Boyd Gaming Corporation Employee Review

View all Boyd Gaming Corporation reviews

Terrible place to be employed!!!!
Casino (Former Employee) –  Mulvane, KSApril 21, 2014
This place, is by FAR the most god awful place I've ever been employed (yes, even worse than my high school fast food jobs)

I learned absolutely nothing from this place, other than the fact that I refuse to enter another casino for the rest of my human existance. It's a depressing, unmotivating place, that literally sucks you into it's vast amount of negativity, fueled by the "clicky" staff with the mentality of a high school drama fest.

The co-workers were okay, but only in YOUR department.. just don't dare venture to another department, you would be literally stared at like "what are you doing here" type of thing. Most people here lack any sort of social and communication type skill, which you would think would flurish in such an environment.

Management was an absolute joke, they had no supervisory skills, NO communication skills, and were literally puppets with a new set of rules posted every single day. AND if you so happened to not follow the new "rule" of the day, you would be disciplined! In fact, management didn't even truly know the rules considering they changed every day at will..

Honestly, don't work here.. find a REAL job that treats their employees with respect, and dignity that they deserve.. no one deserves to be treated the way the KANSAS STAR CASINO treats their employees.. hopefully management possibly went back to obtain their high school diplomas, or even a G.E.D.? Hope this was helpful!

Cheers:)

Other Boyd Gaming Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJanuary 8, 2018
Need to improve with the customer ,it have great people work their make a joy coming to work the pay okay but hard to advance because everyone step on each other to get on top
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor leadership
Great Job if They Maintain a Full Staff
Support Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2018
I had to quit this job because the management refused to hire enough employees to adequately handle the work load. We would have a backlog of calls 15 deep for the entire day, with dozens of callers quitting every half hour. These conditions would last from when the day shift started to shortly after it ended. This amount of work was left to a team of about 4 people, even though we had room in the office for 12.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boyd Gaming Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.