Bowling Green State University Employee Reviews

Depends on the office
Student Philanthropy Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Leadership of the university was not always student oriented. The top down approach would ignore student voices. The office I worked at was focused on alumni and friends of the university rather than students.
Graduate Assistantship
Teaching Instructor/ Tutor/ Academic Advising (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 11, 2017
Job requirements are constantly changing. Management is disorganized. Management not good at writing or responding to reference requests. Asked to spend more hours working than the negotiated contract. Being a multiple time alumni does not help gain permanent employment here.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
They do not stick to their end of the contract
productive working place
Postdoc Fellow (Former Employee) –  overman hallSeptember 6, 2017
It is a great small town to live with peaceful neighbor hood. Supervisor and coworkers are friendly. there are lots of interesting events and instructive seminars.
Summary
Student Caller for Phone- a- thon (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 1, 2017
It was a learning experience. I was an intern at the career center for a semester. I was heavily involved. It was not a paid opportunity, but it did offer a lot. I am very thankful I was able to learn the ropes while I was there. As of now I am a recent grad of BGSU
Loved it
Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 22, 2017
Working at BGSU has been a dream come true. The department is amazing, the management are great and always understanding. The only reason I have for leaving is that my current life situation is moving me away from Northwest OH and I am forced to look for new employment.
Great Experience
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 14, 2017
great place to work. learned quite a bit while working there.

small office in a quiet corner of campus was a nice escape from the often busy main campus. I was able to park very close to my office, which isn't common for BGSU.
Good Place
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 9, 2017
Bowling Green State University Department of Psychology is a fun and exciting place to work with many opportunities to get involved with meaningful research.
Great work environment with people that genuinely care
Accounts Payable Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 8, 2017
Good place to work for as a student. The actual staff is very nice and don't treat you as a student. Looks good on a resume as college student especially when they see what size accounts you handle.
Secretarial Job with a wide array of residents and visitors
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 31, 2017
Working as a desk clerk provided the opportunity to interact with various students, faculty, and other 3rd party members. At the Front desk I learned how to troubleshoot situations as well as being able to assist residents with a wide cacophony of problems amidst the school year.
Fun and not time-consuming
Student Recruitment Team Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 29, 2017
Great on-campus job for students just looking to make a little extra money and add something to their resume. You choose the events that you would like to work although you have to do some minimum of events per semester.
Good programs for students
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 12, 2017
It is hard for me to give an accurate rating as it wasn't for me. I can respect that this school has good programs for graduate students and you are compensated very well. I just didn't want to further my career in academia
Amazing
Studio Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 7, 2017
I loved being able to teach classes and help students with their printmaking projects. I learned a lot about teaching and the my professors were very helpful with showing me all the ins and outs of running a studio and teaching classes.
Pros
All of it was amazing
Cons
The Wellness Connection at a glance is full of life, innovation,team work and positivity
Wellness Connection Intern (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 7, 2017
Each day at the Wellness Connection starts a new opportunity. Everyone's opinion is valued and contributes to the culture. They do a swell job of being inclusive and non discriminant.
Pros
great events, gifts, progressive social programs
Cons
no free gym membership
Stressful but worth it.
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 24, 2017
A lot of stress working with students but getting to see them grow is of course all that matters. Everyone in the department is there to help. Miss it.
Great Campus
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 15, 2017
Exciting atmosphere, great college vibe. The entire campus is strongly oriented towards green energy and savings as well as inclusivity for all. Everything is well within walking distance.
Amazing Experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 3, 2017
Bowling Green is an amazing city with many different opportunities. If I could find a job in Bowling Green on the Universities' campus that would be ideal.
Bowling Green
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 1, 2017
I'll be attending Bowling Green State University this coming fall, it offers an at home environment which allows all students to succeed. I look forward to beginning my work at Bowling Green this fall.
decent place to work
Locksmith/ Senior Locksmith / Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 26, 2017
its a decent place to work nothing really more that I can say already listed the pros and the cons. Everyones opinion of this employer is different. I prefer to stay neutral.
Pros
tuition fee waiver for dependants and self
Cons
management
Work and more Work, Little distraction from work
Instructor/Asst (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 22, 2017
Attend classes-lecture, go to meetings, complete research projects; prepare for next day lectures and possibly rehearse play productions. Some opportunities for cross-cultural productions
Pros
Some opportunities for close partnerships
Cons
Isolation as a minority
Great university with growing Construction Management Program
University Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 18, 2017
I teach two classes for BG’s accredited Construction Management Program:
• Construction Contracting, a 4400 level capstone course for upperclassmen, exploring the legal environment of construction, project delivery systems, project design and bidding law, regulation of the contracting industry, safety and risk management, and construction contracting and contract claims law.
• Construction Contracts and Dispute Resolution, a graduate level course for students pursuing their Master’s in Construction Management or Architecture; 4400 level topics are explored more deeply and emphasis is placed on contract claims, court processes and dispute resolution.
Pros
university culture
Cons
low pay for adjuncts, which is typical at universities