Boyd Gaming Corporation Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working here...
Line Cook-F&B (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILOctober 14, 2017
I love my job. I always will love that job. I enjoyed everyone who worked there and there silly smiles and there hilarious selves they are fun people to work with if I had of worked there much longer I would have had so much fun.
Pros
Awesome staff...
Cons
They need to know who I am as a person.
Decent place to start gaining expierience
SR PC TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2017
Decent place to start gaining experience. The upper Management team is great they just don't pay well as other casino IT departments. My co-workers were some great people.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
PTO and advancement opportunities
Hospitality Industry
Executive Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2017
The best leadership ever worked in any casino environment, Management was sensitive for all employee needs and interests, The company was with well defined mission, goals and objectives. employees were treated with lot of respect. team working environment was second to none in like casino. The corporate level support to the local level casinos was outstanding
Pros
Best leadersship
Cons
Training was not as clear as it could be.
Managers are all loving.
Specialty Server (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSSeptember 11, 2017
Everyone works well with eachother.
The managers make sure everyone is happy and all the staff are doing what they need to be doing.
The company as a whole loves their employees and will often give us alot of rewards.
ok
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2017
its a good place to work if you are related to someone there for advancement, but over all if your ok with maintaining your starting position it is good.
No review
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILAugust 30, 2017
Boyd gaming was a great place to work although I did get laid off it took less than two days for them to call me back and give me an alternate position.
challenging
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 25, 2017
As a Hostess/cashier my job kept me on the move, but learning different areas in the beverage/food service kept me on my toes with customer service, learning how each customer needed to be treated and remembering their names and faces producing better recognition and tips for myself.
Loved working at main street station/the california
Bconnected Attendant/Slot Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2017
Started off as a Bconnected Attendant and then got promoted to Slot Floor Supervisor. Awesome managers in the slot and slot marketing department. Always fun yet fast paced. My coworkers were the best. If I ever have to move back to vegas, boyd gaming will be the first company I apply to. They treat you like family. Enjoyed my time with them and still keep in touch with my coworkers till this day. :)
Pros
Free lunches, Employee appreciation days, Employee drawings and raffles, Hour lunch breaks
Not a happy place
Strategic Sourcing Specialist, Procurement (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2017
They talk the talk about the family atmosphere at Boyd and "Boyd Style" meaning integrity, appearance, team work etc. They do not live up to this. Some of the managers are terrible, dishonest and totally self serving. They have methodically cut employee benefits in the last several years.
Lack of opportunity/compensation
Design Manager (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAAugust 14, 2017
If you enjoy being stressed everyday by unorganized management, and receiving a 1% raise each year, this is the company for you. This could be a great place to work, but the entire structure needs an overhaul. Unqualified people with no experience in design are the ones who run the show.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Poor compensation
Over all a good place to work
Accounts Payable/Inventory ControlSupervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2017
There was a good and clean working environment. My supervisors were fair, decipline wise. The month end closing was a very stressful time. Sometimes long hours.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Some days were too long
Very easy job, had to quit for college
Valet (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJuly 11, 2017
This job was very easy, the people and management were very pleasant to work with and talk to, and so long as i wasn't at the register i could play games or watch TV on my phone while we weren't moving cars.
Pros
Chill job with lots of breaks
Cons
interfered with school
Half and half. Slow at times fast at others
Bell Person (Former Employee) –  Michigan city indianaJune 24, 2017
Job was good but one of two of my supervisors were unfit for the position mentally. He liked to belittle people and call them names. Brakes were good free if not dirt cheap meals.. And actuallt good meals. I wasnt full time so didnt recieve PTO. Or benifits. But they were offered to full time/part-time employees. Decent hours about 20-25 a week as a on call-steady extra. Lime the job as a whole over all.
Pros
Good brakes, staff, and overall job. And tips are good
Cons
Very strict and sometimes outrageous rules.
Lot of experience because you are over worked and under paid
INTERNAL AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2017
I learned a lot at Boyd because they expect a lot. There is a very high turnover because they over qualify you and basically hand you over to someone who will pay and treat you right. The recent tone at the top has been cut cost at any cost; under pay employees, deny maternity leave benefits, condense jobs, cut health options and retirement contributions.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Benefits and Compensation
busy work environment.
Casino Porter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89145June 10, 2017
Even though it is a interesting place to work, the smoke environment and loud music are not a plus and if you like rude customers and gambling. it is the place for you. also advancement in your field is almost non-existence.
Pros
good insurance, pay is not bad.
Cons
smokey environment.
Ok, but I can do better.
Slots Technician (Current Employee) –  Amelia, LAMay 25, 2017
The typical work day consisted of being exposed to second hand, cigarette smoke on a shift which typically lasted for seven hours.
Some of the customers became disrespectful when they became intoxicated. You had to watch your own back because some employees were quick to tell a lie in order to exonerate themselves while you were tossed under the bus. This is a typical night people job. However, the applicant was not in that deep. Therefore, he chose to disassociate himself from a potential unlawful situation.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Restricted to being on the vessel continually exposed to second hand smoke.
fun and fast place to work
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2017
great company, fun and fast passed. all the employees are great to get along with. Great location for the casino right down town so always brought in a great crowed.
unorganized
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 1, 2017
Not the best place to work at. Pay not worth the work they want you to do. A lot of corruption go on in that place of business. Nothing ever gets done about anything personal as to co workers being bullied and business wise.
Good for entry level. Get experience and get out.
Casino Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 13, 2017
Used to be a good place to work. Going down hill fast. Good job security, almost impossible to get fired. Raises and promotions are nearly non-existent. They claim they need to cut benefits because there isn't enough money but they continue to buy more casinos all the time.
Pros
Impossible to get fired
Cons
Being stuck working with people who should be fired, benefits not what they used to be
Coworkers are friendly
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2017
Excellent place to work, workers are very friendly, everyone works together and have communication skills. Security is always around when you need them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Medical is too high out of pocket

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boyd Gaming Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.