Bowling Green State University Employee Reviews

Good programs for students
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 12, 2017
It is hard for me to give an accurate rating as it wasn't for me. I can respect that this school has good programs for graduate students and you are compensated very well. I just didn't want to further my career in academia
Amazing
Studio Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 7, 2017
I loved being able to teach classes and help students with their printmaking projects. I learned a lot about teaching and the my professors were very helpful with showing me all the ins and outs of running a studio and teaching classes.
Pros
All of it was amazing
Cons
The Wellness Connection at a glance is full of life, innovation,team work and positivity
Wellness Connection Intern (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 7, 2017
Each day at the Wellness Connection starts a new opportunity. Everyone's opinion is valued and contributes to the culture. They do a swell job of being inclusive and non discriminant.
Pros
great events, gifts, progressive social programs
Cons
no free gym membership
Stressful but worth it.
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 24, 2017
A lot of stress working with students but getting to see them grow is of course all that matters. Everyone in the department is there to help. Miss it.
Great Campus
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 15, 2017
Exciting atmosphere, great college vibe. The entire campus is strongly oriented towards green energy and savings as well as inclusivity for all. Everything is well within walking distance.
Amazing Experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 3, 2017
Bowling Green is an amazing city with many different opportunities. If I could find a job in Bowling Green on the Universities' campus that would be ideal.
Bowling Green
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 1, 2017
I'll be attending Bowling Green State University this coming fall, it offers an at home environment which allows all students to succeed. I look forward to beginning my work at Bowling Green this fall.
decent place to work
Locksmith/ Senior Locksmith / Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 26, 2017
its a decent place to work nothing really more that I can say already listed the pros and the cons. Everyones opinion of this employer is different. I prefer to stay neutral.
Pros
tuition fee waiver for dependants and self
Cons
management
Work and more Work, Little distraction from work
Instructor/Asst (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 22, 2017
Attend classes-lecture, go to meetings, complete research projects; prepare for next day lectures and possibly rehearse play productions. Some opportunities for cross-cultural productions
Pros
Some opportunities for close partnerships
Cons
Isolation as a minority
Great university with growing Construction Management Program
University Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 18, 2017
I teach two classes for BG’s accredited Construction Management Program:
• Construction Contracting, a 4400 level capstone course for upperclassmen, exploring the legal environment of construction, project delivery systems, project design and bidding law, regulation of the contracting industry, safety and risk management, and construction contracting and contract claims law.
• Construction Contracts and Dispute Resolution, a graduate level course for students pursuing their Master’s in Construction Management or Architecture; 4400 level topics are explored more deeply and emphasis is placed on contract claims, court processes and dispute resolution.
Pros
university culture
Cons
low pay for adjuncts, which is typical at universities
It does what you need when in school
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 18, 2017
Working on campus means they HAVE to work around your university schedule--so that definitely makes it worth it. As for pay, if you are looking for more than minimum, you need to be a grad assistant or a full timer or you're getting JUST above minimum.
Pros
flexability
Cons
pay
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 11, 2017
I have a very good and productive experience working as Graduate Assistant in Bowling Green State University. All the faculties and colleagues are very friendly.
A fair place to work
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 9, 2017
A good place for an academic. Fair amount of school resources, but certainly not outstanding salary. Good benefits in unionized environment. Hardest part: working within constraints of existing culture and departmental lack of imagination.
Best part:Opportunity to shape my own weekly agenda.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Government Forms, Documents
all good
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 29, 2017
B.G.S.U.is a great to work and go to school.Very clean and very well organized . They work closely with you to make your experience a well rewarding place to be.
Pros
free landury
Cons
big campus
Grateful
Graduate Hall Director (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 27, 2017
As a grad at BG in res life, I learned a ton and was lucky to receive a free master's as part of my compensation. It had its flaws, but I can't complain about everything I learned and gained there.
Public University
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 25, 2017
Working hard to make the best classes possible, and the professors in the school of art were willing to put their all into their classes and students. I learned a ton from my peers, and they are amazing teachers. The pay is terribly low, and very little room for advancement. Their is not enough emphasis on community and culture as a group of teachers. If you are looking for a public university be learn, grow, and be inspired... this is it. If you are looking for a good job with a future, look elsewhere.
Pros
Learn, grow, be inpired
Cons
Get a second job because this wont pay the bills
Tutoring Athletes
Student Athlete Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 24, 2017
- set up times to meet with athletes
- clock in
- assist athletes in their school work (studying, worksheets, tips/hints, etc.)
- Fill out time sheets and session sheets
- verify next time to meet
Pros
Work around your schedule
Cons
Evening/Night hours
Large Classes
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 16, 2017
From working as learning assistant for a geology class that had over 100 students was just a great experience. I felt that I was educating the students while helping my professor.
I really liked working at bgsu the co workers were nice and the student were awesome if you did your work and come to work you had no problem.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  resident hallsFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day for me at BGSU was going to my area to first pick up trash in the hallways as I walked to my area I then would start with my kitchenette wiping off surfaces and sweeping and mopping the floors then moving to the laundry room the same, then too the elevator area I would dust mop then mop and wipe elev. doors down, then moving to the lounges, I would dust furniture and vacuum if needed after that was done I would go to my stairs and sweep and mop and usually have to scrub the walls as I went, then it was on to the bathrooms I would sweep the floors, put tp in and fill soap dispensers then hose the showers and disinfect daily then mop my way out daily. The last part of the day I would vacuum all my hallways. If I finished early I would work on hallway walls and stock my closets. I learned so much at BG but if I had to choose I would say how to get along with all kinds of people and mainly safety. The hardest part of the job was summers we cleaned dorm rooms and we was expected to clean so many a day, its also crunch time, when all the stripping, waxing and shampooing takes place. The best part of the job was the students, they are so up beat and fun, they really keep you on your toes. I really enjoyed them. Management could have been better, it is such a big institution it was hard to have uniform rules I feel it would be hard for the supervisors because their were so many different buildings so it seemed like every building had their own set of rules, they did the best they could.
Pros
working around the students
Cons
very hard work in the summer (the quotas)
Good College Job!
Campus Operations Student Mover (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHFebruary 19, 2017
Flexible Hours allowed me to put school first. This job gave me a backstage pass to the university! Got to meet many great people and work with a team of my peers.