Bowery Residents' Committee Employee Reviews

Expect a lot out of management
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2016
The work BRC does it great, however as a manager, you are expected to be available at all time (on-call) and working even when you are not at work. The benefits are great, however, sometimes you get slack for trying to take the time off.
Lack of communication and defined roles
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2015
Management lacks the ability to effectively communicate with staff.
Direction in assignments is lacking due to managers not knowing how to completely explain what is required in a task/assignment. If the assignment is not done correctly, the manager will blame the employee that they did not completely explain the assignment to.

Employees have not received a raise in over 3 years and there is no room for professional or personal growth.

BRC does not pay for overtime; instead they promote the usage of comp time, however, it is at your managers discretion, which more often than not, will be an issue if you take your comp time
Pros
N/A
Cons
Lack of information, direction and communication
Overall it is a great entry level job to gain knoweledge and training.
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2016
A typical day at work could include crisis intervention, but it mainly consists of assisting clients to manage their day to day lives. The overall goal is to help the clients become self sufficient as members of a productive society. I have learned a great deal, patience, compassion, and to appreciate the things I as an individual take for granted within my own life.
Pros
The ability to schedule time off to fit my school schedule.
Cons
Having to attend mandatory trainings.
Productive place too work at, also along side the Superviser
Building Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2016
Productive work environment while i work there during my internship. Would have been a nice place to work if i could have been hired, due too no open position i wasn't hired after my internship.
Pros
waiting for open position to come available
Cons
Don't know how long an open position will come available
Internship Maintence
Building Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 8, 2015
The experience with in itself was good, definitely an eye opening experience. The only thing is that the they deal with people from all walks of life but to me its showed me to appreciate the things in life
Pros
Experience well rounded
Cons
Job Security as a intern
Co-workers and management are reliable in completing their job duties.
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  139 Avenue D. New York, NY 10009September 9, 2014
I am a punctual person who enjoy helping a company achieve their goals. I am a team player and love helping a company to grow in revenue. I have a 98% rate of self sufficiency. I get along very well with co-workers and management. I always complete all of my job duties. The hardest part of a job to me was working in a unclean environment.
Program Aide
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2013
Provide administrative support to clinical team as needed.
Monitor and report on client interactions. Responsible for making appropriate log book entries, assisting clients, serving food, emergency response and crisis intervention. Responsible for greeting visitors to the facility in a professional manner.Provide emergency first aid/CPR assistance when needed. Related duties as assigned. It was a great experience.
Good
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2012
I gained work experience in vocational counseling and substance abuse counseling. The organization had an internship program that helped our clients gain a work like experience that they could add to their resumes.
Pros
excellent clinical team.
Cons
staff had to share office space.
Laid back and productive workplace.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2012
Decent agency to work for. Opportunity to learn and to work with many different interesting individuals and clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bowery Residents' Committee. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8