show favoritism allow the ones they don't like to do all the work while others sit on there butt counting sheep,you come in when they are short every time they call you thinking they will scratch your back in return Nope they don't do you ANY FAVORS when you need them DONT WORK HERE RUN RUN RUN FOR THE HILLS SAVE YOURSELF A BIG HEADACHE this department is horrible and the pay is bad
New manager role
Manager ICU and Pulmonary Unit Manager (Former Employee), Farmington, MISeptember 11, 2014
Pros: strong relationships
Cons: growth opportunities
The smaller hospital supported a family like working environment. The manager role was a great beginner experience for me. The hardest part is that I needed more autonomy and decision making opportunities.
Very hostile environment to work in. I had a hard time working there.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: some of the people were very nice, and i made good friends.
Cons: most of the people were mean, and spiteful.
I am a very kind person, and it was hard to feel kind after the stress set in at this particular job.
Botsford is a very community orientated hospital, in the process of incorporating new ideas.
Emergency Department, RN (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 5, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: not much room for advancement
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see patients improve and go home. The hardest part of my job is when family members lose a loved one. There are no typical days when you work in a fast paced ER. Over the years I have learned that I still love nursing as much as ever and I still want to make an impact in patient lives.
NA
Customer Service Rep ER/Registrar Clerk (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMay 27, 2014
I typical day at work would consist of registering patients and collecting copays. Most of the time we are mistreated by the patients and or family members for asking for the money thats due at time of service.
Okay place to work
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIApril 28, 2014
I currently work as a Nurse Assistant, but am endeavoring to obtain my license as a Registered Nurse. I may seek employment at Botsford Hospital if there are positions available. I would rather not give information about my workplace or coworkers.
frontline staff good people
Case Manager (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIApril 11, 2014
OKAY, SOMETIMES DIFFICULTY WITH SO MANY TASKS TO FRONTLINE STAFF.
the job
Receptionist (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMarch 16, 2014
This Is a job I enjoy doing. I am doing mutiple things at one time I am answering phone calls, greeting patients, and etc. I love being a receptionist, this has been a job I have always wanted to do.
Productive and engaging environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMarch 14, 2014
Pros: great interdepartmental support
Cons: improper work ratio
You get to know everyone you work with and are able to establish repore .

Not ideal for proper/safe Respiratory Therapist to patient/vent ratio.
productive
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMarch 7, 2014
caring for my residents making sure all my residents needs are met, and they are comfortable, the hardest part of the job is when I have a patient pass away, the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my patients happy and knowing that I played a part in making them happy.
Interesting experience.
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMarch 3, 2014
Working in a hospital setting can be stressful, but working with the patients is rewarding. I think management could have been more in tune with the employees. I learned a great deal in this position and I honed my customer service skills as well. The company was accommodating when it came to my school hours.
loved my job but position unfairly eliminated
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Farmington, MISeptember 20, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, challenges with hard blood draws
Cons: management decisions at times
I love my skill and working with people. At times management was unfair but I just deal with each situation and each day as a new in every area.
I learned so much in my field and each day more and more how different people are and the baggage people carry. Very interesting.
Hardest part of my job was when people were treated unfairly and there being nothing that could be done. I love a heavy work flow so that never created an issue the many years I worked alone.
lookin for a full time job
Patient care tech/ Surgical Assistant (Current Employee), Farmington, MIAugust 7, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: no breaks at times
nice place to work not a full time job job is not hard an the people are greet
Botsford Hospital Review
Fellow of Cardiology (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJuly 6, 2013
Botsford Hospital has been a wonderful place for my training in both internal medicine and cardiology. It is a 350 bed community hospital with a multitude of teaching programs which makes it very unique. Botsford's smaller size lends itself to an environment where all specialties communicate effectively and work cohesively. In my opinion, it is the best osteopathic training program in the country. A Botsford trained physician is ready immediately upon graduating to be a confident and competent member of their field wherever they may chose to practice.