Botsford Hospital Employee Reviews

Glad to be able to retired
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 13, 2017
Retired is a blessing, the manager is trying to manage two department in one small space, during daily change over between respiratory therapists. and transportation and both are big department.
Pros
Nonething
Cons
privacy of patients information from respiratory therapist is share with transportation
Botsford Hospital was a very busy Hospital to work in.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIAugust 1, 2017
I worked in the Emergency Room and I assisted the Nurses and Doctors with various duties, filing, wiping down the beds, replacing medical supplies, talking with patients and getting them pillows and water if they asked for them. I learnd that the doctors and nurses were working under very stressful conditions in the Emergency Room. The workplace culture was very diverse. The hardest part of the job was knowing that some of the patients were in a lot of pain and some of them did not have a support system. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients.
It provided job security until I was laid off.
Lab Assistant / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 10, 2017
It gave me diversity with the different cultures. It allow me to grow and advance my knowledge in various areas. It allowed me to change and transfer to other departments.
My time at Botsford Hospital
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 7, 2017
My time while employed at Botsford was wonderful. I would send every Nurse Assistant their for all of their training. This place is a wonderful place to ground and root yourself if you plan to move forward in the medical field.
work enviorment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJune 14, 2017
Botsford Hospital is a great place to work was a small hospital but merge with Beaumont and workplace culture change. You are no longer seen as a person since Beaumont merge with them.
busy atmosphere
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIJune 1, 2017
working at botsford is interesting also busy. lots of fun and funny workers to communicate with and the results of that is there are some strick bosses and management but as long as the job gets done everyone enjoys the peaceful workplace.
Workplace culture
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIMay 3, 2017
I began as a nurse techniciam at Botsford in my last year of nursing school. Botsford assisted with my last year of tuition and welcomed me with open arms into their OB/Pediatric unit as a graduate nurse. I worked in this department for a few years learning an enormous amount about the specialty but also was struck with awe at the amount of empathy these nurses put into each day at work.
I transitioned to a Short Stay unit, which ultimately became a Progressive Care unit. I learned that I had a new passion for cardiology related illnesses. It was on this floor that I learned how to prioritize and organize my day. It was my PCU family that helped me make this accomplishment. I transitioned to CCU and was able to focus in more depth on the physiology of illnesses. I tremendously enjoyed the autonomy this position lent me. The nurses in this department where tremendous caregivers and educators, not only to family members and patients but also to me! I was at Botsford Hospital for 15 years and enjoyed the sense of pride each employee had working there. The term Community Hospital is all encompassing as it really was a community environment.
loved my coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 2, 2017
my coworkers were wonderful however the manager on the unit was not a nice woman and did not care about home life. she is the reason i left in the end
Pros
coworkers
Cons
manager
Fast-Paced
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 1, 2017
The hospital is very busy and demands a lot from working. The staff is very qualified and a great place to gain experience from work. Sometimes understaffed but otherwise a good experience.
Have not been employed there since 2008
Human Resource Manager, Community EMS (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIMarch 25, 2017
Worked for the ambulance division. CEO considered this to be a separate entity, although part of the Botsford System. It is now part of the Beaumont system ad very different from when I was there.
Nice hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 26, 2017
Very busy, fast paced hospital that just merged with two other large hospitals. Telemetry unit, fast paced and you learn a lot. People friendly and helpful.
Good
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 30, 2017
Good place to work. I enjoyed the employees that I worked with. The managers were good as well. The pay was ok it could have been better.
Wonderful
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIOctober 9, 2016
Great company to work for with great benefits. I will recommend to work for Beaumont. Friendly people co-workers. A pleasant place to work everyone smiles.
Good
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 28, 2016
Bots ford is A good hospital I like it; management team could be A little better, everything else was wonderful.
My co-workers were great, always working together to get the work done.
There was nothing hard about the job honestly.
The part I enjoyed the most were the customers I love dealing with all kinds of people.
Outstanding Hospital
Progress Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 4, 2016
Great place to work and to be treated as a patients. Staff goes out the way to make a difference and include you within your patient care. Staff is more like family instead of co workers.
Cons
health care pricey
Unfair clicky place to work
Former member (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMay 4, 2016
I was an employee of 20 here I was treated very poorly by management I was lied to by directors I was disliked for absolutely no reason maybe the color of my skin this hospital is very racist and stick with their own the pay was unfair for different cultures the benefits we're the same for everyone the employees were clicky and conniving and so was upper management this was not a good experience working for this company the last 6 years of my employment I've never seen the department ran so poorly as BRLReference Lab that department had the highest turnover rate in the hospital because of poor managers that let staff run the department do not work there keep looking.
Pros
Doctors, patients, working with MT's
Cons
Poor Management, poor pay, favortisim, no chances for advancement
Great Hospital
Medical Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 28, 2016
This was a great place to work, all employees are so friendly, and willing to educate students. Management was very willing to let me observe in many different situations.
Switchboard Operaator: Helping staff member, patients and familys
Communication Operator (Current Employee) –  8 Mile and Grand River Farmington HillsApril 2, 2016
Answering telephone helping Doctor change there pagers. Helping nurses finding out who is covering there floor.
Talking to patients who need an outside line to call family.
Talking to patients family member and direct them to either the ER, patients room, or to the nurses station.
We have the best team ever and the best manager to. Team work!
The hardest part of the job is when you get a call for a family member and they want to be transfered to the patients room and you see that there name is in red and you tell them that you are going to transfer them to the nurses station.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when we all laugh at each other for silly comments.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Cafeteria closes at 2pm. We have afternoon and midnight shifts that cant use it
Company has been taken over by another hospital
Manager of Office Operations (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 24, 2016
Company has been taken over by another hospital. Enjoyed company when I worked there. Very friendly and nice to the employees.
Encouraging workplace
Contingent Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 3, 2015
I love working at Botsford Hospital, the staff is friendly; we all work together as a team encouraging and supporting one another.