Bowling Green State University

Bowling Green State University Employer Reviews

Welcoming University
Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHApril 8, 2014
Bowling Green State University offers a family friendly environment. Co-workers are supportive of personal and professional goals.
Great teaching experience
Instructor on Record (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHMarch 5, 2014
Great teaching experience. Great opportunity to build skills and abilities.
teaching assistant when pursuing Master's Degree
Teaching assistant (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHJanuary 2, 2014
It was both interesting and helpful with my own study at Bowling Green University. My advisor was excellent. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to understand the application process to the program as well as learning how to avoid certain mistakes from the grading of homework.
Great people to work with but poorly located
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHDecember 26, 2013
Pros: classes were easy to teach
Cons: bad location, hard for networking
I worked there as a master's student, and was paid for research and teaching. I have met a lot of nice people in the Geology department. I only need to teach 2 class sessions a week, and you could repeatedly teach the class you are most familiar with.
Horrible Management, completely unorganized and wasteful.
Audio/Visual Student Technician (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHDecember 23, 2013
Horrible Management, completely unorganized and wasteful.
school spirit
student (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHDecember 9, 2013
Pros: good school
overall a good school the field i am in is relatively new and still building up
University Student at Bowling Green State University Art Galleries
Gallery Attendant (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHNovember 15, 2013
Order office or retail supplies, answer phones, issue and manage written correspondence, and set up or confirm appointments or event schedules with artists, vendors, clients or visitors

Speak to visitors about an artist or specific pieces on display, or answer questions about pieces or upcoming exhibitions or events
It is a good university if it is the right fit for the student.
Teaching/Research Assistant (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHOctober 2, 2013
Faculty is very helpful and want to see students succeed. If your interests are similar to those already in the program it is very beneficial. Make sure that you are a good fit before entering the program because, either way, it is going to be a lot of work and the faculty have high expectations.
It is a great University
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: great environment, great standards, one of the large universities
Cons: nil
I would like to go back and teach /lecture there.
Typical day would be busy but enjoyable
management skills, Teaching/lecturing skills
Friendly co workers
I didn't find the hardest part of the job, unless when you have a heavy load of teaching.

The most enjoyable part is staff development/attending conferences etc.
An honor to hold this assistantship
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHAugust 10, 2013
Pros: flexible hours and worked with many pleasant people
Cons: had many supervisors that i had to make sure i was delegating my time equally
Worked for a two professors and for the secretary to the head of the School of HMSL. When I worked for the professors I compiled research information and compiled data into spreadsheets, as well as grade papers and assist in classroom activities. When I worked in the administrative office I assisted the secretary with her work and was given tasks directly – more... from the director. It was a great job opportunity where I was able to learn a variety of office and clerical skills. – less
Great Stepping Stone for entry level professionals
Multicultural Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHAugust 7, 2013
My main responsibility was recruiting multicultural students to the university and assisting them throughout the admissions process.
Great place, great people, sometimes gross
BGSU Campus Operations Student Custodian (Former Employee), Residence Halls, Bowling Green, OHJuly 31, 2013
Pros: consistent breaks, always leave on time, great coworkers, great hours, very flexible
Cons: residents in the dorms, vomit, used condoms, fecal matter, urine, cleaning toilets, trash, gross things
I worked for Campus Operations for two years, including two summers. I was on first shift, 7:30-4, cleaning the residence halls. During the summer, we would clean thorough clean the entire dorm; rooms, hallways, bathrooms, lounges, stairs, elevators, if you can think of it, we cleaned it. We would spend 5-10 days at each building then bounce around. – more... So, there is not a residence building on campus I have not been in, aside from Centennial and Falcon Heights, which are not actually owned by BGSU. They outsource their custodial staff there.

More, during the school year, the work is great. You give your supervisor your class schedule and just come in whenever! You mostly do main areas, and things the full-time staff is unable to get it. You meet great coworkers with this job, and it really had a family feel. I created great relationships with all my coworkers and supervisors through Campus Operations. Each semester, you get reviewed, and if positive, get a .25 cent raise. So, if you start as a Freshman, you could be making good money by the time you're a Senior! You cannot keep this job after graduation, which is the only reason I am currently not employed with them. Great job, sometimes really gross (as it is a custodial positon). – less
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHJuly 30, 2013
If it wasn't for my husband’s job relocating him I would still be with the University. I have nothing bad to say about BGSU. The staff that I worked with was all really helpful. My boss was very flexible and understanding.
Easy Going, But Efficient Workplace
Clerical Assistant, Office of Field Experiences (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHJuly 25, 2013
There was very little stress when completing an assignment or task because of the lax work environment, and because of the lax work environment people actually finished their work way before the deadlines.

I learned how to deal with understanding questions from students and professors over the phone, in person, and through e-mail. I also learned how – more... to understand Apple computers and their functions. I helped with the marketing department by creating attractive presentations through Powerpoint and other media. – less
Good graduate environment
Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHJuly 17, 2013
This is a typical school with a rigorous graduate program. There were many opportunities to increase knowledge and skills, but it was difficult to balance work and school.
productive and fun
I Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), utica, miJuly 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: quality of life
work load was identified and meet daily, however quality of life is not the best.
Nice Job well in school.
Video Operator/Classroom Assistant (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHJuly 9, 2013
Typically I would be helping teachers in the classroom with the AV equipment. It was a great job with understanding and helpful management. if I was still in school I would still be working there.
Excellent experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHJune 26, 2013
Working hands on with undergraduate students in Economics courses really reinforced my understanding of the subject, especially since I was an English major in undergraduate. The hours were very reasonable, and best of all tuition was paid for, and this was extra on top!
Being their for the young men on the team
Founder / President of Stick Chicks (Former Employee), Ice ArenaJune 10, 2013
Being a huge supporter of the hockey teams. I learned to be very outgoing . Making sure me and my fellow stick chicks were at every home game !
Great student affairs training.
Career Center Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHMay 30, 2013
BGSU provides a highly sought-after student affairs program in the College Student Personnel and Higher Education Administration fields.

1 2 3