Boyd Gaming Corporation Employee Reviews

Boyd Gaming is a Good Place to Work
M.I.S Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dont Remember the AddressNovember 29, 2017
I worked many years for Boyd Gaming I.T., it was a rewarding experience. I got to work with some of the best tech's in the industry, and learn to use cutting edge technology.
Pros
Good Workplace to be in/
Cons
Sometimes hours were long but that came with the territory.
Stable workplace
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2017
I was impressed that so many employees have stayed with Boyd for decades, a sign that for the stability-minded this might be a great place to work. Average salaries seem to be on the low side, however.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Employee cafeteria unhealthy
Slot Tech Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2017
Very different culture. The culture at Boyd Gaming supports individuals. Once at Boyd Gaming in management, you had more visibility than at any other corporation. Boyd seriously looks to advance current team members first.
Pros
advancement
Cons
Boyd pays slightly below average
I enjoy working at Boyd Gaming Corporation.
part time Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 30, 2017
Go about the duties of a Security Officer. Usually different duty stations each workday. One is customer service first. Security Officer duties are required always. Our presence is a deterrent and when necessary, we may be called upon to escort individuals off of our property.
We oversee the safety of our guests and ensure they have a wonderful time while visiting our property.
My manager is fair, pleasant,and expects you to perform professionally when on the job. No complains about my manager.
I do not have a "Hardest part of the job". The most enjoyable is interacting with the customers and my fellow workers.
Pros
We have free breakfast food, bread, milk, chocolate milk, sodas. A variety of vendings machine. A deli to purchase food at a discount. Good benefits.
Cons
None for me.
Stressful place to work
Ticket Writer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2017
They don’t care for there employees they will fire you and have no reason . They never want to move up in-house always hiring out source to take higher positions instead of giving it to someone who deserves it .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stress
I enjoyed working here...
Line Cook-F&B (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILOctober 14, 2017
I love my job. I always will love that job. I enjoyed everyone who worked there and there silly smiles and there hilarious selves they are fun people to work with if I had of worked there much longer I would have had so much fun.
Pros
Awesome staff...
Cons
They need to know who I am as a person.
Decent place to start gaining expierience
SR PC TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2017
Decent place to start gaining experience. The upper Management team is great they just don't pay well as other casino IT departments. My co-workers were some great people.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
PTO and advancement opportunities
Hospitality Industry
Executive Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2017
The best leadership ever worked in any casino environment, Management was sensitive for all employee needs and interests, The company was with well defined mission, goals and objectives. employees were treated with lot of respect. team working environment was second to none in like casino. The corporate level support to the local level casinos was outstanding
Pros
Best leadersship
Cons
Training was not as clear as it could be.
Managers are all loving.
Specialty Server (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSSeptember 11, 2017
Everyone works well with eachother.
The managers make sure everyone is happy and all the staff are doing what they need to be doing.
The company as a whole loves their employees and will often give us alot of rewards.
ok
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2017
its a good place to work if you are related to someone there for advancement, but over all if your ok with maintaining your starting position it is good.
No review
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILAugust 30, 2017
Boyd gaming was a great place to work although I did get laid off it took less than two days for them to call me back and give me an alternate position.
challenging
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 25, 2017
As a Hostess/cashier my job kept me on the move, but learning different areas in the beverage/food service kept me on my toes with customer service, learning how each customer needed to be treated and remembering their names and faces producing better recognition and tips for myself.
Loved working at main street station/the california
Bconnected Attendant/Slot Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2017
Started off as a Bconnected Attendant and then got promoted to Slot Floor Supervisor. Awesome managers in the slot and slot marketing department. Always fun yet fast paced. My coworkers were the best. If I ever have to move back to vegas, boyd gaming will be the first company I apply to. They treat you like family. Enjoyed my time with them and still keep in touch with my coworkers till this day. :)
Pros
Free lunches, Employee appreciation days, Employee drawings and raffles, Hour lunch breaks
Not a happy place
Strategic Sourcing Specialist, Procurement (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2017
They talk the talk about the family atmosphere at Boyd and "Boyd Style" meaning integrity, appearance, team work etc. They do not live up to this. Some of the managers are terrible, dishonest and totally self serving. They have methodically cut employee benefits in the last several years.
Lack of opportunity/compensation
Design Manager (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAAugust 14, 2017
If you enjoy being stressed everyday by unorganized management, and receiving a 1% raise each year, this is the company for you. This could be a great place to work, but the entire structure needs an overhaul. Unqualified people with no experience in design are the ones who run the show.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Poor compensation
Over all a good place to work
Accounts Payable/Inventory ControlSupervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2017
There was a good and clean working environment. My supervisors were fair, decipline wise. The month end closing was a very stressful time. Sometimes long hours.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Some days were too long
Very easy job, had to quit for college
Valet (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJuly 11, 2017
This job was very easy, the people and management were very pleasant to work with and talk to, and so long as i wasn't at the register i could play games or watch TV on my phone while we weren't moving cars.
Pros
Chill job with lots of breaks
Cons
interfered with school
Half and half. Slow at times fast at others
Bell Person (Former Employee) –  Michigan city indianaJune 24, 2017
Job was good but one of two of my supervisors were unfit for the position mentally. He liked to belittle people and call them names. Brakes were good free if not dirt cheap meals.. And actuallt good meals. I wasnt full time so didnt recieve PTO. Or benifits. But they were offered to full time/part-time employees. Decent hours about 20-25 a week as a on call-steady extra. Lime the job as a whole over all.
Pros
Good brakes, staff, and overall job. And tips are good
Cons
Very strict and sometimes outrageous rules.
Lot of experience because you are over worked and under paid
INTERNAL AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2017
I learned a lot at Boyd because they expect a lot. There is a very high turnover because they over qualify you and basically hand you over to someone who will pay and treat you right. The recent tone at the top has been cut cost at any cost; under pay employees, deny maternity leave benefits, condense jobs, cut health options and retirement contributions.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Benefits and Compensation
busy work environment.
Casino Porter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89145June 10, 2017
Even though it is a interesting place to work, the smoke environment and loud music are not a plus and if you like rude customers and gambling. it is the place for you. also advancement in your field is almost non-existence.
Pros
good insurance, pay is not bad.
Cons
smokey environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boyd Gaming Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.