Bowling Green State University Employee Reviews

Tutoring Athletes
Student Athlete Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 24, 2017
- set up times to meet with athletes
- clock in
- assist athletes in their school work (studying, worksheets, tips/hints, etc.)
- Fill out time sheets and session sheets
- verify next time to meet
Pros
Work around your schedule
Cons
Evening/Night hours
Large Classes
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 16, 2017
From working as learning assistant for a geology class that had over 100 students was just a great experience. I felt that I was educating the students while helping my professor.
I really liked working at bgsu the co workers were nice and the student were awesome if you did your work and come to work you had no problem.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  resident hallsFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day for me at BGSU was going to my area to first pick up trash in the hallways as I walked to my area I then would start with my kitchenette wiping off surfaces and sweeping and mopping the floors then moving to the laundry room the same, then too the elevator area I would dust mop then mop and wipe elev. doors down, then moving to the lounges, I would dust furniture and vacuum if needed after that was done I would go to my stairs and sweep and mop and usually have to scrub the walls as I went, then it was on to the bathrooms I would sweep the floors, put tp in and fill soap dispensers then hose the showers and disinfect daily then mop my way out daily. The last part of the day I would vacuum all my hallways. If I finished early I would work on hallway walls and stock my closets. I learned so much at BG but if I had to choose I would say how to get along with all kinds of people and mainly safety. The hardest part of the job was summers we cleaned dorm rooms and we was expected to clean so many a day, its also crunch time, when all the stripping, waxing and shampooing takes place. The best part of the job was the students, they are so up beat and fun, they really keep you on your toes. I really enjoyed them. Management could have been better, it is such a big institution it was hard to have uniform rules I feel it would be hard for the supervisors because their were so many different buildings so it seemed like every building had their own set of rules, they did the best they could.
Pros
working around the students
Cons
very hard work in the summer (the quotas)
Good College Job!
Campus Operations Student Mover (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHFebruary 19, 2017
Flexible Hours allowed me to put school first. This job gave me a backstage pass to the university! Got to meet many great people and work with a team of my peers.
productive,fun, laid back, and relaxing
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHFebruary 7, 2017
i loved working at BG University it was a great experience, i worked wit great people.i loved doing wat i did but, unfortunately i had to move so i had to leave but, i'd love to go back
Student Leadership/Professional Development
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHFebruary 7, 2017
Bowling Green is a great training ground for young leaders.
There were many opportunities to study and apply leadership theory.
Great place to gain teaching experience
Teaching Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 27, 2017
Bowling Green State University allows teaching instructors to find their teaching persona as they gain experience in the classroom.
Pros
Great place to learn how to be a teacher
Cons
Have to balance teaching and studying
Nice experience
Graduate Assistant, Romance and Classical Studies (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green ohioJanuary 21, 2017
It was to teach a different kind of Spanish class that I taught during the semester. No book, just practical information about travelling, make hotel reservations etc. Learn specifically about the Hispanic culture.
Pros
Small class
Cons
Not enough time
Great community of like-minded individuals
Gallery Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 2, 2017
The co-workers are the best part of the job. It's usually very demanding and time consuming work, but it is worth it. I worked in the office setting on campus and it was always fun and exciting. The hardest part of the job is dealing with parents, but that is to be expected in a University environment.
Enjoyable
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 2, 2017
I enjoyed my experience as a faculty member at BGSU. My colleagues were generally cordial and fun to chat with. Students skew below average in ability for a university, but there are still good ones to make teaching pleasant.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Distribution of students skews towards lower quality
It is okay
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHNovember 15, 2016
Okay, not bad not good, emphasis on teaching and research can be hard to balance. Standard academia. Expect the average
Benefits
Cons
Advancement
Amazing
Graduate assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green OhioNovember 14, 2016
I really enjoyed being an employee at BGSU. I loved working with students in food and nutrition courses. I was faced with a lot of different scenarios with students needing help regarding nutrition and I loved how it challenged me to become more educated myself.
Awesome Place to Shine
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Office of Academic AssessmentOctober 18, 2016
It is a great place to work and learn. My supervisors are very supportive, approachable and always willing to extend a helping hand. For people who are looking for a great place to study or work, then Bowling Green State University is the place.
student job
Library assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 9, 2016
I like the Library environment.My college and employers are nice people.However,this experience was the summer job. I like books and student job at the library was enjoyable for me. Student job does not related my study field. I need the job experience to related my major or increase my life experince, I am seeking to get more experience related my previous experiences or courses.
Pros
good culture
Cons
low salary
overall a great job
Student Recruitment Team (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 4, 2016
Provides great opportunities for students and allows you to gain great leadership skills while also enjoying the job. Teamwork is greatly recommended in all positions to expand your ability to network.
Pros
pay, experience
Cons
time consuming
Research Assitant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 2, 2016
A typical day as a graduate student is to work in labs and do a lot of research work. ohh and we work more than 60 hours a week. did i mention we dont get paid well enough for this!!
Productive and friendly work environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 13, 2016
My work as a graduate assistant involved a manageable workload and reasonable cooperation and supervision from faculty members. It was a fun and rewarding experience that provided me with funding necessary to cover my living expenses while at graduate school.
Relaxed and easy-going work environment
Information Technology Lab Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working this position for the flexibility and access to university resources. It is an excellent position for students who have a lot of homework to complete.
Productive and fun place to work
Student Athletic Services Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 9, 2016
Because this private school is so small expect to be apart of a closely knitted team that works together to complete various tasks.

My co-workers were very welcoming and willingly helped me learn more about athletics in a high school setting.
Enlightening and inspiring environments
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 23, 2016
As a teaching assistant at Bowling Green State University I was able to challenge myself in ways that I never have. I achieved a heightened ability to think quickly and problem solve on a moments notice, as well a interact with students as an educational mentor. I was honored to work with two incredibly skilled, brilliant, and seasoned professors that I owe a great deal of knowledge and inspiration to as well as the experience they gave me by trusting in my abilities to assist in the education of their students.

The hardest part of the job was quickly becoming an expert on a subject through intensive study with only a few days before having to stand in front of thirty students and teach. There is a determination and perseverance that comes from knowing that others are counting on you. This was the most enjoyable and challenging experience I have had the pleasure to experience, and it is one that I will always cherish.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bowling Green State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3