Boulder Community Hospital

Boulder Community Hospital Employer Reviews

A good first start
Orthopedic/Neurologic unit RN (Former Employee), Boulder, COJune 25, 2014
This hospital is near to my heart; they gave me my first job as an RN. This was a great place to learn and gain experience. The staff has a good team spirit and friendly nature.
Great hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 16, 2014
Great hospital to work or volunteer at. The people were very nice and helpful. Working with sick people so some days are depressing.
Not a friendly place to work
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Boulder, CoMay 2, 2014
Pros: eco friendly initiatives, some good staff
Cons: bad, incompetent, and hostile management all over.
I had the worst experience of my professional life working at this hospital! Stay away from this place if you respect rules and regulations!!!
Very busy workplace but friendly atmosphere.
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 27, 2014
Very customer service orientated. Used a lot of experience and skills.
Co-workers are pleasant, plenty of food to eat
Staff Support - clerical (Former Employee), Boulder COMarch 7, 2014
Pros: many tasks, pleasant people, close to bus
Cons: short lunch breaks, over-emphasis on the budget
Many tasks to handle in one day. Crowded work environment. Low level technology. Training is needed on quality and consistent management practices. More thank you's are needed from managers to the regular people.
Too many politics and not enough caring for the people that work there
Laboratory Customer Service Center Representative (Former Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 14, 2014
I would not work there again because of the management of the organization. I truly enjoyed the people I worked with but the managers and upper management did not care about us lowly workers.
Fast paced, caring and supportive environment.
Urgent Care Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Lafayette, COJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: taking care of patients.
Cons: sitting at a computer all day.
For 2 1/2 years I worked in Urgent Care, we registered patients in need of medical care. I loved welcoming and taking care of patients, whether they were ill or injured in an accident.

The management and staff were very supportive from the doctors, nurses to the clerical staff. Everyone was treated like family.

I had prior experience in medical coding – more... and billing and I was able to assist in the billing office, entering charges and codes. Challenging and an opportunity to work with clinical staff in order to assure the proper procedures were billed correctly.

I obtained my coding certification during this time and transferred to the hospital coding office for six months. It was fun reviewing medical records to properly code medical procedures. Unfortunately there was no interaction with patients, and sitting in front of the computer all day proved difficult for me. I decided to look for other opportunities which would enable me to use my people skills. – less
enjoyable, friendly environment
Nurse Manager (Current Employee), Boulder, CODecember 12, 2013
Pros: management, job security
Cons: overtime is extensive
Busy, HecticEducation or Formal Training
Bachelor’s degree in mental health or related field preferred
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.)
BLS certification required by the end of conditional period.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
Ability to work in a demanding and rapid changing environment
Experience
One-year experience in an inpatient – more... and/or outpatient psychiatric facility preferred – less
Externship
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Boulder, COOctober 25, 2013
Pros: angry people
Cons: helping others
Assisted the lab with blood draws (venipuncture, butterfly, straight needle, capillary) and lab tests on specimens. Faxed prescriptions. Assisted in front office duties and called back patients with their test results. Collected vital signs from patients. Completed surgical tray setup and autoclaving.
Dont do it!
Lab Assistant II (Former Employee), Boulder, COOctober 3, 2013
Pros: co workers
Cons: everything
Save your sanity dont work here! Horrible management who cate less about there employees! Dont believe me? Just work here!
Fun, interesting, silly environment
Radiologic Technologist / Externship (Former Employee), Boulder, COOctober 2, 2013
Pros: very dynamic and lovable ct department staff, excellent team work most of the time, descent cafeteria food
Cons: too much inappropriate touching for a professional environment
Although this site was slow, it had some interesting elements. The staff were extremely varied from the very unfriendly to very friendly.
I would suggest that one would pick and chose who they worked with accordingly. Most of the staff I worked with were very curious and liked to do research on many topics not just medically related. I learned some – more... interesting and weird things at this site. I liked the majority of the staff, but overall, the radiology department was too touchy-feely for me; personal boundaries need to be set. – less
Excellent company with very qualified personnel.
Staff RN Worked in ICU (Former Employee), Boulder, ColoradoAugust 29, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: subject to lay-offs due to competitive environment.
Small commumity hospital with excellent physicians and staff. All the departments were interdependant and cordial. There was never a time I could not rely on help if needed.
Non-profit organization
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Boulder, COAugust 21, 2013
Pros: shift flexibility
Cons: job security and seniority
It is a nice community hospital that provides service to Boulder County always trying to make advancement to better the institution.
Very busy sports medicine facility with a great staff
Sports Admin Representative (Former Employee), Boulder, ColoradoJuly 29, 2013
I enjoyed this position. It provided variety and I enjoyed interfacing with our clients.
Comfortable and professional working environment
Secretary (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 27, 2013
Enjoyed working with everybody in the department. Working there was a positive and effective learning experience.
Boulder Community Hospital
Full-time Staff R.N (Former Employee), Boulder, COApril 10, 2013
Cons: plenty
There is a certain culture that pervades which dictates that : you are either in the "in group" versus the "out group". The "in group" are those who fit into the classification of - long term employees (regular staff). A very closed-knit organization that hires more travel nurses in a years time than any other hospital I know of. Very cold place to – more... work. – less

January 14, 2014

I can confirm and agree with this author. I feel sorry for unknowing patients who go there. Please believe when I say, "this opinion is spot on." I was also a full-time employee. In all aspects from medical to nursing practices - this place is bad! If there was an outside agency that could review the practices of this organization; they really would make the Front Page news ! But, this is Liberal Boulder. DO NOT WORK THERE ! unless your really...really...really need a job and money. Even, then...don't do it.

co workers great
FULL TIME Phlebotomist/lab tech (Former Employee), lafayette,coFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: meetings on your day off mandatory
better pay would keep employees- pier diem pay is great full time is a cut unfortunately.
The IT department has serious problems.
IT staff member (Current Employee), Broadway IT departmentFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: it management lacks empathy. pay is lower than elsewhere.
I love my job and I love the people out in the hospital that I provide services for. The general staff here is kind and appreciative. The IT division is something entirely different and I believe it stems from management. The VP has a "my way or the highway" attitude and is apt to issue threats regarding your employment if you disagree with her. This – more... attitude has trickled down to the lower level management. There is a pervasive fear of retribution that keeps staff from speaking up to suggest improvements. The turnover rate has been increasing and there is no apparent advocacy of the staff. There is no sign of the situation improving. The staff is afraid and trying to fly under the radar. – less
Disrespectful and Arrogant
IT (Current Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: the lunch is semi cheap in the cafeteria
Cons: management does not listen to employees, you are just numbers to them as they don't care about you at all, other employees have a "know it all" attitude as well and are scared of sharing any information
The company culture here is lacking. If you want to grow in your career at least in the IT field then this is not the place. You will learn nothing because they trust you with nothing. It is yes men all the way up the management chain.
BCH
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Boulder, CODecember 30, 2012
Pros: flexible scheduling and excellent vacation time
Cons: basic health insurance and pay increases do not keep up with inflation
I have been working for BCH for almost 10 years. The medical plan they offer is expensive and impractical for their employees. The culture is embracing but there is not much room for advancement. Management listens to their employees but their expectation is that your job comes before balance. This is my personal experience in the laboratory over the – more... past 10 years. – less