Bowie State University Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Director of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 12, 2017
Bowie State University was a great place to work. The collaborative spirit among the students, faculty and staff are unmatched. The students worked hard and were committed to their studies and giving back to the community.
Fub
Certified Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 6, 2017
Good job, good environment. Able to work and go to class without being stressed. My supervisor was great I loved her. She was very helpful and taught me alot.
Good place, and improving
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDNovember 24, 2017
Very good people working hard to serve students. Pay could be better. Good schedule and management. Supportive environment overall, and decent resources.
Pros
Mission and
Cons
Low pay
Bowie State University's overall atmosphere was okay
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDNovember 21, 2017
BSU provided a balanced work experience and opportunities to grow as a professional.The employees were helpful,friendly, and made the work place a joy
Pros
People
Cons
commuting to work
Bowie State
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDNovember 20, 2017
Working with Bowie States Office of resident life was sometimes a stressful job, but was worth it. This position has taught me how to be versatile when talking to residents.
Pros
free housing
Cons
spontaneous hours.
Active and fun work envinorment
Assistant Volleyball Coach Division II (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDNovember 8, 2017
This was a coaching work spaced that had me transporting as well as conditioning and coaching female student athletes on the volleyball team under the supervision of the head coach
Experience
Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDNovember 1, 2017
This is a contract positon I took through a third party vendor, I worked in a cohesive environment. completed my task and allowed my self to learn more as a consultant overall.
fun
Executive functioning (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDOctober 29, 2017
Manager is very nice. she works very well with your schedule. SHe understands you have classes and she makes sure you have enough time to leave work and make it to class on time. Great energy from everyone at the bookstore.
Great Place To Work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDOctober 24, 2017
Bowie State University is a great place to work. The work culture is lively. Both staff and faculty get along really well. It's a home away from home. Having said that, there are many things that can be improved. Management is not on par with other Maryland higher education institutions. A lack of funding may well explain this problem. Employee benefits could also be improved as well as other management issues related to employees. On the whole, a great place to work!
Simple job for full time students
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDSeptember 19, 2017
All you're required to do is assist anyone who comes in the office needing help. Occasionally I was required to run some packages around campus to other offices.
Pros
played back environment
Examination andb assessment
Family Nurse Practitioner Student (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDSeptember 18, 2017
I was s student doing clinical work twice a week with the medical director of the clinic and other support staff. The workplace culture was welcoming with positive feedback from the students who either came for annual flu shots and acute complaints. It was structured to accommodate Nurse Practitioner students but followup was not open to NP students.
Productive and entertaining
New Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Bowie MDSeptember 9, 2017
Helped students to succeed at Bowie State University through activities and programs as well as tutoring and mentoring.
Served as the first encounter an individual had with the university.
Coworkers are nice and the environment is very family orientate.
The hardest part of the job is the constant hours we have to work sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I helped a student become more acquainted with the university and they develop the same love that I have for the school,
Pros
Free lunch, housing, free stuff Bowie gear
Cons
little breaks, fast paced, unpredictable situations happen often
intern
Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDAugust 31, 2017
I was an intern and I had to log tapes and that was about it. There were so many, all the way back to the '80s so it took me a few months to do. I created a table for retrieving them.
Best University in Maryland
Coach/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDAugust 28, 2017
Great place to work even better place to get a degree from truly an awesome organization to be apart of. The culture is one of a kind. The students, staff and faculty are truly amazing.
Pros
Cons
N/a
Great Plce to work
Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDAugust 11, 2017
I enjoy working at BSU. The students keep me on my toes and my colleagues are amazing. Growth, perks, benefits, year end party, training, continued education, amazing leadership, friendly atmosphere. If you work hard and put in the work and strive to be a great leader, opportunities will come your way. It is an amazing company who has leaders that want to see everyone excel and flourish. Paycom appreciates its employees and will continue excelling. I have never worked for a company that has so much …
Best Workplace
NEAR PEER TUTOR/MENTOR (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDAugust 1, 2017
Excellent place to work - worthwhile mission and the best co-workers. I am serving as near tutor/mentor. Friendly atmosphere and great training program.
Pros
Workshops, Seminars, Leadership Training
Work Life
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 18, 2017
I was student aid for the Disability and Support System Department. My job consist answering and taking telephone message for my supervisor. I was a note taker for students with disabilities. If the student make request that will help them learn better, the Disability and Support System Department will make sure that we make recommendation for them.
Pros
flexible schedule, quiet environment, breaks
Cons
low pay and no healthcare provided
Flexibility
Change Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2017
A typical day at work is engaging at this organization. I learnt a lot of new innovative ideas and suggestions. The workplace culture is good and encouraging
Great Potential
Financial Literacy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 11, 2017
Phenomenal students. Community oriented. Tight knit groups of people. Lots of history and strong accomplishments. Difficulties implementing new ideas.
Productive and an easy and laid back work enviornment
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 8, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of monitoring individuals entering into a residence hall. Also, completing clerical task and assisting students with inquiries.
Pros
having the ability to complete school work while working on the job
Cons
having to sit for long periods of time