Boyd Gaming Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Job if They Maintain a Full Staff
Support Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2018
I had to quit this job because the management refused to hire enough employees to adequately handle the work load. We would have a backlog of calls 15 deep for the entire day, with dozens of callers quitting every half hour. These conditions would last from when the day shift started to shortly after it ended. This amount of work was left to a team of about 4 people, even though we had room in the office for 12.
Good pay
Kansas Star Casino (Current Employee) –  Mulvane, KSJanuary 4, 2018
Its a fun atmosphere where you get to have fun with patrons while being in a relaxed atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be working on holidays and weekends.
Pros
everyday is different
Cons
You work every holiday and weekend.
Productive and fun atmosphere
Buffet Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2018
Very professional place from both team members and management. Good incentives. Great atmosphere to work. Attracted great clientele. Very liberal on meal policies. Management very accessible to employee needs. Excellent training program
Pros
Good health insurance and positive atmosphere
Cons
Lack of direction from upper management
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2018
The hardest part of the job is trying to get clear instruction from my boss. If there's no definite vision, it is difficult knowing what needs to be done.
all of thye fellow employees were extremely helpfullmeveryday.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  kenner, la.December 29, 2017
my employment at boyd gaming was a structured and pleasant work experience. it was agood company to work for. every day at work was a different work experience.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
each shift on was on my feet at a post.
Not a good place to work
Sr. Systems Analyst /SQLDBA Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2017
Very 1975 They don't care about there employees. there " Boyd Style " Is worse then most Casinos. Management is very not technical.

HR is very outdated and there are a lot of uneducated people in positions that they are not qualified for.
Pros
Pay was good, the people were nice
Cons
No Leadership No vision
Good location to work at
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2017
Loved working at Boyd Gaming. Felt being treated great and well respected. We had a great team and great management. Would certainly recommend working there.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Nice place to work to many changes
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  9090 Alta dr. Las Vegas NV 89109December 14, 2017
Love to work when all my life has been working.try to stay home but not for me. Boydgaming is a nice place to work if their weren't to many Bosses and not enough communication.
Pros
Small property and know everyone by name
Cons
Too many Bosses
Boyd Gaming is a Good Place to Work
M.I.S Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dont Remember the AddressNovember 29, 2017
I worked many years for Boyd Gaming I.T., it was a rewarding experience. I got to work with some of the best tech's in the industry, and learn to use cutting edge technology.
Pros
Good Workplace to be in/
Cons
Sometimes hours were long but that came with the territory.
Stable workplace
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2017
I was impressed that so many employees have stayed with Boyd for decades, a sign that for the stability-minded this might be a great place to work. Average salaries seem to be on the low side, however.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Employee cafeteria unhealthy
Slot Tech Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2017
Very different culture. The culture at Boyd Gaming supports individuals. Once at Boyd Gaming in management, you had more visibility than at any other corporation. Boyd seriously looks to advance current team members first.
Pros
advancement
Cons
Boyd pays slightly below average
I enjoy working at Boyd Gaming Corporation.
part time Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 30, 2017
Go about the duties of a Security Officer. Usually different duty stations each workday. One is customer service first. Security Officer duties are required always. Our presence is a deterrent and when necessary, we may be called upon to escort individuals off of our property.
We oversee the safety of our guests and ensure they have a wonderful time while visiting our property.
My manager is fair, pleasant,and expects you to perform professionally when on the job. No complains about my manager.
I do not have a "Hardest part of the job". The most enjoyable is interacting with the customers and my fellow workers.
Pros
We have free breakfast food, bread, milk, chocolate milk, sodas. A variety of vendings machine. A deli to purchase food at a discount. Good benefits.
Cons
None for me.
Stressful place to work
Ticket Writer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2017
They don’t care for there employees they will fire you and have no reason . They never want to move up in-house always hiring out source to take higher positions instead of giving it to someone who deserves it .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stress
I enjoyed working here...
Line Cook-F&B (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILOctober 14, 2017
I love my job. I always will love that job. I enjoyed everyone who worked there and there silly smiles and there hilarious selves they are fun people to work with if I had of worked there much longer I would have had so much fun.
Pros
Awesome staff...
Cons
They need to know who I am as a person.
Decent place to start gaining expierience
SR PC TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2017
Decent place to start gaining experience. The upper Management team is great they just don't pay well as other casino IT departments. My co-workers were some great people.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
PTO and advancement opportunities
Hospitality Industry
Executive Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2017
The best leadership ever worked in any casino environment, Management was sensitive for all employee needs and interests, The company was with well defined mission, goals and objectives. employees were treated with lot of respect. team working environment was second to none in like casino. The corporate level support to the local level casinos was outstanding
Pros
Best leadersship
Cons
Training was not as clear as it could be.
Managers are all loving.
Specialty Server (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSSeptember 11, 2017
Everyone works well with eachother.
The managers make sure everyone is happy and all the staff are doing what they need to be doing.
The company as a whole loves their employees and will often give us alot of rewards.
ok
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2017
its a good place to work if you are related to someone there for advancement, but over all if your ok with maintaining your starting position it is good.
No review
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILAugust 30, 2017
Boyd gaming was a great place to work although I did get laid off it took less than two days for them to call me back and give me an alternate position.
challenging
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 25, 2017
As a Hostess/cashier my job kept me on the move, but learning different areas in the beverage/food service kept me on my toes with customer service, learning how each customer needed to be treated and remembering their names and faces producing better recognition and tips for myself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boyd Gaming Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.