Boxer Property Management Employee Reviews

Productive, canvassing, cold calling, B2B
Senior Leasing Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2016
On a typical day, I would check my salesforce leads and follow up on my cold calls. I would make 30-50 cold calls a day and also walk, drive B2B and talk with owners to transfer over to my office building.

I was the Senior Leasing Representative for Arizona and would give updates to my director who was in Colorado.
Pros
salary
Cons
no incentives on deals I brought in
Revolving Door
Senior Commercial Leasing Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2016
This is a good company to get experience. If you have any ambition then this is not the place for you. Work Monday through Friday 8:30 to 5:30.
Gain experience
Leasing Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2015
Can gain experience quickly, limited growth potential. Regimented with little autonomy. A fair amount of micromanagement. Teams and most people are great to work with.
Pros
Gain lots of experience, Work Teams usually great
Cons
Regimented workplace, limited autonomy
Privately owned company
Help Desk/IT Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Since it was a privately owned company, the compensation was really low compared to jobs that required similar work or experience.
A third rate place to work
Security Surveillance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2015
The place has a daily turn over of staff. They work their Security people as slaves. I was not getting a reprieve of even 6 hours to sleep and reach at home. Highly unprofessional and uneducated staff and executives, Have no idea of HR practices in a work place. A lot of shady activities are done by Security Officers. No work ethics as such.
Cons
A great company to get started in commercial real estate
Commercial Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Daily activities consisted of leasing and constructing new office buildings in the Galleria area. Worked closely with the managers and maintenance workers solving tenant issues. Most challenging issue, was when you are unable to accommodate a tenants request. Most enjoyable part of the job, was building lasting relationships with your tenants.
very corporate
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 28, 2014
I started off as a receptionist and a year later I was doing AR. My coworkers were all very great people to work with. The hardest part of my job was dealing with struggling tenants. Economy was crumbling and my tenants could no longer afford to pay their rents. Having to tell them we were unable to help them at times was very sad and hard to do.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people. being able to interact with my tenants and see them face to face.
Everyday was a different issue, different problem and a different billing situation. My typical day was doing deposits from a teller scan, speaking to tenants, emailing tenants about delinquency issues or concerns.
Pros
they had amazing vacation benefits
they just dont get it
manager (Current Employee) –  midwestDecember 18, 2012
Some good people at the company...potential managers study the boxer way of prop mgmt (which isnt really correct way or industry standard (boma/irem) and then take a test and you become a prop mgr with zero experience...not a good way...and i was told by in hoise legal counsel not to document items and told by a director not to log or speak about known mold issues and they own a bldg that is "hot" asbestos all over. I will refuse to work at that building. also they focus on qualitative approach of mgmt does your bldg meet boxer standard which again is not good mgmt...also they think their std is better than boma or irem and they think the toby award std is lower than theirs...NOT...employee
Pros
some good people
Cons
prefer not to list
Duties at Boxer Property
Account Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77024June 27, 2013
•Setup all leases (new, expansions, downsizes, transfers) from the system
•Posting cash and charging rent & fees
•Handle daily NSF checks, move outs, CPI’s, credit card transactions, and evictions
•Reviewed invoices and statements daily
•Prepare a weekly flash report for distribution to senior staff and other departments and reconcile the report monthly
A fun and productive place to work
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2015
overall it was a real good learning experience dealing with CCTV, Bosh panels and etc. boxer property was co-worker friendly also
I have enjoyed working at Boxer
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  HoustonApril 30, 2013
Boxer is a great place to work and I have learned a lot and have a lot of responsibility. They do things very differently from other companies. The company is very focused on systems and process.
Pros
lots of responsibility and a diverse work day.
Cons
the focus on process and systems can sometimes seem too much.
Forward thinking Commercial Real Estate firm
Leasing Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxOctober 28, 2012
Average median age for execs here is pretty young. They do a lot of things better than all other CRE firms. Lots of leases happening every month. Great company to break into CRE vertical,
Pros
advancement/ work, life balance
Cons
communication
Good business stratagey, but lacking employee relations
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2012
Highly motivated group with successful business practices. However, they treat their employees with little respect and seem to have a high turnover.
Pros
successful buisness stratagy
Cons
employee relations and benefits
Third Party Management Company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAApril 22, 2012
I was a working supervisor with hands on repair and preventative maintenance on entire 764,000 square foot mall. Supervised maintenance, grounds keeping and partial housekeeping departments. Supervised all contract workers.
Insurance is the only perk.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxNovember 14, 2012
Boxer needs to show some appreciation to all employees. There is high turnover due to being fired or people quit because upper management is clueless on how to deal with people.
Pros
insurance
Cons
you have to worry everyday about being let go.
Its a paycheck
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 23, 2012
Micro managed by unqualified accountants.Unrealistic goals and guidelines set forth due to inexperienced leadership.
Pros
get paid every two weeks
Cons
you will never advance or be compensated for a job well done
Unrealistic / poor pay
Controller / Accounting / HR coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mt. Crested Butte, COMay 12, 2014
Worked very long hours for pennies. The "corporate concept" is nothing short of a workplace bully atmosphere. Boxer has a real problem with taking a common sense idea or task and turning it into a catastrophic problem. You have no control over your department because 5 people will tell you something different every single day. If you prefer to work in a chaotic environment with dishonest upper management, then Boxer and their properties are right for you.
And PS....make sure you get their empty promises signed in blood - otherwise you will end up fired without pay.
Watch the title they give you - I was HR coordinator but was told to have NOTHING to do with HR....yet was responsible for the administration of all HR activities.

Their MO is hiring a bunch of outside consultants that have no clue how to run a hospitality business.
Watch out for this one - hire on at your own risk.
They want their managers on a salary so they can over work and under pay them.
Worst mistake of my life - working for this "crew."
Pros
i worked in the mountains
Cons
dishonest, long hours, horrible pay
Merit Awards
Commercial Property Manager (Current Employee) –  HartfordSeptember 9, 2014
Bonus and Each year Merit Award For Excellence
Management and Review of Staff
Budget Preparation
Establish and expedite Capital Projects
Long hours and entry level pay
HVAC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2014
Expected to keep antiquated equipment running with little support from management.
Pros
all makes and manufactures of hvac and related equipment
Cons
low pay.
Excellent place to work with good benefits and room for placement.
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2013
The most fun I have had working with this company. Got along great with my coworkers.

2.6