Pros: tuition fee waiver and great people
Cons: i have been unable to sell my home in wilmington, ohio - i am commuting.
Responsible for directing the IT staff in the support, maintenance, enhancement and implementation of all enterprise applications at BGSU (Staff of 38)
• Collaborates with the VPs and Directors of all primary business offices to understand and evaluate all University priorities and the university strategic plan as they relate to IT initiatives.
• Created the IT Enterprise Application strategic planning including determining IT project priorities based on the university strategic plan.
• Authored, promoted and gained approval for a $1.5 million program to incorporate needed application upgrades but also including an initiative to re-engineer business process to provide business automation to the university (turn paper process into automated processes).
• Established communication standards and formats that are utilized to share project information with many different university audiences from the divisional VPs to the general University community.
• Manages the IT project pipe line by prioritizing projects, establishing timelines, determining resource needs and working with university executives to gain budget and priority approval and to ensure the delivery of projects on time and within budget.
• Responsible for the technology direction and application road map for the following: analytical reporting / data warehouse, ERP applications (PeopleSoft CSS/HCM/FMS), LMS, OnBase, SharePoint, CMS, web development (java) & academic applications.
• Built application road maps for all Enterprise Applications which include planning for application upgrades, infrastructure needs, and evaluating – more... onsite vs. cloud presence.
• Manages a team of 5 managers and provide an environment in which I mentor the management team to move up to the next level by encouraging professional development and technical training.
• Participating in the CIO leadership program provided by the CIO magazine.
• Monitors and maintains the IT budget for application services.
• Established solid application change control procedures to ensure the stability of the Enterprise Applications.
• Provides excellent customer service for problem and incident management utilizing an ITIL framework.
• Implemented best practices for application development processes utilizing an Agile SDLC approach and a lean project management structure.
• Oversight for all IT application projects to ensure proper scope, timelines and resources are available to deliver a quality product.
• Participates in the evaluations of any new software products, review RFPs and jointly works with the purchasing department to negotiate final contract.
• Promotes a positive work environment by supporting team building initiatives through-out the year.
• In Fiscal Year 2013, the application development team delivered 22 major projects.
• Responsible for projects ranging in cost from $200,000 to $5 Million consisting of outside resources.
• Projects completed: established a data ware house approach utilizing: oracle database, database ETL, OBIEE reporting toolset and star schema data structures, completed 2 People Tool upgrades, implementation of adobe AEM as the selected CMS, established a 4 year application road map for the ERP applications, conducted an RFP to select as an implementation partner to execute on the ERP road map, created a program with 4 project work streams to evaluate all business processes and implement automated solutions and conducting an RFP to select an enterprise CRM application. – less