Boyd Gaming Corporation

Boyd Gaming Corporation Employer Reviews

A excellent employer
WesternEmporium Manager/Slot Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), las vegas, nevadaJune 26, 2014
Pros: excellent career
Cons: constant relocation
I received promotions and eventually became a member of the management team
TERRIBLE PLACE TO BE EMPLOYED!!!!
Casino (Former Employee), Mulvane, KSApril 21, 2014
This place, is by FAR the most god awful place I've ever been employed (yes, even worse than my high school fast food jobs)

I learned absolutely nothing from this place, other than the fact that I refuse to enter another casino for the rest of my human existance. It's a depressing, unmotivating place, that literally sucks you into it's vast amount – more... of negativity, fueled by the "clicky" staff with the mentality of a high school drama fest.

The co-workers were okay, but only in YOUR department.. just don't dare venture to another department, you would be literally stared at like "what are you doing here" type of thing. Most people here lack any sort of social and communication type skill, which you would think would flurish in such an environment.

Management was an absolute joke, they had no supervisory skills, NO communication skills, and were literally puppets with a new set of rules posted every single day. AND if you so happened to not follow the new "rule" of the day, you would be disciplined! In fact, management didn't even truly know the rules considering they changed every day at will..

Honestly, don't work here.. find a REAL job that treats their employees with respect, and dignity that they deserve.. no one deserves to be treated the way the KANSAS STAR CASINO treats their employees.. hopefully management possibly went back to obtain their high school diplomas, or even a G.E.D.? Hope this was helpful!

