Bottom Dollar Food Employee Reviews

It's a good job
Fresh Associate (Former Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great Work Environment
Cons: Managers Smoke A LOT, High level of gossip
I enjoyed my time with Bottom Dollar Food. I found most of the work I did to be very team-oriented. Although the workplace operates on very low staffing, so a lot of cross-training was required.

My main negative is that the managers took A LOT of smoke breaks. They were out there most of the day and got mad when I joined them, even though I didn't smoke.
Company was great to work for .
Department/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New Castle, PAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Was a great enviroment to work for.
Cons: Company sold out.
Typical day at work , I was learning new things everyday to help advancement . Examples being budgets , sales % , while working with a wonderful store of eager leaning employees.
Review
Fresh Manager (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAMay 31, 2015
they are a different company to work for in the sense they expect a lot of their managers. Long days and tons of work but that is just the way the structure of the company is set up. Not great pay either.
Nice place to work at. Down to earth and enjoyable.
Front End Manager (Former Employee), East Norriton, PAMay 28, 2015
Constantly busy all day long which makes it fun and your day goes fast. Fellow associates are happy and we all work as a team well.
Great co-workers and management
Quality Assurance Associate, Part-time (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 12, 2015
I was given the freedom to work with little supervision as long as all of my duties and responsibilities were successfully completed. The fun, outgoing employees made it enjoyable.
Good place to work for young teens
Dry Stock Associate (Former Employee), Lansdowne, PAMay 5, 2015
Pros: nice people, easy to understand, organized
Cons: 10 min breaks for stock, no discounts, no healthcare, short shifts
Bottom Dollar Foods was a solid place to work. Work is not always gonna be fun, so at times the job could be very busy. The pay was not too bad and at times hours were given out a lot. Most times you will have to do more than your job title and the managers did not always have the help you required. It was not perfect but a job is a job.
Good
Cashier (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 5, 2015
Pros: 30 min brake, 3mouth raises and discounts
Properly bag customer’s purchases and carefully load their cart and assisted with vehicle loading upon request. Return basket to the front and ensured adequate supply of bagging material.
Maintain adequate level of shopping carts and baskets for customer use. Remove trash and debris from carts, baskets, and trash bins to help maintain store appearance and cleanliness. Dusted all the shelves in each alley, properly put the name of the item on the shelves with the name easy to read. Sweep the floor and mop the floor right before opening/closing. Properly put return items back on the proper shelf. Collect recyclable material. Assist customers in loading merchandise into their vehicles. Assist cashiers with packaging purchases into customer-friendly bags.
Great Place to work.
Grocery Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great work life balance.
Cons: company was sold.
I worked a 50 Hour Work week Typical for the position.
I learned a lot about the soft discount grocery model.
upper Management was cool and very helpful.
The hardest pat of my job was dealing with call outs.
the most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with and served.
Enjoyable job
Ending Position - Dairy / Frozen Manager (Former Employee), nazareth, paMarch 19, 2015
everyone went there to work and do there job and stock the shelves. the managers were friendly and it was a great team environment
So Sad they closed!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: wonderful team culture
Cons: went out of business
Wonderful company to work for; too bad they went out of business!! They are sorely missed in their communities. Would have transferred to other Delhaize stores but can't relocate at this time.
my company review .
Cashier/ Assistant front end Manager (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHMarch 15, 2015
Pros: learning experience
Cons: no health care offered to part time employees.
Fun work place, excellent co workers, productive , my day was usually busy and fast paced. I learned how to do the office work so that I would be able to move up in the company. Management was pretty fair, I would have done some things different .My co-workers were really great to work with had a very good relationship with all of them.The hardest part of the job was pushing the carts.The customers were the most enjoyable part there were a couple that I had actually gotten close to.
It was a great family owed store.
Full time Fresh Associate (Former Employee), Edgewater Park, NJMarch 13, 2015
Its was a great family owed store where the family was right in there helping in the store anyway they could. I mean they would clean the floors and bathrooms just anyone else working the front of the store. You would see them outside helping unload the trucks to helping stock to shelves. They went out of there way to make to customers and staff to feel welcomed like family..
Bottom dollar
Lead Cashier (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 11, 2015
Was one of my first jobs. I got this job at 16. From what I remember it was okay, smooth and easy job. Management was easy going and worked with me on my schedule because I was still a student.
Very proactive place to work
Front-End Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: travel reembursment
Cons: only receiving partial reembursment.
Typical day was receiving shipments and breaking them down. managing budgets and being sure the budgets are being met by store within the district and if not finding out why this is the case and offer training and tips on how to meet the budget.
Offered oppertunities to grow, but very disorganized approach
Dry Manager (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: fast promotional oppertunities for the ambitious
Cons: heavier work loads with less man power
Bottom Dollar Food took a very fun apporach on selling groceries. They tried to keep everything minimalistic, and colorful. However, on the other side of things, there was too much pressure on the leaders of the store. Too often were there too many tasks for one indivdual to handle.
was a good company to be a manager for .
Front End Manager (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: the people that i worked with made my day easier.
Cons: the labor module
Long work days, but it was worth the pay. The labor module was not very good because they did not allow for a lot of hours to be passed out but expected the work to get done. We had a great team who made it happen.
Cashier (Former Employee), Levittown, PAFebruary 12, 2015
I learned a lot working at Bottom Dollar that i can carry with me in my life. I made great friends who are now like family. I wish the store did not have to close. I miss it there very much.
It was worth it
Dry Manager District Lead Trainer (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaFebruary 10, 2015
It was a good company to work for. It was hard work but it was worth it. If you worked hard and had common sence you would be promoted
Fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lumberton, NJFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: great employers, fun atmosphere
Cons: short breaks, healthcare.
I enjoyed working here, many great employees. Loved working with the public, helping any chance I could to make a customers day better. Glad to offer great customer service.
Great work environment!
Manager (Current Employee), East Norriton, PAJanuary 28, 2015
Our customers made our day enjoyable!
We have a great store team who help each other achieve our goals.