Boyd Gaming

Boyd Gaming Employer Reviews

Company culture that emphasise working smart, value relationship, exceeding expectations, and having integrity
F&B Supervisor (Current Employee), Michigan City, INJuly 11, 2014
Pros: the ability to have multiple projects going simultaneously, cheap employee meals, and great benefits.
Cons: advancement opportunites are extremely limited
The most enjoyable part of my job was the creation and development of tools, manuals, and processes that enhanced the management and organization of both the department and company. I also benefited by working along side a union represented department which taught me the skills and documentation tools needed for proper management within a unionized – more... department. A typical day at work would be maintaining and continuously developing existing processes and information. Projects were routinely assigned and assessed annually for progress and completion. Daily duties consisted of reviewing attendance, and editing of previous days labor, and exception/variances violations. Daily point of system database access and maintenance. – less
great team to work with
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 7, 2014
great place to work really good management and great atmosphere very little money for the being a armed security
Fun workplace, very flexible
Transportation/Valet Coordinator (Current Employee), East Peoria, ILJune 26, 2014
The pay could be better but it doesn't get much better than working at a casino.
Co-workers
Surveillance Agent (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2014
I enjoy my job and have been very lucky to have great co-workers.
GOOF PLACE IF YOU WANT TO RETIRE HERE
CASINO HOST (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2014
DEALING WITH SENIOR PEOPLE. SOME ARE EASY TO DEAL, BUT SOME ARE NASTY. COWORKERS ARE GREAT. MANAGEMENT IS ALL RIGHT. JOB OPPORTUNITY DEPENDS ON WHO YOU KNOW. PAY SCALE IS LOW.
Very great place to work for. No Complaints!
Receiving and Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, treated with respect
Cons: low wage
Started at 7:00 A.M. Got order forms for materials to be delivered. Unloaded trucks, Stocked shelves. Management was great and treated employees with respect. Learned a lot about warehouse work. The hardest part of the job was when we were over loaded with truck deliveries. I had very good Co workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting everything – more... done before our shift was over. – less
Steady and Stable Company to work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great discounts
Cons: benefits, no holidays off, no holidays paid
Boyd Gaming is a good company, they are strongly interested in seeing advancement from within however there is currently little opportunity. They have a diverse group of workers all pleasant. Management as a whole is doing the best they can with what they have, there seems to be poor communication from all departments and trickles into the department.
Good place to work.
Guest Services Supervisor-Hotel (Former Employee), Vinton, LANovember 4, 2013
Pros: employee dining hall. healthcare.
Cons: the system by which supervisor and above are held accountable.
I was very happy with my job until I was accused of calling another supervisor offensive names and was ultimately fired. I feel that the investigation into my innocence was not done. I was not allowed to contact any employees, current or past, to refute the accusations.
Fast pace fun environment.
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2013
Pros: various functions keep you engaged, alert and enthusiastic.
Cons: pay is less compared to other compariable casinos.
Exciting and fast pace environment with many time sensitive deadlines. Diverse culture and ethnicity in customers and co-workers.
was a good place to work.
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2013
Pros: free lunch
I didn't like it bicouse I want to be more than a kitchen-worker
Stepping stone to better opportunity
Casino / Beverage Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: worked with some good people
Cons: no advancement opportunity, constant healthcare issues
Worked with some intelligent people, learned a lot about management/operations. Wish there was room to grow and advance within the company.
Nice summer job
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 31, 2013
Pros: free lunches!
Cons: some managers had little concern for safety
I left here because I had concerns about the safety of the pool guests that management refused to address. Several guests were injured even after I brought certain discrepancies to light. The management when I started was very helpful and friendly though. And the people I worked with were amazing.
Delta Downs Racetrack/Casino/Hotel. Beautiful new facility in Vinton, LA
Food and Beverage Supervisor - Shift Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2013
I was on the F&B opening management team,(F&B swing shift mgr.) that planned and executed Grand Opening Ceremonies for 15-20 thousand guests. Boyd Gaming is an excellent company, well organized and very fair with regard to employee needs and concerns.
Managers just don't care.
Hotel Desk Agent (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAAugust 15, 2013
Supervisors were great, above that the managers just didn't care about their employees. When one department loses 70% of it's staff including 2 supervisors in a span of 3 months you know something needs to be look into.
Special Events & Marketing Manager at New Orleans Casino
Marketing & Special Events Manager (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 12, 2013
I was the person who handled giveaways at a mid-size casino in New Orleans. I had to interact with all kinds of people all day. I had to handle problems of every variety and was constantly making permanent contacts.
Felt like working with friends and family
Keno Supervisor (Former Employee), Tunica, MSMarch 19, 2013
Pros: good benefits, free meals, easy work enviroment
Cons: job layoff
Fun Casino to work at
Management that truly cares for employees
Enjoyed most interacting with guest and helping them enjoy their time at Casino
heartless
food server (Former Employee), las vegasFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: 401 k
my experience working with this company was horrible , i never had a traumatic experienced in my life .suncoast food and beverage department especially the manager no education and lack of experience run the coffee shop like like gangster ,big time favoritism ,big on discrimination,dress like a ghetto, ... head of human resources only can talk but dont – more... and wont listen to any opinion , too scared to lose her job so she will make decision base on who got power.. management are nice to the person who got power below them are nothing but a but of course not all of the manager some deserve promotion but this only lady D----- made malicious gossip she loved getting people fired and the headof human resources love this kind of activities.. boyd gaming where is your open door policy???? Doors should be shut to this kind of employee who spoil the name of a nice company.shame on u power hungry ,heartless n conniving . – less
A positive work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Michigan City, INFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: exciting
Cons: not much room for growth
Escort money
Over see jackpot pay outs.
Assist guest
Hardest part of job is finding something to do on slow days.
Im a people person so I enjoy talk help and assist guest .
Great Company to work for!
Casino Dealer (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJOctober 17, 2012
I worked for Boyd gaming in Atlantic City NJ. the Borgata Hotel and Spa for 7 yrs. They treat there employees very well and Happy place to work. I had to relocate, or I would still be there for sure. Iam hoping Boyd gaming comes to Florida count me in!
Good company to work for and good people to work with.
Casino Dealer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2012
The most enjoyable part is working with my co-workers and talking with customers. I've learned how to handle different situations.

About Boyd Gaming

Boyd Gaming's business model is buoyed by the US public's insatiable appetite for gaming. One of the country's leading casino – Read more