Bowhead Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Electronics Technician (ETM1) (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny Army Depot, PAFebruary 15, 2017
Was a nice place to work, but they came in under a contract that they were not prepared for. Minus that, they still did their best to help the employees.
Network/System Administrator/Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VADecember 28, 2016
Bowhead is a great DoD contractor and they do try to take care of each employee. Much like all contractors in this business when your skillset jumps, to get the compensation to match it's usually a job/company change. Bowhead treats their employees fairly and is a company on the rise..
Good
MRAP INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 1, 2016
Good company to build up work ethics for morale, interacting with different character, looking forward to get a chance to work for them again in the future.
Good Management
Security Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDJuly 7, 2016
Nice people to work for. Very open and positive management team.
Co-workers were good to work with. Management team came to visit often.
Pros
Local Management team is a plus, Bonus for good work ethic.
Cons
No raises for good performance (as a contractor)
Interesting place to work
Concur Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 11, 2016
Friendly environment place to work and enhance your knowledge . I gathered a lot of experience from Bowhead and learned the value of interactions between different societies.
Avoid headquarters like the plague
Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 1, 2016
Bowhead may be a great place to work if you work at one of the contract locations. Working at headquarters in Alexandria, VA, is a different story. The CEO, formerly the office manager in Lexington Park, who is for some reason adored by the shareholders in Barrow, micromanages everything, is quick to cast blame when something goes wrong, plays favorites, and is generally vindictive.
Pros
Hard to think of any
Cons
Very negative culture at corporate headquarters
Exciting, good pay, great environment
Production Control Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 1, 2016
I love learning something new every day.. great environment to work in. No worries about work there's plenty. Everyone has a good attitude
Great work force team, give them a thumbs up.
Instructor / Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 12, 2016
.typical work day is steady work i learned soldering management is nice coworkers r great nothing hard about my job just time consuming and i enjoy my work
Pros
travel
Cons
ended to fast
bowhead
Prepper (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 11, 2016
good company to work for. works with you on problems you may have. will work to keep you having a job. co workers are great team of people
Great bunch of people to work for...
PART-TIME-ON-CALL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dahlgren, VANovember 5, 2015
Great work force team, give them a thumbs up.
Learned that I didn't like being Part-time-on-call
and thought hourly rate should had been higher.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
bowhead
Electronics Technician I (Current Employee) –  United, PAApril 9, 2015
Good lunches and communication
MRAP Instructor (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TexasMarch 14, 2015
I began working for this company shortly after I retired from the military. Throughout my time with this company I was able to learn so much valuable information. The company was very good to their employees. I enjoyed the experience and training they offered. This job gave me the opportunity to travel.
Pros
Perdiem was good.
Cons
No Healthcare.
Excellent Start
Systems/Network Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 17, 2014
This is one of my first jobs, and I feel that it is one of the best IT companies to work for. The people are so helpful and we all work as a team to accomplish tasks. I couldn't have asked for better opportunity to display my skill level.
Pros
Nice People
Decent
Non-Applicable (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PASeptember 29, 2014
Overall working for this company is ok. They are close to as good as it gets in this line of business. The people make it tolerable.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Pto, nature of the work
work
Instructor/mechanic/supply/ (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 11, 2014
none I don't have nothing to say about the company ..Just is a good company to work for thanks Bowhaed
Productive Workplace
Supply Technician/Shop Coordinator/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at work includes, researching part number, taking type 8 confirmations, controlling major end item and secondary programs.
General description of Bowhead
Manager (Former Employee) –  washington, d.c.April 22, 2014
The senior management is great, however not everyone gets along well. There are still some little kingdoms that exist. Also Bowhead is setup like no other company I have ever worked for in the past when it comes to IT & trusting employees. There is a family atmosphere that is promoted by senior management but gets lost at the director level. At times it seems even presidents are powerless to get something done. All in all my only complaints would be the healthcare benefits and IT.
Pros
The people, senior management, the share holders.
Cons
Directors of certain groups, indifference in some.
Decent company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  IowaApril 10, 2014
Was simply contracted through them, so very little direct contact through the company. No complaints.
team player
LetterKenny , Supply Spec. Fork Lift Oper. (Current Employee) –  supply dept.March 28, 2014
my typical day consist of arriving 10 minutes early,then receiving part in from delivery that day and storeing them away,also consoladate and filling pick orders for the next day.
Pros
team player, leader
Great pay!
Tech Writer/Engineering Tech (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMarch 19, 2014
Benefits are not so great, but the pay is decent. Job culture is awful, but that has to do with where this company is located, not so much the company itself.
Pros
great pay, decent break schedules