Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club Employer Reviews

A Wonderful Place
Kidstop Site Assistant / Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Vibes, Friendships, Liveliness
Cons: Pay is a bit shy from deserved
Great employees who genuinely care about the youth they work with on a day to day basis. Never a dull day when working with the young beautiful minds of today.
275 Members on a dailey basis
Asst. Program Director (Former Employee), Haverhill, MAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
Organize, plan sport 12 programs for ages 5-18 years old.
I learned how leadership skills when managing and training volunteers and new hires. Worked with encouraging and uplifting people. The hardest part of this job was learning to transform my way of communicating from a 5 year old, to a teenager, to a board member, to a parent, to my executive, to a sponsor etc. The most enjoyable part was working with the kids, it felt like I was a kid and never felt like I was actually working full time.
productive and fun eneveriment for kids to go to
Mentor (Former Employee), Miami, OKMarch 25, 2015
Pros: working with friends
Cons: short brakes
I loved working at the boys and girls club I was a program staff and mentor there I worked with kids everyday teaching them different things everyday from street smarts to healthy habits and also doing exercise by playing basketball or baseball or even football.
fun work place
Boys and Girls Club (Former Employee), Avondale, AZMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Lots of feild trips
Cons: short breaks
Very nice place to work if you enjoy working around children. They take the children on lots of trips that you are more then welcomed to join. The staff there are really friendly and you will have a good time.
Structured Chaos at its best, very productive and fun days
Lead Staff (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: relationships built with the community
Cons: hourly wage/hrs
I loved working here it was like home to me. Every time I punched in it was fun time. Whether I was in the gym with the kids or coaching a game, my days were fun packed.
Great Place To Send Kids
Temporary Team Leader (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch was provided
I would trust leaving my own kids here because each worker gets to personally know each child under their care as well as making sure to always instill life lessons when the opportunity presented itself.
It was a fun
Child Care (Former Employee), Lorain, OHMarch 19, 2015
The job was a nice and fun job experience. It was a joy working with children and being able to help them with the simplest things. There really wasn't anything that was difficult about the job.
Fun Job
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: fun, challenging, flexible schedule, rewarding
Cons: short breaks, low pay
Fun Job with exciting and new challenges everyday. It is a very humbling experience to play such a major role in guiding the children into a better future.
member of steering group for boys and girls club activation
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), rockland NYMarch 18, 2015
lead and discussed how to establish a boys and girls club of dockland county Ny. Managed a successful celebrity golf tournament in order to raise funds for our organization.
Great experiences
Secretary/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: fun environment, great people
Cons: structure
Great job to work with people from all walks of life. Learned a lot of communication skills and customer service skills from this company. Was a front desk/ receptionist but was given the opportunities to volunteer on trips, event coordinate and tutor students K-6. Gave me a great perspective on being able to teach experiences and different opportunities to those less knowledgeable. Half of the taught experiences were through volunteers, so I got to learn new things as well. Unfortunately during the time that I was working for the club, I was in high school, so I had to focus my time towards studies. Also new management was instilled and unfortunately there was no positive things to come from it as the environment of the company lacked structure and the boss was unable to implement it. Things probably would have ran much smoother if it was left to be managed by someone with more experience.
Fun workplace
Child Supervisor (Former Employee), Flint, MIMarch 13, 2015
It was a great experience being able to engage with the youth in my community. The workers were friendly and the environment was full of energy and creativity.
Good Job
K-2nd Game Room Supervisor (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 12, 2015
I enjoyed my time there because of the staff. You have the opportunity to work with the kids year round. I enjoyed summer because the kids were able to enjoy their summer.
enjoyed working with teams
Supervisor (Former Employee), Gary, Pomona CA 91710March 12, 2015
I would go and get ready to supervise kids after school. I would get a group of kids and begin on a plan of how we were going to be productive today in getting things done. Something I learned was to be patient with people younger than me because their thinking was different than mine. The hardest part of my job was trying to get a stubborn teen to be productive. The most enjoyable thing was seeing kids get excited for finishing everything they had planned for the day.
Flexible hours, various job duties depending on department placement.
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 10, 2015
Pros: they are really nice and supportive .
Cons: like any non-profit, i think people tend to work too hard and stay too late"
Flexible hours, various job duties depending on department placement, supportive higher management, great community organization
FUN AND CONVENIENT PLACE TO WORK
Teacher's Aide (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Pomona, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: i am not paid
I AM A VOLUNTEER; THEREFORE, I DO NOT RECEIVE BENEFITS BUT I ENOY WORKING THERE. I ASSIST THE STAFF WITH THE STUDENTS. I ENJOY WORKING WITH CHILDREN SO IT IS VERY SATISFYING.
fun workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee), Wilmington, CAMarch 8, 2015
Fun place to work if you love working with kids. Great co-workers, well managed. Great activities to do with the kids, fun field trips.
Awesome Boss
JUNIOR LEADER (Former Employee), Rushville, INMarch 4, 2015
This was my first job, and I couldn't have asked for a better one. My former supervisor encouraged learning and really set me up for my future. He laid down the foundation of work ethic and responsibility.
very educationa
Program Specialist (Former Employee), tampa,flMarch 3, 2015
Pros: kids were nice, management was nice, stability in a job
Cons: cant get over 20/hr
I loved working with the kids. I was so honored to be apart of there lives teaching them morals and helping them understand life. They were smart kids and i help bring it all out of them. They were like family. My co-worker were awesome and very helpful.
Youth Developer (Former Employee), Jesup, GAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: workers, and kids
Cons: breaks, pay, environment
A typical day was helping with homework and activities. I learned how to help smaller/older kids with work and activities. My co-workers were very enjoyable.
producitve and fun workplace
Children Supervisor (Current Employee), Franklin, INMarch 1, 2015
Pros: very fun and great co workers
I watch over children along with my co-workers to make sure all children are following the rules. The hardest part is remembering that you are not their friend but you are there to ensure their safety and that they are having a good time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Photos