Boyd Bros. Transportation Employee Reviews in United States

Very good company to work for. Clean environment, friendly faces, & new trucks every 3 yrs.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 22, 2016
There are ups & downs on every job but traffic in crowded areas is the worse. I got used to it & adjusted well. I became an even more safe & efficient driver as time passed. The management was great but the best part of the job was the paycheck.
Pros
Freedom of the road
Cons
Being away from family
Skip this company
Driver (Former Employee) –  AlabamaApril 5, 2016
Boyd is probably not the flatbed company you're looking for. Upper management and the administrative staff look down their noses and are very condescending toward the drivers. My impression is the drivers are looked upon as little more than trained monkeys. It is apparent Boyd has little regard for drivers as evidenced by the orientation: substandard meals, disorganized topic presentation, unpleasant facilitators, and inconveniently located accomodations. In addition, the pay is among the lowest in the industry and benefits are expensive for a family. The sign on bonus program is a joke, paid out over many, many months, while the referral bonus is even more laughable. The turnover rate is 100% which is to be expected considering the fact that the only thing not deducted from your check is the chaplain service. They want perfect securement and tarping but only pay $26.00 per load. I apologize for not giving more specifics about my own experience, but I do not want to be "black listed" by Boyd which they have been accused of doing by several drivers I know.
Pros
Blue Cross Health Insurance
Cons
Something not right about the administrative staff
Family Oriented
RECEPTIONIST/ADMIN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Clayton, ALJune 15, 2015
Company claims to be family oriented and they are if it is involving the family of one of the VPs or the owner. Everyone that works there is trying to find a new job.
Boyd Brothers Transportation is an A-1 company with Great pay/Benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Clayton, ALApril 6, 2012
A day at work with Boyd is more of a laid back kind of operation.They allow you to drive without hassle.I learned how to be independent as a company driver.My management skills has improved during the time I was employed with the in transacting business with all customs.The co-workers were friendly and helpful.The hardest part of the job was when I had to work in inclimate weather(snow,ice,heavy rain and etc).The most enjoyable part of the job was days just driver from city to city and enjoy seeing the different types of scenery.
Fast pace work enviroment great equipment
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Clayton, ALJuly 9, 2012
Loading and unloading of equipment and productsa for customers. great customer service is the best service....management of the company ok very close net company with open floor policy.some co workers ok but some think they run the company. everyday travel of traffic and enviroment would be the hardest part of my job.the smile and pride of the on time delver and costomer satisfaction of products...
Pros
great equipment, decent pay, enjoyment of travel
Cons
home time, afther hours management
Great Company!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Clayton, ALApril 17, 2012
Great company to work for, they treat you like family & will do all they can to help you succeed.

2.6