Cheers:) – less
Suncoast casino the worst
Cocktail server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, nvApril 4, 2014
Pros: pto for vacation and free lunch.
Cons: bad healthcare benefits.
I worked at the Suncoast for 8 years, in 2006 Boyd gaming owned it and the casino begins to go down, low quality food, no compensing costumers as they get used to with the previous owner, the management it's horrible, my coworkers and I complained about her attitude in HR but they never did nothing, those king of supervisor are the one who pick on you – more... without a reason even if you are a good worker.
It's a lot of favoritism with employees there, no encourage to employees to make a good work day and supervisors with miserable attitude that make you work day a bad day! – less
Its 2014 not 1954
chef (Former Employee), Michigan City, INMarch 7, 2014
Cons: outdated ideals
I was the most qualified. I was liked by the chefs. I was basically told I had the job then discriminated against because I have a medical marijuana card ;( Their loss... I am creative, hardworking, loyal and great at what I do.
Great people outside of the surveillance department.
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee), Shreveport, LADecember 19, 2013
Pros: human resource staff is great
Cons: too many to list (surveillance department)
I'm going to start this off by saying that the people I came across outside of the surveillance department were great. However, the people who work in the surveillance department in Shreveport often find the need to talk down about other employees who work on the casino floor. If you are a certain race in this department you will have to put up with – more... smart or nasty comments/ insinuations and you will be made to look like a liar (especially if you have an education). My experience here wasn't a pleasant one. Boyd corporation needs to actually make sure the state police is watching the surveillance department as well, because something's that occurred should have raised some red flags in upper management. I could go on, but if your are a minority I wouldn't apply to this department in Shreveport because the employees who have been there a long time still have the mentality that the south shall rise again. – less
Very depressed workplace
vip rep (Former Employee), robinsonville,msOctober 9, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: busy very slow
I worked in the marketing dept. Sam's Town will have you doing multiple jobs at a very low pay. Management is horrible. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worse enemy. Not to mention all the hateful and jealous coworkers. You can't advance with this company if you not a certain color.
Excellent Company to work for
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: meeting people and perks
Cons: slow season
I worked here for several years. I learned a lot and enjoyed my time there.
Their statement is to help to promote within but many of their values not followed
Busperson (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NV.September 13, 2013
Pros: free food and paid lunch hour if working over 6 hrs, otherwise just half hr.
Cons: no breaks after lunch time used, often workload is more than can be handled by 1.
Only applies to the California Hotel & Casino, since there is no culinary union they do with their employees as they please and even the human resources lady on property knows little about their rules and careless for finding out and just says whatever she thinks it is without finding the right info, corporate website says one think she does not care – more... hear or to know about it, managers have their preferred people that do whatever they want and since there is no union again as employee better don't say anything or might get statement advising if it's not ok for you, you can go home, get hire to be on call forever even when they need personnel and rather get more outside to be on call than to give full time jobs, employees is common to see 1-2 years or longer on-call before getting full time jobs, they said that if in your 90 days after you decide to seek a different position within the property they welcome your desire to learn and with their support is possible... well it does not happen like that, they list jobs that do not follow up on filling up position for months, some have been there for so many years that they have forgotten how to deliver great customer service but since they have been there so long that no one tell them anything, since they allow employees to gamble while on break or after shift, many have gambling issues. They keep cutting benefits and at times they have you working 2 jobs for the same pay.
If you enjoy providing genuine great customer service, this property caters mainly to hawaiian visitors and you can tell that they do really appreciate real customer service, not like the service you recently see in Vegas that if you tip good they smile if no good tip or no tip, they help you in bad mood, which again this property also have a lot of them, and managers just pressure the new on call people to deliver outstanding customer service but the old employees seem exempt of that, only a few still delivering that experience. – less
Coat Check Attendant yuck!
Coat check attendant (Former Employee), Michigan city, inAugust 27, 2013
Pros: free salad bar at lunch
Cons: everything
I worked coat check and was treated bad by the house keeping supervisor Mary. Sometimes she liked us and sometimes she didn't. I was left at coat check for 7 hours without a bathroom break because she told us we could not call anymore for releaf, she would send someone. Well she was getting in trouble for leaving us so she didn't want the captain to – more... know anymore. I was also the only one in coat check for like three hours on New Years. It was horrible! I don't recommend this job! – less
A decent company to work for
Direct Marketing Supervisor (Current Employee), Kenner, LAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches, limited growth opportunities
Cons: poor compensation
Boyd Gaming is not known for the best compensation, but it is a relatively lax environment, and there are some opportunities for growth, depending on your career path.
boyd is not a good company to work for.
engineer (Former Employee), OrleansJuly 6, 2013
Pros: nothing good
Cons: dead end
The facility dicrector is very arrogant an not professional. Also seniority dont count for anything there an there pay very low. So if i had any advice for the people do not waste your time there.
Ok but not ok
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSMay 26, 2013
Pros: health insurance/benefits
Cons: low pay, business is slow, poor management, stressful, no teamwork, too many jobs assigned to 1 person
When I started working for this company I thought it was a nice job until I start noticing favoritism. The management of the hotel department is awful. They do not care about their employees, just as long as the job gets done they do not care how it get done nor how long. There's no such thing as team work in the hotel department. Your PTO's are very – more... hard to get, you might put your request in first but the person after you might get it. Your job title might say Clerk II Hotel or Front Desk Clerk but you will be doing 4 or 5 other jobs. Housekeeping, PBX Operator, Bellman, answering maintenance radio calls etc. You will hardly ever have a set schedule. You will never get off on time. Supervisor is very rude along with the hotel department manager. Also the business at Sam's Town is extremely slow. This company is more of a casino that cater to the elderly. – less

June 3, 2013

FORMER employee of Boyd in Las Vegas and what you stated is typical Boyd style. They don't pay well and do add numerous responsiblities without compensation. They are NOT a good company to work for.

Struggling to raise a family in a precarious corporate culture
(All aspects of the gaming industry) (Former Employee), IllinoisApril 24, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, pto, vacation, for the most part great people
Cons: letting people go is a priority in tough economic times, rather than look for cuts elsewhere; i.e., promotions or f & b
I was one of the most knowledgeable and respected members of the team, enjoying six promotions or parallel transfers with raises in eight years. My position was eliminated three different times, and I believe it was more than a coincidence. Pretty difficult to prove that, though. Twice it was done through property management, and once through the corporate – more... office. Very disappointed with the corporation as a whole and would caution anyone trying to advance their career in the gaming industry to understand that there are great opportunities with other organizations who truly value relationships and operate with integrity, two cornerstones of the Boyd philosophy at which they have failed. – less
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2013
Pros: health care premium low
Good work employee benefit specially health care with low premium. Very friendly atmosphere with low stress.
Application Lead - CMS Systems Development (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2012
Worked in IT with a solid team of professionals with opportunities to advance in a supportive environment. Plenty of challenges with recognition of effort and management support.

Boyd Gaming Corporation Photos