Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club United States Employee Reviews

Productive atmosphere for young children
Senior Staff (Former Employee), Passaic, NJApril 20, 2015
Pros: The life learned lessons
Cons: Change in Supervisors to often
The kids are amazing, I have learned about many different life styles of different kids, Co workers work together very well although management is always changing, the hardest part of the job would be changing the system all the time and not being able to adjust properly, the kids and the impact of their lives was most enjoyable.
great
Assistant Front Desk (Former Employee), Zion, ILApril 20, 2015
it was great working there I love kids, very hands on, I would work from 3pm-9pm. I served them food cleaned up afterwards, helped with home work as well.
A positive workplace to help the youth.
Recreational Aide (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXApril 20, 2015
Working at the Boys & Girls club was a great experience and a positive place where kids come and have fun. Its a great time to get to know all the kids individually and bond with them. My co-workers and I always got along well and we always work as a team.

Our Mission: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring responsible citizens.
Very nice work environment
3rd Grade Tutor/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Bay City, TXApril 20, 2015
I go in to work at 3:00 and set up snack for the kids in the gameroom and then I would take my place at the front desk and wait for the kids to come in and give me their club number and i would put it in the computer to sign them in and answer phones when parents called.
A place of growth for both children and teens .
Cashier/Mentor (Former Employee), Fort Pierce FlApril 19, 2015
Pros: I recieved free lunch, pay -of course, and I had fun.
Cons: The kids were pretty hyper at times and sometimes dificult to manage.
While working in a building filled with mixed aged group children and teenagers, I learned to have fun and always help the children learn new things when it came down to homework and how to develop social skills when they grow older. I worked in the store and also the homework room. The hardest part of the job I must say, was trying to keep the building clean and calm. Other workers at the job were very fun and compatible. I enjoyed being around my peers and helping them learn more than just who they are, but who or what they can be.
Fun
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLApril 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch, skits, recess
Cons: lots of walking, taking children to the bathroom, handling children with additude
I would arrive at work. Give the kids breakfast. Go outside and play recess. Then, we would go inside and do some arts and crafts. Afterward, we are on our way to lunch, and then we go back to the classroom to play indoor games. As well, we practice and put on skits for the whole camp, and we have snack time.
I learned how to properly talk to both adult and children, as I often had to discipline children and explain why to the parients
A Wonderful summer experience.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 15, 2015
Pros: Joy
Cons: No Cons
The summer I spent with the kids all so known as little bundles of joy was just a wonderful experience. I was able to learn a lot from them a lot about them and for them the same for me as well.
Excellent Community Service Opportunity
Volunteer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 14, 2015
Pros: meeting and interacting with other parents
My children were members of the Boys & Girls club and as a parent volunteer, I worked in the concession stand during games, acted as chaperone on trips out of town,& helped plan and execute activities.
Fun workplace with activities for children and young adults
Volunteer (Current Employee), Pomona, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Fun time
Cons: I don't get to go too much because life happens
A typical day consists of helping students with their homework and play games with them while at the same time making sure they are on their best behavior.
I the Boys and Girls Club, I learned the importance of compassion and patience one must have while working with children that are going through life struggles.
The hardest part of my job is having to report if a child is having troubles at home.
The most enjoyable part of the job is changing children's lives.
Glorified Daycare
Staff (Former Employee), Eagle River AlaskaApril 9, 2015
Pros: Can't think of any
Cons: Kids, Staff, Parents, Company policies
I worked at our local club house for a few months, and I didn't like a single day of it. It is now under a new manager whom I worked with when she was only staff, and I hear she has changed to place around for the good. I'm only speaking for my time as staff there, and so things may be very different now.

Most of the kids there were little terrors, and there was little to no support from the parents or management. There was several times some of the kids should have been removed from the club permanently, but the management at the time was more concerned about club membership than the safety of the staff or membership.

For example: We had a set of siblings that liked to threaten the staff by saying things like "When I get home I'm going to tell my mom you hit me, and you're going to get in trouble." They would do this because you told them clean up their mess, stick with the program schedule, or something they didn't want to do. They would go as far and hitting each other to make it look convincing.

It wasn't a great environment as a male staff member, and I really didn't like it. There was a lot of sadness with some of the kids. They would arrive as soon as the door opened in the morning, and they would be the last to leave Monday - Saturday. A lot of the parents just used it as a daycare for their kids.

The parents were sometimes very very hard to work with, and would threaten to sue you or something. The made the job even more enjoyable some times.
Productive and fun place
Tutor (Former Employee), Wilmington, CAApril 8, 2015
Work was very enjoyable. Management was great and co-workers were very friendly and helpful. I learned how to to interact with children and teens and assist them with anything they needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a student improved their grade or scored high on an exam. It was great to see their hard work paying off.
Volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee), Rutland, VTApril 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with the kids volunteering, helping with homework and other tasks such as answering phones, making snacks, vacuuming and cleaning. It helped make me a better person by helping others.
Fun, productive, and educational work place.
Youth Development Professional (Current Employee), Tracy, CAApril 5, 2015
Every day at the Boys & Girls Club is a positive, and productive day. I've learned a lot when working with our members and communicating. All of my coworkers are great team players working together if we need each others assistance with our members here at the Boys & Girls Club. The hardest part of my job is balancing the one hour we have each program to provide the necessary information for our members because there's a lot of information, but I get done, I give the information to our members in a fun/educational way, and I do it in a timely manner. I enjoy spending time with our members, and my coworkers because I learn something new every day.
Fun to work with kids in a relaxed summer environment.
Camp Staff Member (Former Employee), hampton, virginiaApril 3, 2015
Pros: stay in shape
Cons: the summer heat
A typical day involves rotating between rooms that offer arts and crafts, technology, games, dance, and sports. Time is also set aside for outdoor activities, it weather permits.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Worcester, MAApril 1, 2015
I volunteered a few days a week and thought it was a great experience. I got to work alongside kids from the area and help with them their homework.
The job that meant the most to me. Was hard though with family.
Office Manager/Community Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: Helping with others, working with other non-profits, making a difference
Cons: No job security in non-profit, split schedule was hard on family
Working with at risk youth, making a difference. Provided support to the community as well as civic leaders. Gained experienced in multi-cultural environments. Our program served over 900+ youth from seven sites and I maintained those records with accuracy, thoroughness and confidentiality. Collaborated with local authorities on current gang activity, Organized summer job programs, annual health and employment fairs, Coordinated and represented members for special court docket.
Fuyn place if you like working with kids
Youth Worker (Former Employee), Camden, NJApril 1, 2015
Helping with homework, monitoring safe play, handing out snacks, building close ties with parents, hardest part is dealing with the teens at night, they are harder to control with the extra attitude that comes with being a teenager
Very fun Internship!!
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 30, 2015
I did this job as a summer internship, and i really enjoyed it!
I recommend this for anyone 16-18. It really is a wonderful experience!
GREAT WORKING ENVIROMENT
Team leader (Current Employee), Lamont, CAMarch 29, 2015
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT IF YOU ENJOY WORKING WIT KIDS AND HAVE PATIENCE. MY COWORKERS ARE THE BEST GROUP IVE EVER WORKED WITH
importance and precision was the key to this job
youth staff (Former Employee), New Rochelle, NYMarch 29, 2015
Most of the time if we was on the camp grounds the children wasn't easy to lose , off camp grounds was the serious times.

made sure the children ate daily and wasn't in need of anything

like drinks or food.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Salaries

$7.67 per hour

Boys & Girls Club Photos

Connect with Love
fun
Wacky tacky day at work.