The mission of the Boys & Girls Club of Santa Ana is to promote the positive and healthy development of youth, especially from disadvantaged circumstances, by providing services in a safe environment that build the skills, civility and self-confidence necessary to succeed in a competitive world.
Organization Structure and Interfaces
Position Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Primary Interfaces: CEO, Director of Finance, Board of Directors, Director of Development, Director of Operations, Vendors and Donors
Benefits: Medical/Vision/Dental, 401k Retirement Plan
The Boys & Girls Club of Santa Ana is one of the most innovative, fast paced and premier non-profits in Orange County and is looking for a SUPERSTAR to join our dynamic team. We are a highly effective, result-driven, mission-focused organization and we need a high functioning, energetic, organized and committed professional to fill the critical role of Executive Assistant to the CEO.
As Executive Assistant to the CEO, you will wear many hats, be held accountable to high standards, interface with donors and Board Members, directly support the fast paced day-to-day of the CEO and serve as his right hand. The work we do is very important and only have room on our team for people who are committed to our mission and are willing to make our Club a high priority. Every member of our team plays a critical role to the success of our Club and as Executive Assistant to the CEO, this SUPERSTAR will work directly with key leaders as we set the pace and roadmap for our future.
Typical day will start with entering critical donor information into the donor tracking software; managing the donor tracking software is a main function of this position. By noon, you have handled the data entry and have moved onto any projects you may be assigned at that time such as coordinating a meeting, supporting a donor stewardship effort, making arrangements for future meetings, following up with key members of our team, developing a report or researching. Throughout the day, you will run the office and maintain communication with the CEO. The CEO is a high energy, fast paced, result-driven visionary and as Executive Assistant to the CEO, this SUPERSTAR is critical to ensure efficiency, time management and the performance of the CEO. The CEO has a track record of developing high functioning leaders, mentoring professionals to grow and challenging them to get out of their comfort zone. We are looking for someone who thrives in this sort of environment under this style of leadership.
SUPERSTAR to the CEO
1. Support the day-to-day functions of the CEO with a constant effort to increase the efficiency and productivity of the CEO.
2. At the discretion CEO, will compile donor tracking reports, campaign updates, oversee special projects and support day-to-day activities of the CEO.
3. Performs regular administrative duties, preparing correspondence and reports as requested by CEO and composes draft letters following established formats. Proofreads all materials for accuracy prior to supervisory review and signature.
4. Maintains CEO’s calendar, scheduling meetings and making logistical and travel arrangements necessary for internal and external meetings. May prepare meeting agenda and minutes, as requested.
5. Supports CEO as he manages hundreds of key relationships on behalf of the BGCSA.
Office & Administrative Duties
1. Maintains master schedule of Club activities and events, collecting and disseminating information to Club staff, volunteers, members and families as instructed.
2. Answers telephones, providing general information, referring callers to other staff or taking messages as necessary.
3. Maintains electronic and hard copy filing systems, making sure they are accurate and timely and facilitate easy retrieval of information.
4. Monitor office supply inventory and order supplies as necessary.
5. May be responsible for managing relationships with key vendors and make service calls as necessary.
Donor Relations & Stewardship
1. Records all donations using the donor tracking software and prepares donor recognition letters for signature.
2. Support donor relations, donor recognition, events and stewardship functions.
3. Maintains a strong donor centric/customer focus and supports the donor recognition strategy.
4. Communicates regularly with Board Members and key donors.
1. Purchase supplies and equipment.
2. Attend staff and strategic planning meetings.
3. Participate in training, webinars, workshops and professional development as requested.
4. Supports or oversees special projects such as school supply drives, toy drives, special meetings, special events, etc.
5. Proofreads and offers feedback for marketing materials, correspondence, strategies, etc.
Performance Objectives – Deliverables
1) Adopting the Culture and acclimating to the BGCSA: Immediately evaluate and take ownership of all aspects of the Executive Assistant position and operations of the BGCSA.
- Become familiar with policies and procedures for the BGCSA
- Visit with and become familiar with the operations of the Administrative Office and BGCSA.
- Become familiar with the day-to-day function of the Executive Assistant, including all support activities to the CEO.
- Identify key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and challenges with regards to the Executive Assistant position.
Within 90 days, deliver a summary report of your research, conclusions and plans for operations. This summary report should identify and assess current and past strategies.
2) Become proficient with DonorPerfect Software: Immediately evaluate and take ownership of all aspects of the DonorPerfect Software.
- Become familiar with software and participate in any necessary training.
- Become proficient in recording transactions and generating reports as needed.
Within 45 days, become proficient with the DonorPerfect Software and take ownership of day-to-day usage of the software.
- If you’re really smart, highly organized, result-driven, accountable, and have a great attitude you will be a great fit here.
- We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of a winning team and more importantly understands the level of personal commitment it takes to be a key member of a winning team.
- It is important that you are highly organized, have a high attention to detail, is technology savvy, has strong communication skills (written and verbal), is committed to personal excellence, committed to growth as a professional, has a strong work ethic, sets high personal standards, lives by core values, and thrives when mentored and challenged.
HOW TO APPLY (It is critical you follow directions to be considered for the position):
1. Respond to this ad at careers @ boysandgirlsclub. com with “SUPERSTAR” in the subject line of the email. Please do not call or send emails to other email addresses.
2. Attach your resume as a Word or PDF document.
3. Provide a cover letter introducing yourself and summarizing why you feel you should be selected to join our team.