Bottom Dollar Employee Reviews in United States

Long hours, very little payable miles
Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 27, 2016
Office staff tried to keep drivers moving, but their hands were tied., not enough work.
Caring about staff and family orientated
Pros
Great office personnel and management
Cons
not enough miles
A decent place to work
Sales/Inventory Staff (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 14, 2016
A day at Bottom Dollar included cleaning various areas of the store
as well as handling customer questions. The management team as
well as my co-workers were ok . The most enjoyable part of the job
was helping customers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Ther were none
Great Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAMay 12, 2016
Fast paced, busy all day. Able to get to know all aspects of the store, management and co-workers great to work with. hardest part of job was unhappy customers.
hard work but love hard work
stock (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 23, 2016
go to the back find the new products and pack them on the shelves. i learned good fifo. no complaints for management and no praise. co workers were hard workers and good people. the hardest park might be dealing with soups. being able to help people who cant find items and showing off my working abilities.
Easy place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 20, 2015
Exciting work environment

Small company

Close knit coworkers

Limited advancement possibilities.

Enjoyed customers.
Pros
Small store. security gaurds
Cons
Very aggressive and temperamental workplace
Front End Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 14, 2015
Horrible management very rude to employees and customers not a good company for a goal oriented individual like myself, no training what so ever too many cons to mention. If i could give it no stars i would.
Cons
VIOLENCE AND VERBAL ABUSE
Pretty decent for a part time job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 27, 2015
This was a part time job for me & I actually liked working there. It was super fun and the manager was fun. Sad that the store closed
it was ok
QA/janitor (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, PAJuly 25, 2015
I worked there almost a full year it wasn't as great as I hoped for tho didn't get paid much and it felt more like they needed to have better control of the company if you ask me they were as professional as I would like them to be and they didn't treat the workers very well but it wasn't all bad had some good days in to
started off as a fun place to work
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Norriton, PAJuly 9, 2015
When I was hired this place was a friendly and fun place to work customers like talking to cashiers but front end supervisor told the employees not to have a conversation with the customers.
Bottom Dollar Foods
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 5, 2015
I would come Into work set up my register make sure my belt was clean. Open my line greet and welcome the customers to the market and began to tally their purchases. I learned how to communicate with many people at Bottom Dollar was my first ever experience working on a register so that was exciting to know. My co-workers were not always the friendliest but that did not change my attitude towards them. The hardest part of my job was sometimes remaining cool when some of the customers would come into the market upset and take their frustration out on the cashiers. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the looks on the customers faces when they come in the market and are able to get exactly what they came for and for an extremely low price those were the priceless moments.
Great work environment with a good team work to accomplish dutys.
Receiving / Back Stock / Dairy (Former Employee) –  Fountain Hill, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Stocking back coolers with the dairy products on daily basis. Receiving food off the delivery trucks and breaking down pallets. Learned how to rotate products and customer service skills. Over all job was easy and i enjoyed working with my co-workers to accomplish store goals.
Bottom Dollar
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, PAJanuary 17, 2015
A typical day at work is with me on the cash register for the majority of the time. I was also made sure that the front end of the store was cleaned up after every rush of people that we had. There was not a hard part of the job. One thing that I have learned to stay calm and not to stress over little things .
Pros
enjoyed working with a few of the employees
Cons
management was not that great
Grocery Store
cashier (Former Employee) –  Bellmawr, NJJanuary 11, 2015
A Typical day was, Cleaning the register and are I was in. Wait on Customers, Answers questions, Find products, Customer, service. I Learned that I am a people person and extremely outgoing. I am determined to be my best at everything I do. My co-workers were just that, My Co-workers. Of course friendly but it was all about staying focused on the Customer. There honesty was not anything really hard about this job. I Learn Quick. The most Enjoyable part of my job was always seeing the customers smile so big as they entered the store seeing me there!
Pros
some managers were excellent
Cons
people who really didn't even want to work
meeting new people
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day at my job place is coming into work clocking in, once I have clocked in I am going straight to the safe counting the money that was in there from the pervious shift. My manager is always there when I may need assistance or any advice on how to do things differently .My co workers are always working with a smile on their faces always willing to help each other out. I can say there isn't really nothing to hard about working at my job. But I will say this I love meeting new people as well as making sure my customers leave happy at all times.
Pros
beign able to talk to my management abotu any concerns that i may have.
Cons
shorts breaks.no health coverage for part time employess
good place to work for
Dry Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellmawr, NJNovember 19, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and making new friends the four years working at Bottom Dollar Foods. I have learned how to do orders for dairy frozen grocery making signage price changes hanging tags store maintenance walks ringing register checking in venders setting up displays pulling dating bakery. The hardest part of the job is to keep morale up while we all know by the end of the year all Bottom Dollar Foods are closing down.
A fair work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaOctober 7, 2014
A typical work day would be greeting customers.
I learned a lot about customer service.
Management was fair.
co-workers were awesome we were a team.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to meet a customers needs.
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet a customers needs. If the customer was happy I was happy.
Pros
over time
Cons
no benefits
fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 15, 2014
good benefits. great pay. management respects you and your family. its a good job if you have a family.
Not a bad job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAJuly 30, 2014
I stock dry good sometimes frozen, my co-workers are polite and the hardest part would be the heavy lifting at times. The most enjoyable part would be the customers interacting with you daily.
Great flexibility. Everything else was sub-par.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PaJuly 12, 2014
A typical day at consisted of me filling dairy, stocking and conditioning the aisles, going on register when lines get long and helping out various customers. A manager might tell you one thing, and then the next manager will ask why you did whatever the last one told you. It was confusing at times but I learned to just shrug it off. I learned that ultimately, your life and career path is in your hands. Take advantage when you can. The management was ok. For the first year and a half, the place was very sketchy. The store manager was a law breaking lady who consistently tried to make people quit by switching their positions. There are only a couple people there who have been there since the store opened, and the store has only been open three years. This is from top to bottom. My co-workers were ok for the most part. Some of them shouldn't have ever been hired (poor hygiene, tattoos on their faces, horrible attitude, etc.) The hardest part of the job may have been dealing with the customers poor attitudes. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be being able to be scheduled whenever and be able to take off whenever.
Pros
flexible scheduling.
Cons
low pay, short breaks, inconsistent managers
Keeping it Fresh
Full Time Fresh (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAMay 3, 2014
You would order the inventory needed, check freshness, fill cases, check dates, and clean area. I learned management skills and department supervision. The management was fair and pleasant. They Co-Workers are great. The heavy business during Holidays. The job as a whole.
Pros
management, co-workers, environment.

2.9