Boys & Girls Club Employee Reviews

Found 1,057 reviews matching the search
fun
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 5, 2016
i looked over kids from the age9-13 to make sure everything was fine. we went on trips and played fun games. i liked working here its a fun environment for kids.
Pros
fun days
Cons
short breaks
fun to work with kids
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 3, 2016
this was only a summer job but it was overall fun. We went on trips with the kids and got to know them. The management was great.
Pros
free lunches, summer job
Cons
short breaks
typical day at the boys & girls club
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at the boys & girls club consisted of me supervising children with homework and both indoor and outdoor activities. Playing sports, board games and even coaching the younger girls in cheerleading.
Not Professional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 27, 2016
To many kids for this facility. Staff very un professional. Nobody did there job. It was one big daycare. There intentions were good but the staff did not follow it.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Not organized
Productive and fun environment for the children.
Youth Leader (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 25, 2016
Providing safety to youth as they play in a orderly fashion. Taught me how to deal with children with the help of the courteous staff. It can get noisy but overall i loved the job.
Pros
Free Lunches, Field Trips, Great People.
Cons
N/A
Great place to work with kids and become a mentor.
Staff Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 22, 2016
Take kids and teens on field trips and supervise them, serve the kids lunch in the cafeteria and clean up after them. Hold assemblies and have talks about the day and task at hand.
Pros
Fun time working and teaching kids.
Exciting work environment
Youth Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Box Elder, MTJanuary 21, 2016
This job was a grant position, where the grant only lasted for a one year period. Each day I prepared after school activities for the children. My co-workers were involved with the activities. I truly enjoyed working with the community and the children. The hardest part of my job was finding the funding to keep the facility open.
Pros
Worked with a diversity of children
Cons
No benefits and no room for advancement
Great
Mentor/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJanuary 19, 2016
It is very fun and the kids are so cute and make you smile every time you see them. It is awesome. I love every time I get to help out because its an experience like no other.
Good place for students
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Imperial Beach, CAJanuary 16, 2016
With this job one has the opportunity to have time to go to school. It has the ability to learn more about other techniques The disadvantages is the lack of organization. The supervisor is unorganized with schedules, items not on there place, and too many children per group leader.
Pros
hours
Cons
Unorganized
Productive and fun place to work at
HEALTH AND LIFE SKILLS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 14, 2016
Provide guidance and mentoring services. Ensure clubhouse participates in nationally sanctioned HLS programs. Assist with tracking and reporting program participation and achievements.
Pros
Working with Youth
Cons
Pay rate
fun place to work
PROGRAM AIDE (SEASONAL SUMMER) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 13, 2016
love working with the kids and being apart of something bigger. a great company to work for and be a part of. A great experience.
A safe learning environment for the members there!
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIJanuary 13, 2016
It's a great place to work. I worked there for about a month and a half. You'll make friends, have fun helping the children and learn in the process of doing so. The staff are very organized and kind. They treat you like family.
Pros
Free Dinner, They Recycle
Cons
Sometimes boring
I love this place
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCJanuary 12, 2016
This place was a great place to serve. I learned so much because I saw myself in the life of some many of the boys within the club.
I would recommend this place for any child that does not have a mother and father in the same house.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Every person is different and that is something i had to learn
good job
summer intern (Former Employee) –  PRJanuary 12, 2016
Very good experience, being my first job, had a good relationship with my co-workers and my typical day at work was to supervise children
Fun place to work with kids of all ages.
Youth Development Professional (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTJanuary 8, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the kids. It was really tiring and the job requires a lot of creativity yet only pays minimum wage.
fun and exciting workplace that inspires both specialists and children to work together to learn and grow.
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 5, 2016
My time at the Boys and Girls Club has been one of my favorites. Aiding in the development of my students and watching them grow has been one of the most rewarding experiences. I feel as though my job was not simply to teach, but also to learn. My passion for working with children has always been present, but through this position I have been able to mold this passion into a skill. The skill set I have acquired through this position includes the ability to communicate with parents and teachers, maintain classroom management, create lesson plans, and find creative ways to make learning fun. I truly regard this position as one of the highlights of my career and personal growth.
Pros
flexibility with school schedule
Cons
lack of substitutes
Great help for students
Helper (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 1, 2016
This place was a very positive environment for students to visit after school. The students were able to play games, participate in activities, and help with homework.
Pros
After school care
Cons
Child/care taker ratio
Bgc
Teach kids programs (Current Employee) –  Cole Camp, MODecember 30, 2015
A typical day at work I help get the kids and take them to have a snack. Then we take them to a classroom to do homework for what we call "powerhour". Then they have a 30 minute recess. At 5pm.m everyday we start our scheduled programs for that day and break the kids up into groups in which they get to choose where they go. Then we teach them new and exciting things.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
hardly any hours
A very fun and productive environment
Junior Staff (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CODecember 29, 2015
When I was working at the Boys & Girls Club, I was usually working the front desk. I would check kids in and out of the system (facility) and I would verify the identification of the people who would pick up the members (kids). I would also be supervising the children within the "Game room" of the facility and clean up the facility regularly. Finally, I would take care of any other tasks asked of me by my supervisor. As I worked at the Boys & Girls Club, I learned how to patiently take care of tasks while taking care of and supervising members (kids) at the Boys & Girls Club within a reasonable time. Management within the facility was very professional and handled very well between the staff members. The people I worked with while I was at the Boys & Girls Club were very friendly and yet professional. They all took care of everything they needed to and taught me to do the same. The hardest part of the job was having to stop working there. I really enjoyed my time there professionally and personally. The most enjoyable time of the job was when I was able to work with the members of the club and speak with the parents of upcoming programs and events.
Pros
Free meals, fun environment
Cons
having to deal with angry parents, and/or members
Youth development Specialist
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHDecember 29, 2015
When I worked at the club. My dat consisted of watching and teaching inner city kids about life. We had programs that we taught, homework help that was needed. I played games with the children when it was free time.

4.3