Bottom Dollar Food Employee Reviews

Productive, but the personalities did not mix well.
Front-End Cashier/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2016
It was your typical supermarket. The location added a few extra problems, but nothing major that I could not deal with.Overall I would rate the entire experience 3 stars.
Pros
Breaks
Great place to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2016
great place to work plenty of room for advancement until they closed down. Mostly everyone was candid,energetic as as friendly...
Pros
Salary and room for advancement
Cons
Company closed down...
fresh associate
Fresh Associate (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAFebruary 16, 2016
low pay, simple work, and the company went out of business, only benefit was getting severance for a month. There really is no opportunity to move up either
good experience friendly staff and management
FRESH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAFebruary 10, 2016
it was nice to have a physical job unloading the trucks and everything. since it was a small store I had the opportunity to learn how to work in all the different departments.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
not great pay and hours limited
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ambridge, PADecember 29, 2015
Great Company while it lasted, the parent company did not project it to be profitable long term and sold the banner in 2015. Great concept while it lasted
Pros
Great pay, Awesome people
Cons
Company closed
Good For bulidng customer service skills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2015
It was good for building customer service. it was a great place to work stating out I really being on the register and meeting new people everyday.
good place to work
Customer Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  philadelphia paOctober 11, 2015
Good place to work, good coworkers as well. The pay was ok, I enjoyed the hours. Management was good. Hours were good, The job is overall good to work at.
Overall
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edgewater Park, NJSeptember 2, 2015
It was a nice place to work at. The customers enjoyed coming every day, loving the low prices on any of the products. Cool co-workers, it was a good experience.
Nice small company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAAugust 20, 2015
Learned a lot of customer service and basic training.. Good small company. Loved the products they sold.. kind of wish it was still around.
It's a good job
Fresh Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 3, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Bottom Dollar Food. I found most of the work I did to be very team-oriented. Although the workplace operates on very low staffing, so a lot of cross-training was required.

My main negative is that the managers took A LOT of smoke breaks. They were out there most of the day and got mad when I joined them, even though I didn't smoke.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Managers Smoke A LOT, High level of gossip

Want to know more about Bottom Dollar Food?

Ask a question
Company was great to work for .
Department/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAJuly 7, 2015
Typical day at work , I was learning new things everyday to help advancement . Examples being budgets , sales % , while working with a wonderful store of eager leaning employees.
Pros
Was a great enviroment to work for.
Cons
Company sold out.
Review
Fresh Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 31, 2015
they are a different company to work for in the sense they expect a lot of their managers. Long days and tons of work but that is just the way the structure of the company is set up. Not great pay either.
Nice place to work at. Down to earth and enjoyable.
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  East Norriton, PAMay 28, 2015
Constantly busy all day long which makes it fun and your day goes fast. Fellow associates are happy and we all work as a team well.
Great co-workers and management
Quality Assurance Associate, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 12, 2015
I was given the freedom to work with little supervision as long as all of my duties and responsibilities were successfully completed. The fun, outgoing employees made it enjoyable.
Good place to work for young teens
Dry Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, PAMay 5, 2015
Bottom Dollar Foods was a solid place to work. Work is not always gonna be fun, so at times the job could be very busy. The pay was not too bad and at times hours were given out a lot. Most times you will have to do more than your job title and the managers did not always have the help you required. It was not perfect but a job is a job.
Pros
nice people, easy to understand, organized
Cons
10 min breaks for stock, no discounts, no healthcare, short shifts
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 5, 2015
Properly bag customer’s purchases and carefully load their cart and assisted with vehicle loading upon request. Return basket to the front and ensured adequate supply of bagging material.
Maintain adequate level of shopping carts and baskets for customer use. Remove trash and debris from carts, baskets, and trash bins to help maintain store appearance and cleanliness. Dusted all the shelves in each alley, properly put the name of the item on the shelves with the name easy to read. Sweep the floor and mop the floor right before opening/closing. Properly put return items back on the proper shelf. Collect recyclable material. Assist customers in loading merchandise into their vehicles. Assist cashiers with packaging purchases into customer-friendly bags.
Pros
30 min brake, 3mouth raises and discounts
Great Place to work.
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2015
I worked a 50 Hour Work week Typical for the position.
I learned a lot about the soft discount grocery model.
upper Management was cool and very helpful.
The hardest pat of my job was dealing with call outs.
the most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with and served.
Pros
Great work life balance.
Cons
company was sold.
Enjoyable job
Ending Position - Dairy / Frozen Manager (Former Employee) –  nazareth, paMarch 19, 2015
everyone went there to work and do there job and stock the shelves. the managers were friendly and it was a great team environment
So Sad they closed!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 16, 2015
Wonderful company to work for; too bad they went out of business!! They are sorely missed in their communities. Would have transferred to other Delhaize stores but can't relocate at this time.
Pros
wonderful team culture
Cons
went out of business
my company review .
Cashier/ Assistant front end Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMarch 15, 2015
Fun work place, excellent co workers, productive , my day was usually busy and fast paced. I learned how to do the office work so that I would be able to move up in the company. Management was pretty fair, I would have done some things different .My co-workers were really great to work with had a very good relationship with all of them.The hardest part of the job was pushing the carts.The customers were the most enjoyable part there were a couple that I had actually gotten close to.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
no health care offered to part time employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bottom Dollar Food. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8