BOWERY RESIDENTS COMMITTEE Employee Reviews

productive
Independent Living Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
There is growth within the company. Within a year I was promoted from a community technician to an Independent living specialist. The managers here work with the staff and you really feel like part of a team.
Good place to work for
Maintenance worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2017
good company as far as social services go. chance for advancement, most of the staff are pleasant but like all companies you get your good people and your bad people. overall its worth working here.
Good company
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
BRC is a pretty good company with competitive salaries. Unfortunately the management is often a hit or miss depending on the program, but there is room for advancement.
Pay was horrible
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2017
Definitely was taken advantage of as far as a first time employed person straight out of college. worked graveyard overnight shift and was not paid night time differential.
Pros
hard to think of
Cons
The pay was horrible when I was employed there was no night time differential nor any overtime pay
It is a fun place to work.
Clinical Supervisor BRC (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2017
BRC is a wonderful company to work for. Workers are well paid in comparison to other NYC Social Service Agencies.
Presently I seek a Career change.
Pros
Client entered, worker friendly
Cons
I seek a Career Change
Rewarding
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2017
Difficult but regarding place to work. I enjoyed the hands on approach when i first dtarted. And everone was ready to assist.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Communication.
Its fun to work here
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2016
Its wery great company to work
Goed co-workers
I have learn a lot for the period of time I been here
So much fun
So much learning about the people
An so an and so an
Pros
Free coffe
Cons
Healthcare
Work Life Balance at BRC
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2016
If you are committed to nothing else but the job this is the place for you.

Program Aide is the first response team role for most who start at BRC its a grueling getting to know the clients and business of homelessness. Its often and overlooked position of necessary evils, we clean, we are security, we are first aid and cpr, we are call ems, we are feed them, we are scan them, we are count them, we are monitor them. Its not a job for the lazy.
Pros
Great Work Experience
Cons
No Life Work Balance, as a program aide you are always at work and double shifts are mandatory
Hightly Reputable Agency.
Palace Employment Residence/Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  317 Bowery New York NY 10003October 16, 2016
Very Client centered organization. Works to assist in the rebuilding of lives. Provides staff with great opportunities for growth and promotes higher education.
Wide arrange of culture balance that allows the work with the population we serve to be done more efficiently
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  65 Broadway, New York, NY 10006August 17, 2016
The Bowery Residents Committee has allowed me to further enhance my skills with the homeless and Social service population through various classroom setting and hands on trainings. This is a work environment that allows you to explore and lend your knowledge or trainings to the various teams and programs here.
Pros
Room For Advancement
It was a 90 day internship
Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2016
This was a 90 day internship, it was an internship that I accepted in order to become a part of their program. I was able to learn the working culture of BRC
Great Work Environment
Clinical Outreach Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2016
I love working for this company. I have learn so much from being here. The work environment is great and there is always room for you to grown here.
Career Growth
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYMarch 29, 2016
Company is optimal for those looking for stable company to provide career growth. Company offers current staff to move up by hiring from within. Provides opportunities for educational training.
Productive and organized place, tenants are great to work around
Custodial Maintenance (Intern) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2015
made it to work 30 minutes before work schedule Mon - Fri. My supervisor and my supervisor boss were great to work for. Tenants have great hospitality, welcoming me to the work site. I gain more experience in the building maintenance field.
Review
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York , NYOctober 13, 2015
My work day is always productive.There is never a dull moment. Would recommend working here for anyone who is looking to learn various forms of working within the mental health population.
Work/Life
Microsoft Windows Consultant (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2015
Excellent culture to help those that need to help, great work/life structure. Managers take into consideration what you think and what you say about your position.
Pros
Excellent .org to work
Cons
Dealing with the unecessary hassless that come with territory
Its Ok
Maintenance Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2015
Its an internship, im looking for something full time, a typical day is cleaning bath rooms refilling garbage cans, supervisers is never there u have to deal with crazy people who live there and the co workers where very shady.
Great atmosphere and co-workers
Porter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2015
I did a 200 hour unpaid internship at the Bowery Residents Committee, I enjoyed my work there as well as the residents at the senior citizen home and my fellow co-workers.
Pros
I got to meet great people and make great friends.
Cons
The building was pretty beat up, so no matter how much or how good you cleaned it, the building still looked a little dirty.
Great work adviorment
Food Service Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Cleaning kichen
prepping food
cooking food
helpped out coworkers
productive in work and manage communication with my co-workers
Maintenance Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2014
working at this field in brc have been an experience for me but able to have little communication with residents in brc and co-workers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
more work