Bowie State University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun work place
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDApril 4, 2016
I work as a graduate assistant in one of the departments on campus. I work with the best team ever, always looking out for me and ensuring i get to do my work right.
i do data analysis and extraction basically for the department.
productive workplace
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMarch 11, 2016
1-address specific challenges you are experiencing in same my field.
2- understand the type of problem or error that occur in server,database design, computer networks.
3- investigate a topic, examine other approaches, and propose a solution for some technical issue encounter.
4-develop communication skills.
5- observe the real environment of system administration and how we have to set the rules and policies for clients machines.
6-gain a confident of repairing, imaging, and updating software's and operating system. knowledge
Pros
improve and use my knowledge in computer securiy and network
Cons
short period providing from the school to practise and apply such experince.
Great place to work.
Writing Center Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 23, 2016
We strive daily to meet the needs of the students by providing them with the guidance that they need to be able to prepare an excellent product.
Pros
Recognition Ceremomies were well planned
Cons
Building maintenance
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 5, 2016
Working in Bowie is really great, flexible even though there good days and bad bays which i thin its general to all jobs and companies.
I have learnt a lot working in Bowie, things like better communication with fellow staffs, how to relate with customer, how to manage time and do things are the right time in the right place. The management is good, well organised and they care about the welfare of the staff. Not all days are good days, there times you have to do beyond your limit just to meet up with the task you have, their are challenges sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the work is the relation among the staff, they relate like families and work together as a team to achieve a common goal.
Pros
Team support
Educational
Developer (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 25, 2015
It was fun working at BSU as a student and as a professional and leaning the cutting edge technology.

Fun place to work with the students.
Bowie State University
IT Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 16, 2015
I am a student worker and to be able to gain experience in my field of study has given me wonder benefits. I came into the job not knowing too much besides the book knowledge, but the technicians on duty are very helpful and teach you whatever you need to know.
Good school
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 15, 2015
The part-time graduate program is good for working adults. The university has a multitude of majors and disciplines that students can choose from when trying to decide on a major. The academic advisors and support staff are very helpful and friendly at the university.
Pros
Tuition
Cons
Commute
Learned more about campus policing
Uniformed Police Officer III - Corporal (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDOctober 22, 2015
I started as a Security Guard and was able to attend the Police Academy (MPCTC, Sykesville) shortly after. I was able to acquire law enforcement experience through my experienced co-workers. I was given good ratings on my performance evaluations and obtained a leadership position within a year after the academy.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Understaffing
Busy
ADMINISTRATIVE/CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDSeptember 7, 2015
At Bowie State University Admission Office I was always busy. I worked with a great staff, which made a wonderful work environment.
I was responsible for an array of responsibilities, from attending telephones, helping internal and external customers and anything that I could do to help.
Pros
Wonderful Staff
Cons
Short Breaks
Good to see the student smiling when graduating
Graduate Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDAugust 24, 2015
I am the Graduate Records Coordinator. Working with students, faculty and administrator daily has it's pros and cons. I enjoy my position however, would like more challenges in my professional career
Pros
Working with the students
Cons
lack of help
Great work place, fun, great co workers, great work environment
Resident Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDAugust 24, 2015
This was my best job by far. Love the work environment, love my co workers, and this was a fun job. I lived and worked on campus here at Bowie State and I had so much fun!!!!
Pros
Great Networking, Great People, Good Lunch
Amazing Institution
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 26, 2015
I attended Bowie State University for 4 years and I've loved every waking moment of it. From how involved with getting the student body involved in homecoming and events on campus my freshman year, to how parenting, nurturing, and kind the professors were toward my senior year. It truly is an experience that you will not find at any other institution.
Very relaxed and friendly environment to work at.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowie MDJuly 5, 2015
A very inclusive University that respects people from all cultures, race and nationalities. Most faculty members will go above and beyond to ensure student success but of course in rare cases, you should expect to encounter a bad apple as in anywhere else.
Pros
Cons
Needs to improve on growth opportunities
A great place to work
School Admission clerk (Former Employee) –  bowie, mdJune 15, 2015
Working at bowie state university was a great experience for me. they taught me a lot of life lessons that I will able to take with me for the rest of my life.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 8, 2015
I have learned a lot that will take me through my career as a student also. i enjoyed the cultural vibe and pace from the director and other workers as well.
Great chance to exercise management skills
Project Manager (Enrollment Management Project) (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 1, 2015
I learnt a lot while working on this assignment including documentation and time management. Also my writing and analytical skills drastically got transformed.
Pros
limited time frame to finish tasks
Cons
Good exercise management skills
It was a great learning experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMay 25, 2015
I help my professors facilitate some of their classes
Help student in planning their classes
Help to plan and host events such as symposium
Represent the department at school events
Very good
Student Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDApril 10, 2015
Worked very hard and was appreciated because of it. When ever there was something done well, management made sure to express the pride in a job well done. One of the best perks of the job.
Residence Hall Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 26, 2015
I liked working at BSU and happy for the experience I got there while in college. Working at Bowie has helped to shape my adult life. My staff was always supportive and willing to lend a helping hand.
Pros
great lessons learned
Cons
not long term place
Great Place To Work!
Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 23, 2015
I learned so much working at Bowie State. There was great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. The university really cared about students and staff.

4.3