Botsford Hospital

Botsford Hospital Employer Reviews

New manager role
Manager ICU and Pulmonary Unit Manager (Former Employee), Farmington, MISeptember 11, 2014
Pros: strong relationships
Cons: growth opportunities
The smaller hospital supported a family like working environment. The manager role was a great beginner experience for me. The hardest part is that I needed more autonomy and decision making opportunities.
Very hostile environment to work in. I had a hard time working there.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: some of the people were very nice, and i made good friends.
Cons: most of the people were mean, and spiteful.
I am a very kind person, and it was hard to feel kind after the stress set in at this particular job.
Botsford is a very community orientated hospital, in the process of incorporating new ideas.
Emergency Department, RN (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 5, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: not much room for advancement
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see patients improve and go home. The hardest part of my job is when family members lose a loved one. There are no typical days when you work in a fast paced ER. Over the years I have learned that I still love nursing as much as ever and I still want to make an impact in patient lives.
NA
Customer Service Rep ER/Registrar Clerk (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMay 27, 2014
I typical day at work would consist of registering patients and collecting copays. Most of the time we are mistreated by the patients and or family members for asking for the money thats due at time of service.
Okay place to work
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIApril 28, 2014
I currently work as a Nurse Assistant, but am endeavoring to obtain my license as a Registered Nurse. I may seek employment at Botsford Hospital if there are positions available. I would rather not give information about my workplace or coworkers.
frontline staff good people
Case Manager (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIApril 11, 2014
OKAY, SOMETIMES DIFFICULTY WITH SO MANY TASKS TO FRONTLINE STAFF.
the job
Receptionist (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMarch 16, 2014
This Is a job I enjoy doing. I am doing mutiple things at one time I am answering phone calls, greeting patients, and etc. I love being a receptionist, this has been a job I have always wanted to do.
Productive and engaging environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMarch 14, 2014
Pros: great interdepartmental support
Cons: improper work ratio
You get to know everyone you work with and are able to establish repore .

Not ideal for proper/safe Respiratory Therapist to patient/vent ratio.
productive
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMarch 7, 2014
caring for my residents making sure all my residents needs are met, and they are comfortable, the hardest part of the job is when I have a patient pass away, the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my patients happy and knowing that I played a part in making them happy.
Interesting experience.
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMarch 3, 2014
Working in a hospital setting can be stressful, but working with the patients is rewarding. I think management could have been more in tune with the employees. I learned a great deal in this position and I honed my customer service skills as well. The company was accommodating when it came to my school hours.
loved my job but position unfairly eliminated
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Farmington, MISeptember 20, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, challenges with hard blood draws
Cons: management decisions at times
I love my skill and working with people. At times management was unfair but I just deal with each situation and each day as a new in every area.
I learned so much in my field and each day more and more how different people are and the baggage people carry. Very interesting.
Hardest part of my job was when people were treated unfairly and there being – more... nothing that could be done. I love a heavy work flow so that never created an issue the many years I worked alone. – less
lookin for a full time job
Patient care tech/ Surgical Assistant (Current Employee), Farmington, MIAugust 7, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: no breaks at times
nice place to work not a full time job job is not hard an the people are greet
Botsford Hospital Review
Fellow of Cardiology (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJuly 6, 2013
Botsford Hospital has been a wonderful place for my training in both internal medicine and cardiology. It is a 350 bed community hospital with a multitude of teaching programs which makes it very unique. Botsford's smaller size lends itself to an environment where all specialties communicate effectively and work cohesively. In my opinion, it is the – more... best osteopathic training program in the country. A Botsford trained physician is ready immediately upon graduating to be a confident and competent member of their field wherever they may chose to practice. – less
Excellent Cardiac Unit
Progressive Care Unit Tech (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJune 18, 2013
You're able to be one on one with your patient. This is very important to the type of care that your patients will need in order to improve their health.
Very unstable working environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Farmington, MIJune 10, 2013
Job stability is unpredictable. Lay off possible. No teaching environment. Culture sensitivity
Busy, Fast Pace, Sometimes Enjoyable
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJune 9, 2013
Pros: breaks, and more breaks
Cons: healthcare, 401k benefits, etc
Typical day is busy and fast pace, we have drops coming in from doctor's offices, reports prints off I have to sort them out to different offices and mail them out also. I learn to stay focus and don't get stressed out. Management have their favorites, co-workers are a joy that's what keeps the day going. Hardest part of the job is when it gets very – more... busy and your co-worker's do not help they slack off doing other things. The most enjoyable part of the day is when it is time to go home after a long days work. – less
Poor Management
CNA (Former Employee), Botsford CommonsApril 22, 2013
Cons: management
Botsford Continuing Care is going down. I worked there for many years. Enjoyed the residents however, Administrator and over abundance of Managers was very unprofessional. They make people work like dogs take away raises, never give raises and elimniate positions so the management can create more jobs for their friends.

May 24, 2013

If you don't fit in the click they get rid of you, the management team doesn't want to hear about being out of compliance. The person who just retired from medical records should have retired yrs ago.

Small atmosphere, great place to work and hone nursing skills
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIApril 17, 2013
A typical day at work is very busy with patient care. Since I have been at this hospital, I have been able to strengthen my nursing skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal work relationships. Management has always been approachable in any subject I have brought to their attention. The nurse aides and nurses are hard working and willing to help – more... each other out. The most challenging part of my job is having to work with the staffing cut backs. On the other hand, this challenge has given me the opportunity to become stronger with my multitasking and organizational skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my patient's smile, especially the more "challenging" ones. If I can make them smile and feel a little better about their hospital stay, than the day feels a little more successful. – less
RT dept very clicky!
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), RT DeptMarch 5, 2013
Pros: benefits, it's a job
Cons: can you say "clicks are us ?", not for the faint of heart.
RT dept has a bunch of old timers that are very unaccepting of new people and new ideas. You run like a rat if you are new because you are given the worst assignment. Burn out will find you quickly.
patient care
nursing assistant (Current Employee), Farmington, MIMarch 2, 2013
A over all day at Botsford consist of caring for sickly patients with all daily needs.