Bowman Consulting Group

Bowman Consulting Group United States Employee Reviews

Great Survey Team
Party Chief (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 20, 2015
Liked working with all of the survey team members. They do a great deal of hard labor to make sure the project is finished right.
No loyalty to employees, poor business decisions, and lack of advancement!
Civil Engineer (Current Employee), VirginiaApril 13, 2015
This company struggles financially because of poor decisions by executive team and employees pay the price with constant lay offs without any concern for employee. No career advancement and favoritism is rampant especially when it comes to paid bonuses and any promotions if there are any. Lack of project diversity and they only care about bottom line and pushing projects out which creates a very poor work/life balance. Employees are treated like parts to a money making machine and not as people with families and other responsibilities and they expect loyalty and hard work, but when times get tough, they do not reciprocate to their employees. Benefits are ok, but 401k is lacking a solid company match. They promote their yearly bonus in their compensation package, but did not even give one for entire 2014 with no communication to employees about no bonus and why. Huge pay difference between upper management and rest of company. I was a manager and upper management would always look to replace employees behind their backs without even talking to employee about their performance or how to improve. Company communication is very poor from CEO all the way down. Think twice before signing on with this company!
The support staff was under apprciated
One of many former employees (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: lack of career advancement, lack of diversity, no sense of team within departments and departments do not work well together
I was with this company through some of its hardships, but I never received the compensation I was promised. I learned a lot at this position and enjoyed most of my coworkers. Now that I am at another company, I realized that I stayed too long waiting for it to get better.
Thangs changed alot over the years
OFFICE SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Bowman went from working out of a basement to 32 offices all over US.
DO NOT HIRE ON WITH THIS COMPANY
Surveyor party chief (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaMarch 9, 2014
Pros: management never follows through
Cons: work every day long hours no family life
Worked long and hard for this company, it's all about pushing a product, not about quality of work. Upper management does not care about the working man. Bowman just had a massive global lay off. Laid off all the good worker and kept the pot head. Bowman has a drug problem in the work place and a lack of safety
The old Bowman is gone!!!! Keep looking!
Engineer (Current Employee), Chantilly, VaDecember 20, 2013
Cons: it's all about acquisition and expansion!
The name of the game is, and has been, United States expansion! The old Bowman is gone. It went from a great local company to a big US company where all they care about is what city and state they will be in next month and in the years to come. Bowman forgot where he came from.
Good Company to work for
Party Chief/Crew Leader (Former Employee), chantilly vaMarch 21, 2012
Only reason I am not there is because I was laid off. Good company to work for.