Bowie State University

Bowie State University Employer Reviews

Productive and learning enivronment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJune 16, 2014
Pros: early days on fridays
a typical work day, i would come at 9am and complete the task of the day that was asked of me. i have learned so much working there how to deal with a large amount of people at a fast pace enivornment, i learned how to work undr pressure. i learned how to work in groups with my co workers. the hardest part of the job was not being able to help all of – more... the students who were apart of our summer program. the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing by me completing the task that was asked of me in a timely manner , i made the job so much easier for my supervisors and the whole office. – less
Relaxed work environment
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Bowie, MDJune 12, 2014
Pros: lunch time fun
Cons: not so great pay
This is a relaxed environment to work. Learnt new skills around Cisco devices, routing and switching support and troubleshooting
coworkers are great. The best, so far. They make the department a fun place to be
Experience
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMay 21, 2014
Since working for Bowie State University is been a real pleasure in learning about the archives. In addition, working at Bowie inspired me to become an archivist and librarian one day.
Good school for Bad students
Student Tutor (Current Employee), Bowie, MDMay 18, 2014
tutoring at bowie state is excruciatingly bad. They dont have kids that want to learn, and you get no pay.
bowie isnt like any other school great employees
Office Assistant (Current Employee), bowie MDMay 17, 2014
Pros: easy job and good pay
Cons: none that i am aware of
great place to work and great students. respectful dean and other professor who treated me like a son
Typical help desk setting
Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Bowie, MDApril 10, 2014
Working for Bowie State University I learned how to be a team player. It prepared me for the workforce and also taught me how to manage a help desk situation on my own.
Flexible
recruitment, outreach & Marketing consultant (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMarch 31, 2014
Great place for work/life balance. You won't get rich but it's a nice environment if you like freedom/flexibility. If you are looking for direction, structure, outline duties/tasks...you may not like it here.
You have to be able to function in ambiguity at time.
Overall, I enjoyed my experience.
Nice Place to Start
Library Technician II (Current Employee), Bowie, MDMarch 24, 2014
The university is a good place. At times, there is a feeling that the environment can be hostile. Some seasoned employee are unwilling to making things better and keep the status quo . Others are truly committed to helping students succeed.
What I learned
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Bowie, MDFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: much learning
Cons: very challenging
Typically, I assisted the proffessor in grading, admistering test and managing the classroon. Additionaly, I mentor fellow students in Mathematics(Algebra)
Fun and exciting place to work
Athletic Operations Assistant (Current Employee), Bowie, MDJanuary 28, 2014
At BSU I have the opportunity to work with sports which is something I am very passionate about. My supervisors do not micro manage and usually trust my decision on equipment purchases and travel arrangements. My ideas are always considered with an open mind.
Lot of improvement
Line Cook (Former Employee), bowie mdJanuary 23, 2014
A good place to work friendly but management need to be more better
Academic and learning environment
Bookstore Clerk (Current Employee), Bowie, MDNovember 29, 2013
Pros: flexibility and friendly atomosphere
Cons: part-time/lack of hours
Bowie State University cab be an exciting place to work at. The environment is upbeat and offers excitement and is a fast-paced settings. The position requires me to be flexible and provide excellent customer service to individuals and monitor the materials. It also builds my interpersonal oral skills. There are limited hours a person can work in this – more... positions. – less
Life Of a RA
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), BowieNovember 24, 2013
Pros: free housing and meal plan
Cons: not getting paid, weekend shifts and co-workers
The job entails mentoring the residents, being available to assist and executing professional and educational programs.
Fun Workplace
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Bowie, MDNovember 15, 2013
I was able to go to school and walk to work on an on-call basis.
very good
Computer technical support (Former Employee), Bowie, MDOctober 30, 2013
it is a very good company to work at, they have good benefit, culture and values
An interesting Work Experience
Intern (Former Employee), Bowie, MDOctober 18, 2013
Working at Bowie State was over all an interesting experience. It was hard adjusting to working and living in the same place but I definitely made a lot of friends and life long connections.
Very exciting and learned a lot of info..
Anchor & Reporter for the Metro News Report (Former Employee), Bowie, MDAugust 27, 2013
Pros: got into all events for free
My major was broadcast journalism so I interned at my schools station. Where I reported and achored on the regional channel through out maryland. It was a great experience and I would cant it for the world.
Focused and Freedom
Student-Government Contractor, EI2 (Former Employee), Bowie, MDAugust 24, 2013
Pros: freedom
Cons: if you get stuck the lack of resources sometimes.
While working at Bowie you get the freedom to study in your desired field as long as their is faculty who has knowledge in it. In addition if you can provide a project timeline plan you may even take on your own project if it is approved.
Management made it easy for me.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Bowie, MDAugust 14, 2013
The job was tough (due to tax costumers) but management really allowed me the freedom to handle things how I saw fit (as long as it was over the top).
I enjoyed my time as a tutor.
Tutor (Former Employee), bowie marylandJuly 23, 2013
My day consisted of assisting students in completing there math homework. I learned how to effectively communicate theories to students who where unable to grasp various concepts during there classroom time. Also I learned how to preform basic administrative duties such as filling out log sheets, updating data bases, and expand m y knowledge of Microsoft – more... office. – less