Boulder Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Great unit
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 8, 2017
Worked in the cardiac step down unit. Great placed to work. Very little conflict among team and excellent care of patients. Team worked and played together.
Great place and great people
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 4, 2017
This is a great place to work and the people are dedicated and are willing to be a team. Would recommend this as a place of employment to any. Hard working group.
Pros
Great people
close to home
Sterile Processing Technician III, Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 22, 2017
How many CEO's do you need. Management one sided. Workplace culture one of hostility. Don't agree with management , watch out. Learned that people can be very cold in management. Most enjoyable part of job was interacting with my fellow employees.
Boulder, A unique place to work
Clinical Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 20, 2017
Started here as a nurse almost 16 years ago. Moved to IT as an analyst 7 years ago.

Love working for a community based hospital instead of a large corporation health system

my colleagues are like family. we are supportive of each other and encourage each other to reach for new heights.
Pros
longevity of staff
IT Department is a great department
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 20, 2017
I work in IT and these are a few of the things that I appreciate about the organization and the department:
• I sincerely enjoy working at BCH and supporting the organization, the community, the caregivers and our patients. Working for a non-profit, community-based organization is rewarding.
• I appreciate the opportunities to learn and grow. We are encouraged to take trainings and attend conferences. Educational accomplishments and milestones are acknowledged.
• We have an awesome IT team and culture. Really talented people that are encouraged to share and learn from one another. Mistakes happen. But, when they do, our culture is to learn from the events and work to prevent them from occurring again.
• I appreciate that our leadership is continually looking to celebrate what is going well while respectfully and holistically looking to “raise the bar” and remove obstacles that prevent our teams from succeeding.
Pros
Work/life balance, educational opportunities, great culture in IT
nice place to work, benefits and pay could improve
Dexa technologist for almost (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 16, 2017
Great place to work, however loss several employees to places that paid better. Roof top garden, community environment, nice people. Starbucks on site. Parking a problem at times.
Good first experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 9, 2017
Boulder Community Hospital was my first position in a hospital setting. The nurses were friendly and informative. The pay here was not too great, but for a first position it was good.
Very productive and busy work environment.
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 5, 2017
The Patient Financial Services office was a very busy and productive work environment. Always a team effort with excellent support from the management staff.
Pros
Excellent team effort.
Loved working there
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 5, 2017
Wonderful place to train and learn new things at all times. ICU staff was helpful and worked very well together. The excitement of the complex diseases I cared for kept the job very rewarding.
Management kept up on new procedures and information for us to learn.
When moved up to Telemetry, became charge nurse, less busy with complex patients. Stayed very busy, just a different way.
Took over some clerical work with QA, writing policies, teaching nurses, and participated in house wide commitees.
Pros
Best pay, night shift differential, medical, dental, and 401K
Cons
Distance to drive to work
Great doctors to work with, always on cutting edge-doctors
Staff ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 3, 2017
Doctors have always treated me with respect and included me as part of the team. Lots of cutting edge equipment to work with. Some of the most knowledgeable people work there.
Pros
doctors
Cons
staffing patterns
not so good
PCA (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 3, 2017
Over worked. Under appreciated. Low pay. No lunch breaks. Very clickish. Rude nurses who talk behind patients backs. Only people who are recognized are the higher ups. No room for advancement.
Boulder Community Hospital
Phlebotomist and Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 28, 2016
One of the best places to work. They have alot of respect for all their employees and management is great. I highly recommend Boulder Community Hospital.
Fun and interesting
Records Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 1, 2016
Great facility great people, fun and flexible work environment. The facility is independently owned so I believe they can focus more on the staff and patients that come in. A facility that cares about its patients and staff is important. They also have great benefits and a great environment, small but effective.
Owner of company.
Acute Care Medical Language Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 29, 2016
Medical language specialist. Transcribed medical documents for different specialties, i.e., physical therapy, orthopedics, and general medical. I was able to run the business from home, which was a nice perk.
Excellent place to work in a community that cares about patients.
Director Level Secretary (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CO 80303August 26, 2016
I learned and grew with a new department that is crucial to patient care. The hospitalist group is comprised of highly intelligent and motivated physicians.
A dedicated hospital helping patients. Good employees.
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Onocology FloorApril 7, 2016
I supported department functions and managed simultaneous demands of hospital. Arranged test, labs and screening for patients. Prioritized, multi tasked and worked independently. Ordered supplies and verified. Coordinated with the day Charge Nurse on patients arrivals and room assignments (also any special needs). The hardest part of the job was dealing with families. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing what I did made a difference in peoples lives.
Pros
A good hospital, dedicated to the needs of their patients.
Cons
Trying to satisfy everyone's needs
Great place to laugh, learn, and grow
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 11, 2016
The various clinics I worked for throughout Boulder Community Hospital has been a great experience for me to meet many people and to see how various clinics operate day to day. While there can be challenging patients at times, my co-workers and providers have are always great at giving one another positive support. The caring providers are more than willing to teach and share their knowledge with me. Daily laughter is a necessary part of my life and working at BCH, many laughs get shared all around, which helps to keep things light and camaraderie strong. The hardest part of the job for me is handling difficult patients and being able to separate how they are acting with understanding that their actions are usually reflecting pain they are feeling. On the flip side, the best part of the job was sharing laughs and stories with co-workers and lending a listening ear and loving smile to my patients.
Nice place to work
Behavioral Health Secretary (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 19, 2016
The management is great. This job has given me a different outlook on society and made me realize that even ordinary people need help and are very vunrable regardless of their lifestyle.
Pros
Trusting management
Cons
no recognition for raises, Everyone gets a trophie attitude, which I do not think is fair in any job position
more relaxed envirment
Lab assistant /Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CODecember 13, 2015
Enjoyed all my coworkers and staff in the community center,, helped maintain computer system as well as quality control
High stress enviroment
CT/DX Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 25, 2015
Not enough staff for job flow. Little management involvement. Somewhat hostile work environment.

A typical day would be scheduled patients, a lot of add on patients and many Emergency room patients.

The hardest part of my job was communication with other units and management.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help my patient through the exam and they were very grateful for the full explanation of what was going to happen