Provide high level administrative support to the CEO and serve as a key member of the administrative team. Prepares correspondence and reports, maintains schedule for the CEO and calendar of activities and events, oversees donor records and donor tracking software, handles information requests, supports donor relations and stewardship, receives phone calls takes messages, and clerical functions.
The Executive Assistant will support the CEO manage all the relationships, initiatives, events, operations, finances and resource development efforts of the Boys & Girls Club of Santa Ana. This individual will act as a key member of the administrative team and provide support to other departments according to the needs and mission of the Boys & Girls Club of Santa Ana.
Support to the CEO
1. At the discretion CEO, will compile donor tracking reports, campaign updates, oversee special projects and support day-to-day activities of the CEO.
2. Performs regular administrative duties, preparing correspondence and reports as requested by CEO and composes draft letters following established formats. Proofreads all materials for accuracy prior to supervisory review and signature.
3. Maintains CEO’s calendar, scheduling meetings and making logistical and travel arrangements necessary for internal and external meetings. May prepare meeting agenda and minutes, as requested.
4. Supports CEO as he manages hundreds of relationships on behalf of the BGCSA.
Clerical & Administrative Duties
1. Maintains master schedule of Club activities and events, collecting and disseminating information to Club staff, volunteers, members and families as instructed.
2. Answers telephones, providing general information, referring callers to other staff or taking messages as necessary.
3. Maintains electronic and hard copy filing systems, making sure they are accurate and timely and facilitate easy retrieval of information.
4. Monitor office supply inventory and order supplies as necessary.
5. May be responsible for managing relationships with key vendors and make service calls as necessary.
Donor Relations & Stewardship
1. Records all donations using the donor tracking software and prepares donor recognition letters for signature.
2. Support donor relations, donor recognition, events and stewardship functions.
3. Maintains a strong donor centric/customer focus and supports the donor recognition strategy.
4. Communicates regularly with Board Members and key donors.
1. Purchase supplies and equipment.
2. Attend staff and strategic planning meetings.
3. Participate in training, webinars, workshops and professional development as requested.
4. Supports or oversees special projects such as school supply drives, toy drives, special meetings, special events, etc.
5. Proofreads and offers feedback for marketing materials, correspondence, strategies, etc.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with CEO and key Club professionals.
External: May receive calls or inquiries from donors, volunteers, vendors or other stakeholders.
Performance Objectives – Deliverables
Following is a list of deliverables which is part of the work to be done at the Boys & Girls Club of Santa Ana. This does not constitute the entire job description but highlights some of the most important work to be done and which may be used to evaluate success in the position.
1) Adopting the Culture and acclimating to the BGCSA: Immediately evaluate and take ownership of all aspects of the Executive Assistant position and operations of the BGCSA.
- Become familiar with policies and procedures for the BGCSA
- Visit with and become familiar with the operations of the Administrative Office and BGCSA.
- Become familiar with the day-to-day function of the Executive Assistant, including all support activities to the CEO.
- Identify key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and challenges with regards to the Executive Assistant position.
Within 90 days, deliver a summary report of your research, conclusions and plans for operations. This summary report should identify and assess current and past strategies.
2) Become proficient with DonorPerfect Software: Immediately evaluate and take ownership of all aspects of the DonorPerfect Software.
- Become familiar with software and participate in any necessary training.
- Become proficient in recording transactions and generating reports as needed.
Within 45 days, become proficient with the DonorPerfect Software and take ownership of day-to-day usage of the software.
- Bachelor Degree or 5 or more years of senior level administrative experience
- 2 years of experience supporting a high level executive
- Proficient in computer skills and MS Office
- Typing/keyboarding skills of at least 50 wpm
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization
- Strong customer relations skills
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- High attention to detail and work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated sound judgment, tact and willingness to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to write concisely and clearly and to produce high-quality work that meets the highest professional standards of appearance, grammar, spelling and clarity of prose.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with a variety of constituencies, both inside and outside the organization.