Bowie State University

Bowie State University Employee Reviews

Very relaxed and friendly environment to work at.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Bowie MDJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Work/Life Balance
Cons: Needs to improve on growth opportunities
A very inclusive University that respects people from all cultures, race and nationalities. Most faculty members will go above and beyond to ensure student success but of course in rare cases, you should expect to encounter a bad apple as in anywhere else.
A great place to work
School Admission clerk (Former Employee), bowie, mdJune 15, 2015
Working at bowie state university was a great experience for me. they taught me a lot of life lessons that I will able to take with me for the rest of my life.
Student Worker (Current Employee), Bowie, MDJune 8, 2015
I have learned a lot that will take me through my career as a student also. i enjoyed the cultural vibe and pace from the director and other workers as well.
Great chance to exercise management skills
Project Manager (Enrollment Management Project) (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJune 1, 2015
Pros: limited time frame to finish tasks
Cons: Good exercise management skills
I learnt a lot while working on this assignment including documentation and time management. Also my writing and analytical skills drastically got transformed.
It was a great learning experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMay 25, 2015
I help my professors facilitate some of their classes
Help student in planning their classes
Help to plan and host events such as symposium
Represent the department at school events
Very good
Student Office Assistant (Current Employee), Bowie, MDApril 10, 2015
Worked very hard and was appreciated because of it. When ever there was something done well, management made sure to express the pride in a job well done. One of the best perks of the job.
Residence Hall Assistant (Former Employee), Bowie, MDFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great lessons learned
Cons: not long term place
I liked working at BSU and happy for the experience I got there while in college. Working at Bowie has helped to shape my adult life. My staff was always supportive and willing to lend a helping hand.
Great Place To Work!
Dean of Students (Former Employee), Bowie, MDFebruary 23, 2015
I learned so much working at Bowie State. There was great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. The university really cared about students and staff.
Bowie State University
Graduate Research& Career Services Assistant (Former Employee), Bowie, MDFebruary 18, 2015
Wonderful School, and great work environment. The Professor's and staff here are friendly and very educated about their positions within the University.
Just a normal day at work
Web Content Specialist (Current Employee), Bowie, MDDecember 29, 2014
It is a good way to learn and earn money as a student. Would have loved to work in a more enabling and challenging environment. I feel like I've learnt all I can from here. My number of hours too is limited due to certain rules in regards to Graduate students working on campus.
Research opportunities for undergraduate students
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Bowie, MDNovember 13, 2014
There are several research opportunities for undergraduate students to gain useful skills and experience.
A Day as a teaching assistant/math tutor
Teaching Assistant/ Math Tutor (Former Employee), Bowie MarylandOctober 27, 2014
A typical day for a TA/tutor can include anything from demonstrating how to formulate algebraic equations to testing geometry proofs. There are various methods available to teach math today, including interactive learning, textbooks, workbooks and group exercises.
Alma Mater part time job
Track and Field Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Bowie, MDOctober 13, 2014
Only great things to say about my Alma Mater. Great school to work for
Fast Paced, teaches you a lot about yourself
Advance Public Relations (Former Employee), Bowie MDOctober 3, 2014
Bonding with organizations is fun and the entire process puts you in positions where you learn things about yourself that you wouldn't learn otherwise.
Productive and Fun Work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Bowie, MDSeptember 23, 2014
I have met many fascinating people while employed. Very flexible scheduling which allowed me to earn my degree while working.
Good for students
Tier II IT Tech/Helpdesk Support Administrator (Current Employee), Bowie, MDJune 30, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, friendly environment, great co-workers, great place to learn
Cons: bad management.
A typical day at work various from setting up a computer lab, printer set up (desktop and network) personal workstation set up, system upgrade, password resets. assisting with login issue, email issues(i.e. outlook), installation and configuration, hard-drive formatting, imaging, creating tickets for advance issues and assigning them to appropriate technicians and answering phone call to walk-ins. I have learned a lot from this job by shadowing other technician, who are more advanced than I am and holds more certifications and by self thought (meaning doing my own research). My co-worker are the best! We work together very well and we assist others in areas that we know less off. We are like a family because 90% of us are Nigerians, which means we've got each others back work related or personal. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with rude and angry users, whose issues are 50% of the time user error. The most enjoyable part of the job is troubleshooting. I enjoy this part of the job because is another source of learning. However, when I troubleshoot, I just to troubleshoot I troubleshoot to get return(i.e. getting the issue resolved)
Productive and learning enivronment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJune 16, 2014
Pros: early days on fridays
a typical work day, i would come at 9am and complete the task of the day that was asked of me. i have learned so much working there how to deal with a large amount of people at a fast pace enivornment, i learned how to work undr pressure. i learned how to work in groups with my co workers. the hardest part of the job was not being able to help all of the students who were apart of our summer program. the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing by me completing the task that was asked of me in a timely manner , i made the job so much easier for my supervisors and the whole office.
Relaxed work environment
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Bowie, MDJune 12, 2014
Pros: lunch time fun
Cons: not so great pay
This is a relaxed environment to work. Learnt new skills around Cisco devices, routing and switching support and troubleshooting
coworkers are great. The best, so far. They make the department a fun place to be
Experience
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMay 21, 2014
Since working for Bowie State University is been a real pleasure in learning about the archives. In addition, working at Bowie inspired me to become an archivist and librarian one day.
Good school for Bad students
Student Tutor (Current Employee), Bowie, MDMay 18, 2014
tutoring at bowie state is excruciatingly bad. They dont have kids that want to learn, and you get no pay.

1 2 3