Bottom Dollar Employee Reviews

Great work environment with a good team work to accomplish dutys.
Receiving / Back Stock / Dairy (Former Employee), Fountain Hill, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Stocking back coolers with the dairy products on daily basis. Receiving food off the delivery trucks and breaking down pallets. Learned how to rotate products and customer service skills. Over all job was easy and i enjoyed working with my co-workers to accomplish store goals.
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee), Lansdowne, PAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: enjoyed working with a few of the employees
Cons: management was not that great
A typical day at work is with me on the cash register for the majority of the time. I was also made sure that the front end of the store was cleaned up after every rush of people that we had. There was not a hard part of the job. One thing that I have learned to stay calm and not to stress over little things .
Grocery Store
cashier (Former Employee), Bellmawr, NJJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: some managers were excellent
Cons: people who really didn't even want to work
A Typical day was, Cleaning the register and are I was in. Wait on Customers, Answers questions, Find products, Customer, service. I Learned that I am a people person and extremely outgoing. I am determined to be my best at everything I do. My co-workers were just that, My Co-workers. Of course friendly but it was all about staying focused on the Customer. There honesty was not anything really hard about this job. I Learn Quick. The most Enjoyable part of my job was always seeing the customers smile so big as they entered the store seeing me there!
meeting new people
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: beign able to talk to my management abotu any concerns that i may have.
Cons: shorts breaks.no health coverage for part time employess
A typical day at my job place is coming into work clocking in, once I have clocked in I am going straight to the safe counting the money that was in there from the pervious shift. My manager is always there when I may need assistance or any advice on how to do things differently .My co workers are always working with a smile on their faces always willing to help each other out. I can say there isn't really nothing to hard about working at my job. But I will say this I love meeting new people as well as making sure my customers leave happy at all times.
good place to work for
Dry Manager (Current Employee), Bellmawr, NJNovember 19, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and making new friends the four years working at Bottom Dollar Foods. I have learned how to do orders for dairy frozen grocery making signage price changes hanging tags store maintenance walks ringing register checking in venders setting up displays pulling dating bakery. The hardest part of the job is to keep morale up while we all know by the end of the year all Bottom Dollar Foods are closing down.
A fair work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaOctober 7, 2014
Pros: over time
Cons: no benefits
A typical work day would be greeting customers.
I learned a lot about customer service.
Management was fair.
co-workers were awesome we were a team.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to meet a customers needs.
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet a customers needs. If the customer was happy I was happy.
fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 15, 2014
good benefits. great pay. management respects you and your family. its a good job if you have a family.
Not a bad job
Stocker (Former Employee), Aliquippa, PAJuly 30, 2014
I stock dry good sometimes frozen, my co-workers are polite and the hardest part would be the heavy lifting at times. The most enjoyable part would be the customers interacting with you daily.
Great flexibility. Everything else was sub-par.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia PaJuly 12, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling.
Cons: low pay, short breaks, inconsistent managers
A typical day at consisted of me filling dairy, stocking and conditioning the aisles, going on register when lines get long and helping out various customers. A manager might tell you one thing, and then the next manager will ask why you did whatever the last one told you. It was confusing at times but I learned to just shrug it off. I learned that ultimately, your life and career path is in your hands. Take advantage when you can. The management was ok. For the first year and a half, the place was very sketchy. The store manager was a law breaking lady who consistently tried to make people quit by switching their positions. There are only a couple people there who have been there since the store opened, and the store has only been open three years. This is from top to bottom. My co-workers were ok for the most part. Some of them shouldn't have ever been hired (poor hygiene, tattoos on their faces, horrible attitude, etc.) The hardest part of the job may have been dealing with the customers poor attitudes. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be being able to be scheduled whenever and be able to take off whenever.
Keeping it Fresh
Full Time Fresh (Former Employee), McKeesport, PAMay 3, 2014
Pros: management, co-workers, environment.
You would order the inventory needed, check freshness, fill cases, check dates, and clean area. I learned management skills and department supervision. The management was fair and pleasant. They Co-Workers are great. The heavy business during Holidays. The job as a whole.
dry grocies
Stocker (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 1, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: not fun
I replenished items from the backroom to the shelf's for customer's to buy
fun
customer service (Former Employee), philadelphia paMarch 29, 2014
the job was fun! it taught me better peoples skill. I loved it and it was great for me,
hours
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee), Hamilton, NJMarch 26, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: short breaks
Need more hours other than that it is a fun place to work at. The management is cool they really work with you and customers is crazy sometimes. I learned to be patient cause people don't care
Busy
PT SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Ambridge, PAMarch 21, 2014
Very busy job. Always on your toes. I love working with customers, so that made my day a little more easier.
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAMarch 21, 2014
Just Stocking the groceries and assisting customers
management wasn't very good.
my co-workers were fun to work with.
making customers happy was the hardest part.
Busy enviroment
Front End Assistant (Former Employee), Lumberton, NJMarch 7, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: to many to list
This is a hard company to work for. Manager turn over is high. Managers are never on the same page. You're expected to be in multiple positions at the same time. The front end is always short handed. Usually just one cashier and the assistant.
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee), Lansdowne, PAFebruary 9, 2014
Cons: short breaks, no heat, easily teared shirts
a Typical day at work can be pretty busy depending on your location. Their is usually always something to be done. I learned about favoritism. Management is terrible currently, all the good managers (store mangers) left. Co-workers are good people. The hardest part of the job I would say is customers. The most enjoyable.... not sure.
productve
Cashier (Former Employee), Easton, PAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: didnt like the compnay
Cons: n/a
• Serviced, cleaned, and supplied restrooms
• Gathered and emptied trash cans
• Cleaned windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, used soapy water and other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees
cashier, stock
Cashier (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2014
I am hardworking, dedicated, committed to my work, and self motivated.
Great place to work with great boss!
Cashier (Former Employee), Edgewater Park NJJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great group of people
Cons: seasonal job
This was a great place to work! The only reason I left was it was a seasonal job.

Bottom Dollar Salaries