Bowen Center Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Rehabilitation Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 5, 2017
Love the job, my coworkers, the environment. Really an awesome place to learn and work at. Going to trainings is always encouraged so you are constantly learning new things.
Company trashes employees.
Rehab Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INMay 17, 2017
I worked for Bowen and was fired over hear say. They never investigated and let me go. The tried to fight me in an unemployment case to which they lost. Judge ruled in my favor stating that Bowen had no just reason to fire me. During the conference with the judge, Bowen attempted to trash me and make me look horrible which back fired on them.
Pros
Good insurance, good clients
Cons
Horrible supervisors
Good co-workers, poor pay.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INApril 14, 2017
A lot of good people work here, but the pay was below average. There is room for advancement and many different positions within the company. Good starter job in social work.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor pay
Run run run as fast as you can!!!
Rsp (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INApril 10, 2017
One of the worst places I have worked at in my career. Management has favorite's and don't care about anyone but themselves. I would give them 0 stars if I could.
RN (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INApril 7, 2017
People were very nice to work with. Some days were more challenging than others. Hardest part of the job was dealing with patients who would yell at you when they wouldn't get their way. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with doctors who genuinely cared.
Horrible place to work.
RSP (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, IN 46580April 3, 2017
I worked double shifts and part of the time by myself. Direct boss didn't help employees. Management on up changed rules, didn't answer questions, didn't provide support. No care for personal health. Told conflicting ways to do things by different people above me and then got wrote up without notice. Asked for help on various occasions but didn't receive it.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management, avoiding questions, changing rules, etc....
Very poor supervison by upper management.
Rehab Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 26, 2017
This is a great job to work with people and be apart of the change in the world. However behind the level of belittling and over consequences a person suffers feels like inflicted mental health illnesses in which causes a person to choose to leave to protect their well being. I have never been so stressed out about things that was being asked of me with such disorganization and lack of appreciation. They should offer shift differential for RSP's who have to work both first and second shift hours since it is expected to work those hours.
Pros
Get paid every week, co workers are supportive, nice computer to do job.
Cons
Productivity, caseload switching, over stressed environment
Bad employer
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INJanuary 29, 2017
No appreciation for employees. accountable for managerial incompetence. There is poor management. It is an extremely stressful place to work in. Very disorganized company besides training.
A productive and friendly work culture which provided ample opprotunities for me to learn extend my career skills.
IT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 21, 2016
- Amazing co-workers who were eager to help me learn and grow as an IT professional.

- I was provided with resources and technologies that developed my knowledge of my career.

- Excellent management whom were always willing to work with me if I ran into difficultly in understanding the task I was presented with.

- The traveling required for the job was sometimes difficult in the winter, but rewarding nonetheless.

- I was presented with challenging tasks that I was able to overcome with the help of my co-workers.

- The best aspect of the job was that it was a pleasure to go to every day. The company as a whole is fantastic, and I enjoyed working and learning with all of my co-workers.
Pros
Group lunch with my co-workers every Thursday
Poor Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 25, 2016
There is no appreciation for the workers. There is poor management. It is an extremely stressful place to work in. I did not receive any good skill from working here.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
brings down your mental state
Setup for failure
BHSP (Former Employee) –  INAugust 20, 2015
Employees are expected to reach productivity and are held accountable for managerial incompetence. I witnessed repeated employees fail due to not having a sufficient caseload assigned. colleagues took pay cuts due to poor planning on the part of supervisors.
Pros
Witnessing people heal
Cons
Toxic management
Good Place to Start
Rehabilitation Service Provider (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 30, 2015
This can be a great company to work for, however it depends very heavily on what office you're in, who is in management and what position you hold within the company. I have learned a lot in my time with this company, but find great difficulty in working so many inconsistent hours and trying to manage other non work commitments.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Difficult to balance home and work life.
Not whom they said they were
Behavior Health Technican (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 2, 2015
I would not recommend this place of work if this is your first job on the field of psychology or any behavior health profession. I say that because you are not completely trained for the job that you are hired for. When you ask for him they just tell you to talk to someone else about it and if they aren't help to figure it out.
Cons
not giving enough clients to make hours
Bad employment
Rsp (Former Employee) –  Fort wayneFebruary 27, 2015
I worked for this company and feel they are not helpful providers. This is a give and take industry where they have little resources and lots of opinions. This company offers little professional value to your resume and as a previous staff member, the benefits do not outweight the costs. Seek counseling elsewhere.
People who pretend to care but don't.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Plymouth IndianaFebruary 18, 2015
As long as you are one of their favorites you will love to work here. If not one of their favorite then you are not included in anything.
A lot of disloyalty!!!!!!!
Pros
Love the residents!!!!!!
Cons
No pay, don't appreciate anything!!
Everyone showed sincere interest in helping the clients we served.
Rehabilitation Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Albion, INFebruary 11, 2015
We assisted clients to learn how to cope with a variety of mental illnesses. We assisted with supervised visitations that were court ordered.
Team oriented work place.
Child and Adolescent Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, IndianaNovember 16, 2014
I was a case manager for Bowen Center. I was expected to have a pager so that clients and their families could get into contact with me 24 hours a day. I would link kids and their families to various services in the community that would meet their needs. I provided transportation should they need that assistance. I developed and implemented an Independent Living Program for the adolescents and helped with the Summer Youth Program held when the students were out of school.
The hardest part of my job was being on call 24 hours of the day and the lack of supervision.
The most enjoyable part of my day was being with the kids and their families.
Pros
Being able to be a part of the Summer Youth Program
Cons
Being on call 24 hours a day.
Enjoy working with people and assisting to live a better life
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 13, 2014
A typical day is a good day when meeting with clients unless clients are not available to be seen. Management can be worked on as far as professionalism and communication. Co-workers are nice and helpful when around. The hardest part is feeling unappreciated when doing a job well done. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.
Pros
Flexiblility
Cons
Communication
Great staff, very poor supervision and follow through. Lack of training and support from management.
Rehabilitative Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Angola and Lagrange officesNovember 10, 2014
Supervision is lacking and provides no support for rehabilitation staff. Favoritism is evident and training for staff working in community is non existent. Expectations exceed training provided.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Lack of professional support, services are dependent on self-centered director and management decisions.
Human Services
Rehabilitation Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 1, 2014
The work atmosphere is connected within individuals fresh out of college as well as others that have been a part of the Organization for their last 20 years of their career. I have been able to learn the ins and outs of Medicaid as well as gain knowledge from personal experiences within the field for home base and outpatient.