Bowling Green State University Employee Reviews

University Student at Bowling Green State University Art Galleries
Gallery Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHNovember 15, 2013
Order office or retail supplies, answer phones, issue and manage written correspondence, and set up or confirm appointments or event schedules with artists, vendors, clients or visitors

Speak to visitors about an artist or specific pieces on display, or answer questions about pieces or upcoming exhibitions or events
Always an adventure!
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHFebruary 7, 2014
My job consisted mostly of answering student questions about the course material and homework assignments, in addition to grading all student submissions. I worked with an amazing instructor and a second Teaching Assistant. We always had a ton of fun and there was never a dull moment.
Pros
When the students finally understand the material
Cons
Student e-mails
It is a good university if it is the right fit for the student.
Teaching/Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHOctober 2, 2013
Faculty is very helpful and want to see students succeed. If your interests are similar to those already in the program it is very beneficial. Make sure that you are a good fit before entering the program because, either way, it is going to be a lot of work and the faculty have high expectations.
Sell 50/50 tickets during athletic events
Athletic Department Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 21, 2015
Sell 50/50 tickets during various athletic events. Interact with fans, parents, and athletic staff. Use electronic ticketing equipment.
Its a nice place to work.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 1, 2015
I have great co-workers and a very supportive supervisor. This is a very collaborative environment. I work with a diverse group of people with in my college and across campus. We all work to serve the students everyday.
Great Department but not the best University for which to work.
Spring Semester Geology Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 18, 2015
I enjoy working in the School of Earth, Environment, and Sustainability, Geology Department. I work as a part-time adjunct instructor in geology, teaching Intro to Geology, Earth Environments, and Life through Time. My time here has taught me a great deal about creating curricula and working as part of a larger team of educators.
My co-workers are all intelligent, supportive individuals and they are the best part of this position. I quite enjoy interacting with my students and cohorts.The schedule is reasonably fast paced when school is in session and I interact on a daily basis with varied members of society.
The greatest detriment to job satisfaction is the lack of adequate compensation for the assumed hours an instructor will work in a give semester. Additionally, there is no healthcare benefits package and instructor hours are kept artificially low to prevent the disbursement of any such benefits and compensation.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Compensation
Great people to work with but poorly located
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHDecember 26, 2013
I worked there as a master's student, and was paid for research and teaching. I have met a lot of nice people in the Geology department. I only need to teach 2 class sessions a week, and you could repeatedly teach the class you are most familiar with.
Pros
Classes were easy to teach
Cons
Bad location, hard for networking
teaching assistant when pursuing Master's Degree
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 2, 2014
It was both interesting and helpful with my own study at Bowling Green University. My advisor was excellent. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to understand the application process to the program as well as learning how to avoid certain mistakes from the grading of homework.
Decent environment for the working college student
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 27, 2012
Working as a college student can be quite time consuming, but the BGSU work staff typicaly understand that school comes first. However, when it comes to socializing they want the job done even if your social life is compromised.
Pros
understanding about school
Cons
don't always take you seriously
Great Campus, Rough Transition
History Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 17, 2013
As a graduate assistant at BGSU, I have been fortunate to work closely with professors who are interested in my success as a scholar. The time that they put into student success reflects their commitment to their careers as educators.
The workload reflects the variety of skills that students are expected to acquire in their time at the university, and are refined throughout the graduate career. Although at first the expectations can seem intimidating, the experience is well worth the effort. I have gained valuable experience as an instructor and a research assistant in my time at Bowling Green.
The campus is currently overhauling some of its faculty and graduate student policies (2013), causing abnormal stress for some professors and students, but after necessary changes are made, I expect that the campus environment will become less stressful.
Excellent experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 26, 2013
Working hands on with undergraduate students in Economics courses really reinforced my understanding of the subject, especially since I was an English major in undergraduate. The hours were very reasonable, and best of all tuition was paid for, and this was extra on top!
Graduate Assistanship
Advisor, College of Business Career Accelerator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 17, 2014
Great working working environment. Worked in the College of Business Administration and developed great relationships with faculty, students, and employers to ensure that students were fully equipped for employment after graduation.
Productive and enjoyable work-space with all facilities provided.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 5, 2014
I have learned good team work, how to manage the databases using Toad for Oracle and also punctuality here at Institutional Research Office of BGSU.
Pros
Sufficient Breaks, sometimes free coffee or lunch is also provided.
Relaxed environment, almost too relaxed
Student Technology Assistant Center (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green OhioJune 16, 2014
This job experience felt very unprofessional overall and did not give me a proper chance to develop new capabilities to expand my potential.
Pros
relaxed dress code, employee appreciation picnics
Cons
unproductive environment
My experience
Student Recruitment Team (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHFebruary 5, 2013
Overall typical as a college and high school student. I worked hard and was able to balance my personal and work life. I just enjoyed working with both adults and youth
Pros
i always smiled and has the opportunity to interact with people
Cons
never made a decent wage
Make your own schedule
Trio Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 3, 2015
I loved tutoring, it was such a fun, rewarding way to work. You made your own schedule and worked at their pace. I was able to perfect my Spanish by teaching others.
Nice Job well in school.
Video Operator/Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 9, 2013
Typically I would be helping teachers in the classroom with the AV equipment. It was a great job with understanding and helpful management. if I was still in school I would still be working there.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 30, 2013
If it wasn't for my husband’s job relocating him I would still be with the University. I have nothing bad to say about BGSU. The staff that I worked with was all really helpful. My boss was very flexible and understanding.
Productive learning Experience
Graduate Research (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHOctober 15, 2012
Bowling Green University is a good learning institution. It offers quality education that prepares students to fit in to a competitive working environment in different sectors of the economy.
A very good manager
Tax Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 6, 2012
I loved to work as tax assistant at BGSU, the experience had helped along the way. As a student and a professional at the same time during that time , the experience helped me balance study and school at the same time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bowling Green State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3