Bouchard Insurance Employee Reviews in United States

Truly a Great Company for those ready for a CAREER!!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  ClearwaterJuly 24, 2014
I happened upon some of the previous reviews and needed to put in my two cents. I have been with Bouchard for about a year and a half now so I have seen the true company culture. Bouchard seems more like a family than a company. The employees are genuine, care about one another, and are honestly happy to be part of this wonderful organization. The guiding principles for this company are taken seriously and are not just typical fluff on a piece of paper. Because we all work for a common goal there is no room for misunderstanding our purpose to be here "Client First." There is comfort in this because the company does not micro manage at all....we are truly trusted to do the right thing. I have worked for the "Company Side" so I saw how hundreds of other independent agencies operate. There seemed to be nothing different with these other agencies....just a different name. Anyone can boast that they strive for Customer Satisfaction, Look to save You Money, or are committed to blah blah blah. The difference at Bouchard is obvious. We look to Properly Insure you and your loved ones. We care about keeping you as a customer for life so we take the extra time to look at all your options, place the correct level of insurance on your risks, and keep you completely informed so you know what you are geting and why you need it.

Bouchard is constantly promoting people from within. The reason this is done is not because people lost their job and someone needs to fill in...on the contrary this place has strategic growth and new jobs seem to be created monthly. I hope to retire from here and
  more... I feel extremely fortunate to work for a company that pays well, DEMANDS that you have a work life balance, and that care about ME.  less
Pros
work life balance, honesty, integrity, class, & growth potential
Cons
haven't found one yet!
The truth about Bouchard
Employee (Former Employee) –  SarasotaApril 2, 2013
Bouchard hires non-industry professionals and trains them. You would think that they would have a good training program in place. Unfortunately, management is spread thin as they make operational decisions based on wants vs. feasibility. It does depend on which office you are in. But there is definitely a clique of people who are the stars and the ones who work hard and want to succeed don't get the resources they need to be successful. There is a stated open door policy with no open door. If someone questions a manager, they are blackballed and receive little to no assistance. Certain managers at Bouchard believe that you devote your life to the position. There is no work/life balance. Non-management employees of Bouchard eat, sleep, breathe, and bleed bouchard. As for the potential to make a great compensation... well, I guess it depends on what your definition of earning a living means.
Pros
they pay for licensing and certifications
Cons
not enough resources, infighting in and between offices, no strategic direction
"Best Place to Work" for a reason
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FloridaMarch 25, 2013
Bouchard consistently wins awards for being a top workplace for a reason. Management team genuinely cares about employees and communicates openly and regularly. Great company culture and excellent benefits.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers. I work with the best group of people.
Pros
benefits, culture, dedicated management team
It all depends on which office you are in.
Empolyee (Former Employee) –  KissimmeeDecember 18, 2012
The company has several offices and they are very different from each other. Poor, inexperienced manager (VP) who does not understand what leadership is and doesn't like to deal with employees. A thriving culture of entitlement with lying, back stabbing employees. If you are into cowboys, rodeos, hunting and dead animal heads on the office walls, chewing tobacco, like to talk about your colleagues behind their back, make things up and you have a negative attitude, this is the place for you. Be prepared to have your associates appear to accept you and welcome you only to find out that they are bad mouthing you to everyone else. As long as the same people are there, I don't think this will ever change.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
everything else

Want to know more about Bouchard Insurance?

Ask a question