Bowers Ambulance Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at
Emergency Medical Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 10, 2016
Gained extensive Dispatch experience. Loved that is was very busy.. Great schedules. Co-workers became family.. Its unfortunate that when AMR took over they closed the Long Beach station
Pros
dispatchers became family
Cons
very busy..
Friendly work environment that allows you to openly ask questions and learn more.
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJuly 24, 2016
This is an IFT company. Sometimes we respond to 911 calls. And the occasional still alarms.
I work mostly night shifts so I don't see much of management. There is a supervisor that stays over the night shifts.
Learned a lot about the different EMS levels, and some interesting skills from them.
Coworkers are very friendly.
Hardest part of the job would be (for me) knowing your way around the freeways and streets, but thankfully we have maps and gps for that, and being with a partner is always helpful.
Most enjoyable part of the job is that even if you go through a tough call, you have your partner and others at the station who can definately relate.
Pros
Using your skills to help others.
Great place to learn
OPERATIONS MANAGER/ COMMUNICATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 5, 2015
I worked with some of the best seasoned managers in the business. My direct supervisor was a great teacher and motivator that always lead by example.
Pros
Family orientated
Cons
A lot of hours
I was able to manage a team of co-workers dedicated saving the lives.
FACILITY RELATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2015
I worked for a company dedicated to saving the lives of those who needed it. The employees were individuals who loved what they did and worked extremely hard to be in the positions they held. I enjoyed having the flexibility to improve the overall operation. Great management.
Pros
Management, Salary, and Benefits
Cons
Time away from family in order for the company to operate as smoothly as possible.
Fun entry level
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 27, 2015
Transported patients between healthcare facilities while providing basic medical aid during transport when needed. Worked with a partner, that allowed me to build a bond and learned to work as a team member.
Pros
Environment changed daily
Cons
Hours and pay
Good place for first Ambulance job
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CASeptember 26, 2014
Provided on scene patient assessment and basic life support such as airway management, ventilation, and CPR and AED application
Provided pre-hospital care such as bleeding control, shock treatment and management, wound bandage, and broken bone immobilization
Maintained ambulance by stocking supplies, washing rig, and performing daily checks in and out of ambulance
Connect and communicate with dispatch
Cons
No breaks ever, only medical transport very rare 911 calls
Miserable work environment
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 4, 2014
Management has no respect for the employees and treats each individual as they are just a number. Regularly did not have required county equipment, when equipment was absent it was constantly struggle to get management to assist you. very little support from field sups especially the paramedic coordinator.
Stepping stone to a career
EMT-Basic (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 9, 2013
There is a lot of opportunity within this company for education and networking. The schedule is a bit confusing to work around but other than that, very reputable.
It's been bought out so things might change.
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 28, 2012
This place was just bought out so things might be changing. I have nothing positive to say.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bowers Ambulance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8