Bowling Green State University

Bowling Green State University Employer Reviews

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHJuly 30, 2013
If it wasn't for my husband’s job relocating him I would still be with the University. I have nothing bad to say about BGSU. The staff that I worked with was all really helpful. My boss was very flexible and understanding.
Easy Going, But Efficient Workplace
Clerical Assistant, Office of Field Experiences (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHJuly 25, 2013
There was very little stress when completing an assignment or task because of the lax work environment, and because of the lax work environment people actually finished their work way before the deadlines.

I learned how to deal with understanding questions from students and professors over the phone, in person, and through e-mail. I also learned how – more... to understand Apple computers and their functions. I helped with the marketing department by creating attractive presentations through Powerpoint and other media. – less
Good graduate environment
Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHJuly 17, 2013
This is a typical school with a rigorous graduate program. There were many opportunities to increase knowledge and skills, but it was difficult to balance work and school.
productive and fun
I Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), utica, miJuly 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: quality of life
work load was identified and meet daily, however quality of life is not the best.
Nice Job well in school.
Video Operator/Classroom Assistant (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHJuly 9, 2013
Typically I would be helping teachers in the classroom with the AV equipment. It was a great job with understanding and helpful management. if I was still in school I would still be working there.
Excellent experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHJune 26, 2013
Working hands on with undergraduate students in Economics courses really reinforced my understanding of the subject, especially since I was an English major in undergraduate. The hours were very reasonable, and best of all tuition was paid for, and this was extra on top!
Being their for the young men on the team
Founder / President of Stick Chicks (Former Employee), Ice ArenaJune 10, 2013
Being a huge supporter of the hockey teams. I learned to be very outgoing . Making sure me and my fellow stick chicks were at every home game !
Great student affairs training.
Career Center Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHMay 30, 2013
BGSU provides a highly sought-after student affairs program in the College Student Personnel and Higher Education Administration fields.
grad student
TEACHING ASSIST (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHApril 17, 2013
Worked on my thesis while I attended classes and worked with 4-6th graders.
Great Campus, Rough Transition
History Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHApril 17, 2013
As a graduate assistant at BGSU, I have been fortunate to work closely with professors who are interested in my success as a scholar. The time that they put into student success reflects their commitment to their careers as educators.
The workload reflects the variety of skills that students are expected to acquire in their time at the university, and – more... are refined throughout the graduate career. Although at first the expectations can seem intimidating, the experience is well worth the effort. I have gained valuable experience as an instructor and a research assistant in my time at Bowling Green.
The campus is currently overhauling some of its faculty and graduate student policies (2013), causing abnormal stress for some professors and students, but after necessary changes are made, I expect that the campus environment will become less stressful. – less
Great experience gained
Chemist (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHApril 9, 2013
I got to utilize many types of equipment and machinery to gain hands on experience in the laboratory.
Fun yet high paced environment
Union Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHMarch 19, 2013
Pros: duties can differ day to day
Cons: some very late nights, high turnover due to student-based staff
Working alongside university students and full time staff in a professional/academic setting to ensure customer satisfaction in conferences and event production. This job demands a diverse set of attributes from an individual. For example in a typical day you may build a stage for a visiting congressman, design the lighting for a fashion show, or trouble – more... shoot computer problems during a student organization meeting. – less
My experience
Student Recruitment Team (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: i always smiled and has the opportunity to interact with people
Cons: never made a decent wage
Overall typical as a college and high school student. I worked hard and was able to balance my personal and work life. I just enjoyed working with both adults and youth
Information Technology Consultant and Trainer (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: employee-centered
Cons: promotion limited due to budget cuts
Highly productive environment full of highly educated supervisors.
The Hardest Part of the Job
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHDecember 24, 2012
To balance what was expected of me as an educator and to break the limitations set by them in order to provide my students with the best education that I could offer them.
Excellent opportunity to learn diverse, industry specific skills.
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHDecember 7, 2012
Pros: rapidly and constantly changing environment.
Cons: changing textbook industry.
Responsible for all areas (excluding textbooks and marketing) within the stores;financial operations, analysis, student employment, human resources customer service, accounting, cash office, purchasing, operational analysis, benchmarking, strategic planning and goal setting, safety and loss prevention, payroll administration, coordinating hiring, succession – more... planning, organizational development and employee training & development, fiscal oversight, bookstore operations management, financial analysis and budget development and administration. – less
Good Job
Web Developer/Designer (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHNovember 29, 2012
Learn a lot of information while working here and do a lot of websites and different designs
Productive and Serious learning environment
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHOctober 29, 2012
As a dispatcher, I keep track of maintience schedules, fuel, oil, and clean all the BGSU airplanes.
Better off finding something off campus
Parking (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHOctober 24, 2012
Pros: management could care less about anything you do
Cons: low pay, sporadic work schedules
Student employees are paid terribly. If you work here for over 2 years you wont get a raise above $8 an hour even if you are a good worker. There is absolutly no incentive to do anything but the bare minimum at BGSU.

Unless you find a job that allows you to transfer your skills to the real world you are wasting your time.
Productive learning Experience
Graduate Research (Current Employee), Bowling Green, OHOctober 15, 2012
Bowling Green University is a good learning institution. It offers quality education that prepares students to fit in to a competitive working environment in different sectors of the economy.