Bowling Green State University Employee Reviews

Helping students understand the basics of accounting.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHOctober 30, 2015
Overall good place, with the possibility to help others who are in need of assistance when it comes to the basics of accounting.
Productive and challenging work environment
Graduate assistant Finance Department (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHOctober 21, 2015
The work as assistant of the chairman of the department of finance is flexible and challenging. It is required a deep understanding of financial markets and investment analysis in order to be able to correct assignments and participate in the department researches.
The dynamic of your work will require to be always willing to asume responsibilities like teaching or tutoring other students when the professors cannot assist to classes due to seminars or briefings.
Pros
Dynamic, fun, challenging
Cons
Seasonality of work volume, require a lot of learning by doing
Graduate Teaching Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green OhioOctober 16, 2015
Teachers and students enjoy a collegial atmosphere. Faculty makes use of innovative teaching and learning technologies.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Too much snow
Research Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowilng Green, OHOctober 6, 2015
Had the opportunity to learn a lot from the professor who was my supervisor, while still being able to contribute to helping with research.
Good place to live
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Instructor) (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 11, 2015
I like this place, it is beautiful and peaceful. And it is fun to work with other students and teaching assistant. I thought it is hard to work and study at the same time, but they did a great job help us balance between these two.
Sell 50/50 tickets during athletic events
Athletic Department Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 21, 2015
Sell 50/50 tickets during various athletic events. Interact with fans, parents, and athletic staff. Use electronic ticketing equipment.
Great Department but not the best University for which to work.
Spring Semester Geology Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 18, 2015
I enjoy working in the School of Earth, Environment, and Sustainability, Geology Department. I work as a part-time adjunct instructor in geology, teaching Intro to Geology, Earth Environments, and Life through Time. My time here has taught me a great deal about creating curricula and working as part of a larger team of educators.
My co-workers are all intelligent, supportive individuals and they are the best part of this position. I quite enjoy interacting with my students and cohorts.The schedule is reasonably fast paced when school is in session and I interact on a daily basis with varied members of society.
The greatest detriment to job satisfaction is the lack of adequate compensation for the assumed hours an instructor will work in a give semester. Additionally, there is no healthcare benefits package and instructor hours are kept artificially low to prevent the disbursement of any such benefits and compensation.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Compensation
Great place to learn the industry
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 2, 2015
My time at BGSU was spent learning and understanding the sports administrative industry and also collegiate athletics. It is important to understand that athletics takes a team of people that help to support the marketing, communications, grounds, operations, sponsorship, and game experiences for fans and corporate partners.
Its a nice place to work.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 1, 2015
I have great co-workers and a very supportive supervisor. This is a very collaborative environment. I work with a diverse group of people with in my college and across campus. We all work to serve the students everyday.
Knowledgeable and Research Oriented
Undergraduate Research Assistatship (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 1, 2015
The department of Psychology at Bowling Green State University is an Incredible place to work, with knowledgable and world-renowned staff who have published extensive amounts of research.
Make your own schedule
Trio Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 3, 2015
I loved tutoring, it was such a fun, rewarding way to work. You made your own schedule and worked at their pace. I was able to perfect my Spanish by teaching others.
Enjoyable and beneficial workplace environment
Intramurals Manager (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green State University, OhioApril 9, 2015
Working for intramural sports is always a good time. My fellow employees make it easy to go to work at 7pm and stay until about midnight each night. It can be difficult when we have to deal with very overly competitive participants but that also just makes things more interesting and challenging for us. It keeps us on our feet and ready for whatever comes next.
Bowling Green State University
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Life Science BuildingFebruary 27, 2015
The faculty are generally kind and knowledgeable, however they seem to be rather lax in the execution of their rules and regulations.
Productive and fun work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Being a graduate research assistant was a great experience. While going to graduate school can be a stressful time working with the university for different professors is a great way to be able to balance school and also working in the education field. Working with professors is a great way for masters students to be able to be more on the administrative side of the classroom.
Bgsu
Graduate Assistantship - Sport Management Dept. (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHDecember 12, 2014
BGSU allowed me to earn both of my Masters degrees by being a Graduate Assistant for the the Sport Management Department.
ITS Application Director
ITS, Director of Enterprise Applications (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OhioNovember 11, 2014
Responsible for directing the IT staff in the support, maintenance, enhancement and implementation of all enterprise applications at BGSU (Staff of 38)
• Collaborates with the VPs and Directors of all primary business offices to understand and evaluate all University priorities and the university strategic plan as they relate to IT initiatives.
• Created the IT Enterprise Application strategic planning including determining IT project priorities based on the university strategic plan.
• Authored, promoted and gained approval for a $1.5 million program to incorporate needed application upgrades but also including an initiative to re-engineer business process to provide business automation to the university (turn paper process into automated processes).
• Established communication standards and formats that are utilized to share project information with many different university audiences from the divisional VPs to the general University community.
• Manages the IT project pipe line by prioritizing projects, establishing timelines, determining resource needs and working with university executives to gain budget and priority approval and to ensure the delivery of projects on time and within budget.
• Responsible for the technology direction and application road map for the following: analytical reporting / data warehouse, ERP applications (PeopleSoft CSS/HCM/FMS), LMS, OnBase, SharePoint, CMS, web development (java) & academic applications.
• Built application road maps for all Enterprise Applications which include planning for application upgrades, infrastructure needs, and evaluating
  more... onsite vs. cloud presence.
• Manages a team of 5 managers and provide an environment in which I mentor the management team to move up to the next level by encouraging professional development and technical training.
• Participating in the CIO leadership program provided by the CIO magazine.
• Monitors and maintains the IT budget for application services.
• Established solid application change control procedures to ensure the stability of the Enterprise Applications.
• Provides excellent customer service for problem and incident management utilizing an ITIL framework.
• Implemented best practices for application development processes utilizing an Agile SDLC approach and a lean project management structure.
• Oversight for all IT application projects to ensure proper scope, timelines and resources are available to deliver a quality product.
• Participates in the evaluations of any new software products, review RFPs and jointly works with the purchasing department to negotiate final contract.
• Promotes a positive work environment by supporting team building initiatives through-out the year.
• In Fiscal Year 2013, the application development team delivered 22 major projects.
• Responsible for projects ranging in cost from $200,000 to $5 Million consisting of outside resources.
• Projects completed: established a data ware house approach utilizing: oracle database, database ETL, OBIEE reporting toolset and star schema data structures, completed 2 People Tool upgrades, implementation of adobe AEM as the selected CMS, established a 4 year application road map for the ERP applications, conducted an RFP to select as an implementation partner to execute on the ERP road map, created a program with 4 project work streams to evaluate all business processes and implement automated solutions and conducting an RFP to select an enterprise CRM application.
Pros
tuition fee waiver and great people
Cons
i have been unable to sell my home in wilmington, ohio - i am commuting.
Nice place to learn how to teach
Instructor and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHOctober 27, 2014
Many designed courses to help you improve your teaching skills. And you can get many practices for teaching various courses.
Great place to be
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 25, 2014
It's a great place to work, diverse, and always room for opportunity
benefits
Cons
economic situation
Great Job for Being Research Assistant
Graduate Assistant--Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 10, 2014
a research day at work
time-consuming but it worthy
professor is nice, not push hard.
Part-time instructor
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 3, 2014
Enjoyed the opportunity to interact with students who shared the same passion for aviation as I do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bowling Green State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3