Bottom Dollar Food Employee Reviews

was a great place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ambridge, PAAugust 11, 2017
BDF was one of my favorite jobs i had, its a shame that they had to go out of buisiness. pay was good, work load was balanced, and had a family friendly work environment.
Was a great Company to work for
Front End Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAJuly 26, 2017
Bottom Dollar Food was a great place to work. The upper Management Team was there when you needed input. The weekly management schedules changed without notice.
Pros
Felt like a family atmosphere
Cons
Management schedules
enjoyed being responsible for other departments
Front End Associate,Account Analyst,Cash Office (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 13, 2017
This retail food chain is no longer in PA. Working here there were weeks that there would be many hours of work and other weeks that were minimal. I did enjoy working here because here, I learned different areas of the store (account analyst, cash office assistant). I was proud to have been trusted with other responsibilities.
Productive & fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJune 30, 2017
Bottom dollar food was an amazing experience. It was my first job, everyone was friendly and showed me the ropes. I'd work for the company again if they were still open
Didn't get enough hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 13, 2017
Wasn't a good place to work didn't get enough hours also because Iam a male I was kinda thrown to the side they wanted females mostly the pay was horrible
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Not enough hours
Great work environment
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Grays Ferry, PAApril 26, 2017
Bottom Dollar Food was a job that I learned a lot of different skills. I learned how to manage people (the most difficult task), perform manual labor and develop and train associates. I did enjoy the amount of time off I received while working there. After 3 years, I had 5 weeks off. Each day was different as I had different shifts and I worked with different managers and associates. The workplace culture was positive and engaging.
Bottom Dollar was a good place to work, manage, hire and train associates to be their best.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 1, 2017
It was very unfortunate that Delhaize decided to close that part of their organization. It was a close knit environment where we worked together and shared in each success, loss and lives.
Pros
Close knit
Cons
Area wasn't the best
Great store
Front - end assistant (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMarch 14, 2017
Great store, wonderful staff, welcoming environment, there was always room for improvement, willing to work with schedule, management very understanding and helpful
Great Company
Department/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAFebruary 1, 2017
I loved working for this company , pay was good , atmosphere was great but company sold to another company and closed. Insurance and benefits were good .
out of business
Fresh/Produce And Dry Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 11, 2017
while i worked here it was a good start up job for teen. i learned a lot about the work force and was able to begin working with my best foot forward. however this company is no longer in business. consider food lion, which was owned by the same major company
Fun place to work at
Cashier/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 5, 2017
Bottom Dollar Food was a fun filled establishment to work for. Everyday it was something new and exciting. If they were to reopen the company I would definitely return.
Pros
Meeting new people
Laid back work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OH 44509January 4, 2017
Co-workers very nice and easy to get along with. Managers were very flexible and understanding. Hardest part of the job was working in the freezer. Most enjoyable part was unloading the truck. I learned its a lot easier when you try not to do everything by yourself.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
short breaks
Place to grow
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2016
I loved working at bottom dollar food. I started off as an cashier and I moved up very quickly. The management team was very helpful with helping me to reach my career goals.
Promising Company
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMay 3, 2016
Bottom Dollar was a promising company with strong management and a positive work environment. Unfortunately after three years of employment the parent company Del Haize America decided to close the doors.
Pros
Good pay, benefits and advancement opportunities
Cons
Closed down
Productive, but the personalities did not mix well.
Front-End Cashier/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2016
It was your typical supermarket. The location added a few extra problems, but nothing major that I could not deal with.Overall I would rate the entire experience 3 stars.
Pros
Breaks
Great place to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2016
great place to work plenty of room for advancement until they closed down. Mostly everyone was candid,energetic as as friendly...
Pros
Salary and room for advancement
Cons
Company closed down...
fresh associate
Fresh Associate (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAFebruary 16, 2016
low pay, simple work, and the company went out of business, only benefit was getting severance for a month. There really is no opportunity to move up either
good experience friendly staff and management
FRESH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAFebruary 10, 2016
it was nice to have a physical job unloading the trucks and everything. since it was a small store I had the opportunity to learn how to work in all the different departments.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
not great pay and hours limited
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ambridge, PADecember 29, 2015
Great Company while it lasted, the parent company did not project it to be profitable long term and sold the banner in 2015. Great concept while it lasted
Pros
Great pay, Awesome people
Cons
Company closed
Good For bulidng customer service skills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2015
It was good for building customer service. it was a great place to work stating out I really being on the register and meeting new people everyday.