Bowling Green State University Employee Reviews

Student worker
Technology Stores Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHNovember 8, 2017
I was a student worker. I had two jobs working for BGSU one was The technology stores clerk. That position was paid and I loved my manager (now retired). Since I was a student worker the pay was fairly low and I worked very few hours in between classes. The other position that I held there was a volunteer monitor for the computer labs, no pay there but I had to leave a review.
Library staff and supervisors are knowledgeable and supportive
EDUCATOR IN RESIDENCE (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHNovember 7, 2017
The Jerome Library is an amazing resource for students, faculty, alumni and the community in Bowling Green, Ohio. This is a wonderful and fun place to work.
ugh
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHNovember 7, 2017
Just pass it up. it wasn't great. mostly just a pain in the butt to deal with their rules they were not accepting of everyones beliefs just some peoples.
Interesting job, no career
Stargaze Instructor - Department of Physics (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHNovember 2, 2017
Unless you are planning to be a stargaze instructor for the rest of your life, this may not be the job for you. You will need to have your educational career be physics and astronomy focused in order to use this to your advantage
Graduate Teaching is stressful
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHOctober 30, 2017
My experience at BGSU probably isn't the usual. As a non-traditional student pursuing a graduate degree in Physics, living off campus with a 45 minute commute, and teaching thrown in, it was a rather stressful couple of years.

Having said that, the people I interacted with in the department were always as supportive as possible, and the experience was, in general, positive.
Used to be a great place to work
Laboratory Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHOctober 10, 2017
Typically a work day is not the difficult, however the changing job market has caused some salaries to be frozen. There is also a push to outsource many functions that at one time were kept in house. The workplace is very nice, however some of the policies enacted seem to be counter productive to a good work place.
Pros
inexpensive collage classes
Cons
pay scale
Great people
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHOctober 5, 2017
It was a good experience, balanced workload. People are kind, passionate about their jobs. I learned a lot. Hardest part is to find a good balance between Teaching assignments and research work.
Friendly, learning environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHOctober 4, 2017
The main responsibility at my job was to assist students with their learning process while working in the organic chemistry lab and to explain the most confusing parts of the assignments in homeworks and preparation for the exams. Also part of my job included grading lab reports and exams.
Residence Life
Academic Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHOctober 2, 2017
Residence Life really likes to get in their students business, for better or for worse. The idea of the position was good, but they have so many people trying to get involved in their students life about trivial things, the student does not fee inclined to look for more intervention in terms of school, the most important things.
Pros
lots of homework time
Cons
shuttle stops before we get off
Depends on the office
Student Philanthropy Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Leadership of the university was not always student oriented. The top down approach would ignore student voices. The office I worked at was focused on alumni and friends of the university rather than students.
Graduate Assistantship
Teaching Instructor/ Tutor/ Academic Advising (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 11, 2017
Job requirements are constantly changing. Management is disorganized. Management not good at writing or responding to reference requests. Asked to spend more hours working than the negotiated contract. Being a multiple time alumni does not help gain permanent employment here.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
They do not stick to their end of the contract
productive working place
Postdoc Fellow (Former Employee) –  overman hallSeptember 6, 2017
It is a great small town to live with peaceful neighbor hood. Supervisor and coworkers are friendly. there are lots of interesting events and instructive seminars.
Summary
Student Caller for Phone- a- thon (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 1, 2017
It was a learning experience. I was an intern at the career center for a semester. I was heavily involved. It was not a paid opportunity, but it did offer a lot. I am very thankful I was able to learn the ropes while I was there. As of now I am a recent grad of BGSU
Loved it
Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 22, 2017
Working at BGSU has been a dream come true. The department is amazing, the management are great and always understanding. The only reason I have for leaving is that my current life situation is moving me away from Northwest OH and I am forced to look for new employment.
Great Experience
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 14, 2017
great place to work. learned quite a bit while working there.

small office in a quiet corner of campus was a nice escape from the often busy main campus. I was able to park very close to my office, which isn't common for BGSU.
Good Place
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 9, 2017
Bowling Green State University Department of Psychology is a fun and exciting place to work with many opportunities to get involved with meaningful research.
Great work environment with people that genuinely care
Accounts Payable Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 8, 2017
Good place to work for as a student. The actual staff is very nice and don't treat you as a student. Looks good on a resume as college student especially when they see what size accounts you handle.
Secretarial Job with a wide array of residents and visitors
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 31, 2017
Working as a desk clerk provided the opportunity to interact with various students, faculty, and other 3rd party members. At the Front desk I learned how to troubleshoot situations as well as being able to assist residents with a wide cacophony of problems amidst the school year.
Fun and not time-consuming
Student Recruitment Team Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 29, 2017
Great on-campus job for students just looking to make a little extra money and add something to their resume. You choose the events that you would like to work although you have to do some minimum of events per semester.
Good programs for students
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 12, 2017
It is hard for me to give an accurate rating as it wasn't for me. I can respect that this school has good programs for graduate students and you are compensated very well. I just didn't want to further my career in academia