Boy Scouts of America Employee Reviews

Great programs to teach skills to teens and great work enviornment
Lifeguard (Seasonal) / Camp Councilor (Seasonal) (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Three meals a day provided.
Cons: Short breaks, low pay
The management at the camp facilities were great. The hardest part of the job would be the long hours, waking up early and going to sleep late to provide program, do paperwork, and other odd jobs. Working with the kids and helping them learn new life skills is the best part of the job. My co-workers were great and remain some of my most closest friends to this day.
Productive and fun temporary work for developing professionals.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Pottsborro, TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Meals and lodging included, Good cause, Fun
Cons: Long hours
I worked as the office manager at a summer camp. The job was fun, dynamic, and a great way to develop as a young professional. Job required working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and the ability to use computers and navigate new systems. Consisted mainly of data entry, customer service, phone skills, and keeping a working inventory of camp assets. Nature of employment requires staff to stay on camp with variable accommodations for 1-2 months in the summer. Staff is friendly, well trained, and provides invaluable character and skills development to young men in attendance.
Best Job ever.no pay!!!
Horsemanship Director (Former Employee), Snowville, VAAugust 30, 2015
Awesome job...best ever, just no pay whatsoever. A herd of horses at my fingertips, and 17,500 acres to roam around in. Free room and board, free cafeteria food. Great people!!!
Great work environment, you get to work on with that interests you and help young men grow.
Assistant Director - Muzzle-Loading Shooting Range (Former Employee), Payson, AZAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Free Shooting at all the ranges, always with friends.
Cons: Low pay for the work time.
A typical day would be clocking in at your work area around 7:30am. Working until 11:50, then break for lunch and then clock in again at 1:00 pm. You get to meet a lot of different people, both kids and adults. My co-workers were great to be with. The down side to it is that you are on call 24/6 technically and you get paid a little less than $200 a week. But room and board is free.
great place to work if you enjoy working with children
Executive/Learning for Life (Former Employee), Millsville, NJAugust 25, 2015
working for the boy scouts provided a great opportunity for young boys to experience camping and to learn life skills. I was in management and maintain a very cooperative staff. The most difficult part of the job was getting the parent on board with the program. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I bought joy to a lot of children who may not have other wise had the opportunity.
outdoor experience
District Executive (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: unrealistice Popcorn, membership and Friends of Scouting Goals
Working with BSA is allot of fun with the possibility of growing / advancing. What makes this job challenging are as follows: unrealistic popcorn sales , membership and Friends of Scouting Goals financial fundraising.

Other then that BSA is a great place to work.
Unrealistic Expectations
District Executive (Former Employee), Cleveland,OHAugust 19, 2015
Set higher goals for company than they have ever reached but hasn't hit a goal in past 3 years. Stuck using techniques from the 80s.
productive, team building atmosphere.
Junior Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Ogden, UTAugust 14, 2015
Pros: I was provided with room and board while I worked there
Cons: not the safest work inviroment
While I was working I would always feel safe, loved and at home with the staff that I worked with. The management was excellent, and my co-workers were amazing. I was able to learn and use new skills. It was just an all around good time. Although the pay is horrific. Its not the money you work for, its the experience.
Best Childrens program in the Nation
Cub Scout Round Table Commissioner (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 11, 2015
I am proud to be a part of this organization. I have volunteered in many positions for the Boy Scouts of American and will continue to do so. I like how they are there to help lead children into the right path in life.
Getting paid to do what most people spend their time doing on vacation.
Asst.High Adventure Dir. (Former Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Free room&board, getting paid to have fun
Cons: no breaks, injuries, disciplinary problem(s), unexpected problems, equipment malfunction(s)
Waking up before sunrise to prepare breakfast,still tired from being on alert the night before[24 hour(s) a day is typically required in these type(s) of job(s) to meet the supervisory role.].I learned that anything can happen at anytime.The management sometime(s) get(s) a little distracted from priorities but is functional.My coworker(s) were all caring,fun loving,respectful,individual(s).The hardest part of the job is realizing that the season is over.Also,it is difficult to have to live through and discipline the bad behavior of other(s).Some people just wont behave and be respectful,which often result(s) in accidental injury.The most enjoyable part of the job is participating in the fun activities.
Working at the Summit
Stadium Experience Team (Former Employee), Mount Hope, WVAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great Work Environment, fast paced, and lots of fun.
Cons: Can get overwhelming.
Summit-Bechtel is a new camp that was built by the Boy Scouts of America to be its fourth high adventure camp. With a price tag of over $100 million, Summit-Bechtel is truly an astounding place to work, with many different areas.

When I worked there at the 2013 National Jamboree, there were 50,000 participants from across the United States.

On the day of the first participant, we had to set up temporary metal fences and begin to line the path with staff where the participants would be arriving.

Once they began arriving, we would direct them to areas to be seated. We would direct lost scouts to a building where they could "try" and locate their group. After a few songs and a few speeches, we would put the process in reverse and organize everyone to leave in the same way so that the daily activities could begin in earnest.
Good summer job
High Adventure Climbing and Mtn Biking Instructor (Former Employee), UintasAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Outdoors, great co-workers
Cons: Seasonal, bureaucracy, demanded hours to pay
If your looking for outdoors, scouts, and seasonal summer job, this is the place. Uinta High Adventure Base was a good place to work with enjoyable staff good management, but don't expect time off or descent holiday.Though upper management beyond camp direction was unpleasant, the actual supervisor was great.
A great experience for youth and adults to come together every summer.
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Snohomish, WAAugust 2, 2015
The staff and co-workers are friendly and I would recommend this job for summer jobs or for people who cannot find work. Absolutely a great experience as a lifeguard and camp staff.
Busy, fun, serious
Communications/Mail Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2015
Boy Scouts of America is a very busy company, there is always something that has to be done. Everyone works as a Team. I learned that time is management and it must get done no matter what. we must make sure the customer walks away happy.
Challenging and requires alot nights and weekends but worthwhile
Merchandise Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 29, 2015
Pros: On site cafeteria and fitness room
I work throughout the day with various departments to make sure they have the products and custom merchandise they need for their individual projects. Everyone who works here is friendly and fun to work with.
GREAT place to work
Staff (Former Employee), Rutherfordton, NCJuly 25, 2015
I LOVED working for the Boy Scouts. I was a scout when I was a youth and now working for them is even better. I would recommend anyone to work for the BSA.
Fun place to work and learn new skills
Activity Coordinator (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 23, 2015
More hours and work than a typical job, but the rewards are great. Can be difficult to work with some volunteers and there seems to be more and more people over the years joining and wanting to do things their own way and not by the book.
Helping youth succeed is a very valuable mission; I'm proud to support BSA.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Helping youth succeed and become good citizens.
Cons: Much of the organization relies on volunteers and their time to further the program.
The best part of volunteering with Boy Scouts is seeing young men mature into responsible young leaders with solid ethics and life skills.
Everyone is very enjoyable to work with and the is a true friendship among all of the employees. The company pays employees very well.
Database Analyst (Student) (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 22, 2015
Exciting and different
Camp Staff Merit Badge Instructor (Former Employee), Nebo, NCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Liad back, fun
Cons: None
1.Teach survival skills to Boy Scouts