Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club United States Employee Reviews

helped kids with homework
teen counselor (Former Employee), Bellwood, ILMay 4, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed spending time with the kids
Cons: No breaks
Help the children with their homework and play educational games. I learned that the children only react off of the staffs behavior. The management was okay and so was the co-workers. There was not any hard parts to the job. The most enjoyable part was getting to play different games with the children.
Group Advisor
Group Advisor (Former Employee), Providence, RIMay 3, 2015
Design deliver, and evaluate camp program that meets the needs and interests of the camps target populations and ensure their delivery in a safe and quality manner. Remain current with information on the developmental needs of youth. Annually seek and analyze input from youth, families, and staff regarding the quality, safety, and enjoyment of the program and staff. Develop and implement crisis and risk management procedures.
Teen Specailist (Current Employee), Sandersville, GAMay 3, 2015
Pros: works with kids
Cons: not many hours
I keep the kids learn various things at the facility. We do different types of programs and I administrative the programs to te kids. We help with home home
A place that i would love to take my future kids
Tutor de Fotografía (Former Employee), Puerto Rico, LoizaMay 2, 2015
Pros: Free launch
Cons: Short Job Title
In the B&GC of Loiza we learn to take care of young kids & teach them about music, photography & video ! They learn the process of beeing a camera men to a post producer !
Fun
Education Director (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMay 2, 2015
Pros: being around the children made me feel young again
Cons: difficulty not to become attached
Prepared and implemented lesson plans for the BGCA educational programs.
Facilitated educational outings within the community.
Submitted daily attendance and monthly paperwork to the Unit Director.
annoying bosses
Activity Leader (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2015
Pros: fun with children
Cons: no breaks
no communication, or structure. a total mess and no breaks ever and there is no teamwork sometimes and there is no consistency
Great for College Students
Program Counselor (Former Employee), Joliet, ILApril 29, 2015
This job was perfect for college students. The pay was decent for the workload and everyday is different with the kids. You leave work feeling like you impacted a kids life everyday.
Helping children
Staff Member (Former Employee), Pacolet, SCApril 29, 2015
fun workplace
Child Care (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAApril 29, 2015
i would come in to a family environment, everybody work together. the kids was a inspiration to work. we come in get all things need for the daily activities. before we do any activities we had to make sure all home work was done.
Fun place to work.
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 28, 2015
Overall an amazing job to have. I helped to mold young minds while providing as safe and fun envionment. Do not go here if you are looking for fast money. 5 hours a day at $9 dollars an hour. You do that math. The best reward is when you know you have helped further a childs life. :')
It was a really fun job and i learned alot.
Club Care Coordinator and Program Aide (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 27, 2015
I was in charge of a around five staff members and took care of over seventy kids Monday through Friday. Every day we help them with their homework or class activities.My co-wokers were great. We were a good team. Hardest part of the job would be the parents, they can be difficult to work with. Being able to help the kids in need watching them succeed is the best part.
Productive kid friendly
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2015
4 hours a day Monday - Friday off weekends. Management was decent my Co-workers where they best. Lack of staff was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was being off every weekend.
love this organization
Counselor II (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 25, 2015
this company has been around for years and i truly enjoy working in an environment where i am making a major impact on so many peoples lives members staff and parents.
Unit Director
Unit Director (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCApril 23, 2015
I love the Boys and Girls Club. The best part about this job is the children. They have a way of making me enjoy life and they give tons of laughter to everyone. The worst part about this job is when you have to tell a parent that their child was misbehaving that day. But for the most part, the children are well behaved an when we have to bring their parent in, the child has done something is against all of the Boys and Girls Club rules
Productive atmosphere for young children
Senior Staff (Former Employee), Passaic, NJApril 20, 2015
Pros: The life learned lessons
Cons: Change in Supervisors to often
The kids are amazing, I have learned about many different life styles of different kids, Co workers work together very well although management is always changing, the hardest part of the job would be changing the system all the time and not being able to adjust properly, the kids and the impact of their lives was most enjoyable.
great
Assistant Front Desk (Former Employee), Zion, ILApril 20, 2015
it was great working there I love kids, very hands on, I would work from 3pm-9pm. I served them food cleaned up afterwards, helped with home work as well.
A positive workplace to help the youth.
Recreational Aide (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXApril 20, 2015
Working at the Boys & Girls club was a great experience and a positive place where kids come and have fun. Its a great time to get to know all the kids individually and bond with them. My co-workers and I always got along well and we always work as a team.

Our Mission: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring responsible citizens.
Very nice work environment
3rd Grade Tutor/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Bay City, TXApril 20, 2015
I go in to work at 3:00 and set up snack for the kids in the gameroom and then I would take my place at the front desk and wait for the kids to come in and give me their club number and i would put it in the computer to sign them in and answer phones when parents called.
A place of growth for both children and teens .
Cashier/Mentor (Former Employee), Fort Pierce FlApril 19, 2015
Pros: I recieved free lunch, pay -of course, and I had fun.
Cons: The kids were pretty hyper at times and sometimes dificult to manage.
While working in a building filled with mixed aged group children and teenagers, I learned to have fun and always help the children learn new things when it came down to homework and how to develop social skills when they grow older. I worked in the store and also the homework room. The hardest part of the job I must say, was trying to keep the building clean and calm. Other workers at the job were very fun and compatible. I enjoyed being around my peers and helping them learn more than just who they are, but who or what they can be.
Fun
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLApril 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch, skits, recess
Cons: lots of walking, taking children to the bathroom, handling children with additude
I would arrive at work. Give the kids breakfast. Go outside and play recess. Then, we would go inside and do some arts and crafts. Afterward, we are on our way to lunch, and then we go back to the classroom to play indoor games. As well, we practice and put on skits for the whole camp, and we have snack time.
I learned how to properly talk to both adult and children, as I often had to discipline children and explain why to the parients

1 2 3 4 5

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Salaries

$7.67 per hour

Boys & Girls Club Photos

Connect with Love
fun
Wacky tacky day at work.