Bowen Center Employee Reviews in United States

Good Place to Start
Rehabilitation Service Provider (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 30, 2015
This can be a great company to work for, however it depends very heavily on what office you're in, who is in management and what position you hold within the company. I have learned a lot in my time with this company, but find great difficulty in working so many inconsistent hours and trying to manage other non work commitments.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Difficult to balance home and work life.
Poor Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 25, 2016
There is no appreciation for the workers. There is poor management. It is an extremely stressful place to work in. I did not receive any good skill from working here.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
brings down your mental state
Great staff, very poor supervision and follow through. Lack of training and support from management.
Rehabilitative Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Angola and Lagrange officesNovember 10, 2014
Supervision is lacking and provides no support for rehabilitation staff. Favoritism is evident and training for staff working in community is non existent. Expectations exceed training provided.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
lack of professional support, services are dependent on self-centered director and management decisions.
Bad employment
Rsp (Former Employee) –  Fort wayneFebruary 27, 2015
I worked for this company and feel they are not helpful providers. This is a give and take industry where they have little resources and lots of opinions. This company offers little professional value to your resume and as a previous staff member, the benefits do not outweight the costs. Seek counseling elsewhere.
Team oriented work place.
Child and Adolescent Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, IndianaNovember 16, 2014
I was a case manager for Bowen Center. I was expected to have a pager so that clients and their families could get into contact with me 24 hours a day. I would link kids and their families to various services in the community that would meet their needs. I provided transportation should they need that assistance. I developed and implemented an Independent Living Program for the adolescents and helped with the Summer Youth Program held when the students were out of school.
The hardest part of my job was being on call 24 hours of the day and the lack of supervision.
The most enjoyable part of my day was being with the kids and their families.
Pros
being able to be a part of the summer youth program
Cons
being on call 24 hours a day.
Enjoy working with people and assisting to live a better life
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 13, 2014
A typical day is a good day when meeting with clients unless clients are not available to be seen. Management can be worked on as far as professionalism and communication. Co-workers are nice and helpful when around. The hardest part is feeling unappreciated when doing a job well done. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.
Pros
flexiblility
Cons
communication
Not whom they said they were
Behavior Health Technican (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 2, 2015
I would not recommend this place of work if this is your first job on the field of psychology or any behavior health profession. I say that because you are not completely trained for the job that you are hired for. When you ask for him they just tell you to talk to someone else about it and if they aren't help to figure it out.
Cons
not giving enough clients to make hours
Room for advancement; Disorganized Structure
Rehabilitation Services Provider III (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INDecember 5, 2013
Day to day work is spent with clients and families. Service hour expectation for the week is 26 hours of face to face time with clients. Service providers work to assist families and clients in identifying/utilizing social resources as well as rehabilitation skills.

I learned to manage a busy work flow schedule and evolve to a constantly changing work environment.

Hardest part of the job will be meeting constantly shifting expectations, deadlines, and requirements. The Otis R. Bowen Center has a very strict and unforgiving disciplinary system. Coupled with high expectations and low pay, it has a very high burn out/turn over rate.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing one of your clients succeed in treatment and graduate from services.
Pros
caring employees and flexible hours
Cons
high expectations, limited pay, strict disciplinary system
Bowen Center was organized, dedicated to their employees, provided ongoing training, and there was always room to move up
casemanager/housemanager (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 7, 2012
I enjoyed working wih the clients at Bowen Center, they were often needy people and I needed to learn to distance myself from their personal lives or they would be calling at all hours of the day and night. I had to spell out to each and every client what they could call me for and what they should never call me for. The hardest part of the job for me was when one of the clients would slip up on taking meds or would have personal issues and I would have to take them to the psych unit, often against their will.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
having the authority to tell a client they needed to go to the psych unit
Human Services
Rehabilitation Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 1, 2014
The work atmosphere is connected within individuals fresh out of college as well as others that have been a part of the Organization for their last 20 years of their career. I have been able to learn the ins and outs of Medicaid as well as gain knowledge from personal experiences within the field for home base and outpatient.
People who pretend to care but don't.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Plymouth IndianaFebruary 18, 2015
As long as you are one of their favorites you will love to work here. If not one of their favorite then you are not included in anything.
A lot of disloyalty!!!!!!!
Pros
love the residents!!!!!!
Cons
no pay, don't appreciate anything!!
Everyone showed sincere interest in helping the clients we served.
Rehabilitation Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Albion, INFebruary 11, 2015
We assisted clients to learn how to cope with a variety of mental illnesses. We assisted with supervised visitations that were court ordered.
Excellent staff except for management.
Health Information Management Speclialist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 7, 2012
Clinicians are great to work with. Enjoyed helping them with sending out reports, getting information about a client that they needed. Enjoyed helping clients with releasing information.
Pros
nice breakroom, free coffee
Cons
no breaks ecept for lunch, favoritism
Flexible, fun, work environment
Rehabilitation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albion, INNovember 26, 2012
Overall, a good place to work. Some issues with training and management communication.
very productive place to work
Accounts Receivable Cash flow clerk (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 24, 2014
a typical day at Bowen is processing payments in a timely manner, the co-workers are great to work with and very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the work accomplished on time.
busy workplace
Behavioral Healthcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 17, 2014
A typical day at work included directing patient care with goal setting, daily activities, medical appointments, and education on mental disease
Overall very moral company
RSP (Current Employee) –  Wabash, INApril 11, 2012
The Bowen Center is full of good hearted people who want the best for out clients.
Pros
co-workers and clients
Cons
low pay

2.9