Boy Scouts of America

Boy Scouts of America Employer Reviews

Great experience.
Eagle Scout (Former Employee), Topeka, KSOctober 19, 2014
I learned a great deal during my time in Boy Scouts. I learned leadership and various other important skills, as well as met some of my best friends. I encourage all young males to take part in Boy Scouts.
not a job just an activity
Life Scout (Former Employee), all over americaOctober 18, 2014
not a job but a great program. I spent 12 years in the program and learned a lot
productive fun environment
COOK/KITCHEN WORKER (Former Employee), big bear city, californiaOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great people, fun times
Cons: no benefits, minimum wage pay, management faults
the workplace was fun and adventurous with all cultures of people. The daily routine was very structured but the overall job would be better with higher pay and benefits.
A very beautiful and fun place to work out in nature.
Kitchen Staff Employee (Former Employee), CAOctober 11, 2014
I enjoyed working in the kitchen and being able to see all the people that came through. My job was not easy, but it was very rewarding. The staff was so friendly and the compensation was awesome. The hardest park of my job was waking up early and dealing with frustrating co-workers, but that was a very rare occurrence. This was my overall most enjoyable – more... job, in which I learned the most from. – less
Enjoyable work enviroment
Archery Director (Former Employee), Fremont, NEOctober 7, 2014
The job was a temporary/seasonal job. A typical day consisted of setting up an archery range, teaching classes consisting of proper shooting fundamentals, safe handling and the proper care for the equipment. I also completed administrative tasks.

I learned how to manage paperwork and bigger groups of people as well as improved my communication skills.

The – more... co-workers and management were all easy-going and enjoyable to be around. They were all understanding and willing to pitch in to help resolve any situation that came up. – less
Boy Scouts of America
Scout Executive (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: jobs advancement throughout the country.
Cons: constant pressure to accomplish goals.
Great organization to work for. Advancement opportunities. Extremely goal oriented. Need to be outgoing and able to multi-task.
A great place to spend the summer
Program Director (Former Employee), Lake of the Ozarks Scout ReservationOctober 2, 2014
Seasonal work with free room and board for the duration of the summer.
love it
Volunteer Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2014
had a great experience volunteering. wouldn't mind doing it again
Great experence for over 100 years
Assit Scout Master / Unit Commissioner (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: the best life experience and journy anyone could experence.
Cons: wish there was a way to keep up with the fast passed changes in our youths world.
Been involved in Scouting as a youth since 1958 and as an adult since 1075. The values Boy Scouting brings to youth is un-compared.
The opportunities available to anyone in scouting is what ever you want it to be.
I've severed as Scoutmasters, Quartermasters, staffed two National Jamborees and lead youth on high adventure outings to some of the best – more... places in the country.
Fully trained myself, I've helped train others to increase the quality of adult scouters interacting with youth. – less
Volunteer Position - extremely rewarding
Boy Scout Committee Chairman (Former Employee), Florence, AZSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: helping boys reach their potential
Cons: not all boys or parents valued the program
Helping young men learn new skills and advance in the BSA program. Any question I had or additional assistance was provided by the Grand Canyon Council. I trained other leaders, followed up and through with parent concerns.
enjoy work with the volunteers to sing them up for activities and camping.
Receptionist/Customer Service (Current Employee), Redlands, CASeptember 21, 2014
Data inputting, Filling,Answering Phone,Making copiers, Taking payments.
Good Orrganization but it is only as good as the people who serve in it.
Executive Performance (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: lack of promotions
Gave Leadership to a small team
Working with Volunteers
Recruiting youth and adults
Great management team, and a fun job environment
Climbing Instructor (Former Employee), McCall, IDSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: place to live, 3 meals a day, fun environment
Cons: low pay, and long hours
A typical day at work was waking up at 7am and going to bed with lights out at 11. Meals are planned and prepared for you by the cooking staff, and depending on what merit badge you are teaching depends on your duties; however, everyone shares those duties.

I learned a lot about patience, and working with people you may not necessarily like which was – more... great experience towards the end. Everyone was usually a great crew and quite fun to work with, wouldn't have had it any other way.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to teach kids something I loved, while being in the beautiful mountains. – less
wonderful organization, teaching kidsto be better citizens and providing them with relevent life skills and experiences
Pack 73 Cub Master (Former Employee), Chatsworth, GASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: wonderfully fulfilling
Cons: a volunteer position, so no pay
the average day as a Scout leader we supervised upwards of 60 children taught them in smaller groups with the help of other adult leaders and assistant leaders. As Cub Master I developed the program with monthly and weekly meetings. I managed the other leaders and filled in for them when one of them had to be absent. While in this position the most – more... enjoyable part of this was working with the children in an outdoor environment. The hardest part was having to recruit new leaders as the current leaders would either prove unable to perform the job or no longer desired to do so. I learned a lot about leadership, time management fund raising, and teaching. – less
Camp Director (Former Employee), Cimarron New MexicoSeptember 3, 2014
Hard work but always rewarding and a place to learn a lot. Philmont is a great place to learn lots of skills and specifically learn how to lead and work in a team.
Fun and productive work environment working with youth
Director of Handycraft (Former Employee), Clare, MISeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free room and board, wonderful environment
Cons: not well paying
A typical day was the camp environment of preparing for the day and what the scouts where going to learn and make it fun and exciting for them. I learned to plan what was going to be done that day and how to be responsible for not only my actions but for the action of what those i was over and responsible for. Management was fun and exciting, always – more... having motivational meeting with the whole staff. Co-workers where great and easy to get along with, and environment of fun. the hardest part of the job was having to some times be the bad guy to the younger scouts who just wanted to play and joke around. The most enjoyable part was being able to have youth come the the area and watch and help them grow and discover their potential. – less
I loved EVERYTHING about this place
Press/Bindery Operator (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 29, 2014
I learned most of my printing skills here and this place was why I loved the printing industry so much! Excellent training and HR and everyone in this organization was outstanding!
A good place to work
Custodian (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 28, 2014
Pros: i liked the relaxed part of working
Cons: that is was only part time
I cleaned conference rooms, restrooms, halls, walls, windows, and walk the trail they have to pick up the trash. Then at the end clean up the equipment.
I learned that I was getting tiered of doing the cleaning.
Management was good
I was the only custodian.
The hardest part was this one conference room carpeted floor was being suborn to clean.
The most – more... enjoyable part was that I could work around all the people. – less
Very Good
Shooting instructor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2014
I have served with Boy Scouting for five years at three different Scout Camps as shooting instructor. I have been a Shooting instructor for the Boy Scouts of America for the Past Four Years at the different Scout Camps in the Greater Salt Lake Council in the state of Utah. I have had experience with
BSA offers field sales positions called executives
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Redlands, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: organize your own schedule and not inside most of the day.
Cons: losts of day and evening meetings.
The responsibilities are as broad as the tasks are varied, and no two days are the same for a typical Scouting district executive. No matter where they work, in the city, the suburbs, or the countryside, one thing is for certain—this is anything but a "cubicle" job.

I found the job for the last 14 years to be fun and challenging. The position requires – more... extensive product knowledge, sales skills, and the ability to inspire others. Most things can be learned in training or through the online portals call MyScouting.

The management of the profession is goal oriented and often focused on membership and fundraising goals. This is very common for all non-profits.

I loved the ability to organize my own schedule, meet with volunteers and community leaders and work together for a common purpose.

Recent college grads would find the position very appealing and challenging. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Boy Scouts of America

Scouts enter dens as Tigers and eventually take flight as Eagles. Boy Scouts of America (BSA), one of the nation's largest youth – Read more

Boy Scouts of America Photos