Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club Employer Reviews

great place
Volunteer (Former Employee), el monte caJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Helps the community in many ways coaching the kids at the park was an amazing experience which has helped learn how to cope with different people.
Productive place to work, with youth
Internship (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch, you get to watch teens grow up and mature and move on to high school and on to college.
I served as a mentor for the youth at the boys and girls club. A typical day at the boys and girls club I helped with tutoring, homework, art and crafts, computers sessions, out-door sports and in-door sports. We also had focus groups for the male teens which we called "passport to manhood" which we used to prepare the youth about what it means to be and become a man. I did not find this job to be hard at all, when you are passionate about working and helping youth it no longer feels like it is a job. Watching the teens grow up and mature into the promising young men and women makes what I do even more fulfilling. The important key is to help them transition from high school and then to college.
Awesome people to work with, great culture, inspiring
Site Coordinator (Current Employee), Spanaway, WAJanuary 20, 2015
Awesome co-workers/management
-Fast pace environment
-inspiring our youth for the greater good.
Great work environment with great children and good co-workers
Staff/Team (Former Employee), Hueytown, ALJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: being with the kids
My day at the Boys and Girls Club consisted of just learning about the children and building a relationship with them and just hanging out with them. I would make sure they were having fun and making sure they were doing what they were suppose to be doing. My managers and co-workers were the best they taught me how to work with the children better and I could go to them with questions I had. The hardest part about my job was sitting the children out I hated that because I like to see them having fun and not getting in trouble, but I also knew it was part of the job. My favorite thing about the job was coming in everyday and the children running up to me, excited to see me everyday and if I missed a day they would ask where I was and why I didn't come in. This job has been my favorite because I got to watch children and help them daily.
productive and fun work place with children
Junior Staff (Former Employee), INJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: few hours
A typical day at The Boys and Girls Club for work would began after I arrived from school. I would go to my assigned area and line all the children up for snack in the cafeteria. Before we all left to snack, I made sure the children cleaned up and put away their games and toys. I also take attendance. Once all the children are lined up, they eat snack and I play a game with them. After everyone eats their snack I take the children into their area to help them with their homework. Once each student finishes their homework they can either go the gym or the computer lab, which is where I fill in when needed. Around that time parents come to pick their children up. After all the children have left, I go around and lock up, clean up, and make sure things are in place. The hardest part about the job is just dealing with Children struggling to abide by the rules. For the most part, I loved the job, I love being around the kids, and my co-workers were very friendly.
fun with kids
Counselor (Former Employee), Talladega, ALJanuary 15, 2015
It was just summer fun. Working with kids of all race getting to know them and teaching them things they will need in life.
If You Love Kids You'll Love This Job
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: self fulfillment, being a role model, a sense of giving back
Cons: no benefits, low pay, behavorial kids
The Boys & Girls Club is a hit & miss kind of job. Working with kids is a self fulfilling job & some days will be much better than others. I think in every school you have a problem child but, that comes with the territory. I was in charge of sports & gaming so I didn't face that degree of difficulty my coworkers did but all in all if you can manage your attitude & love kids this is a perfect job for you.
lot of work
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Responsible for all store operations
Supervised and trained staff, managed the property, implemented company polices, managed inventory, kept payroll and maintained budget
Opened and closed store
Prepared all employees files, generated reports and reviews
Provided exceptional customer and processed sale transactions efficiently and professionally
Computer Lab Manager (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Gave me quality of Tolerance, Teaching, Management, IT Skills, Sports Skills, Driving,.....
Fun workplace with Fun staff
AmeriCorp member (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INJanuary 13, 2015
Created and implemented gym activities with 30-65 children aged 6-18. Conducted activities to promote brain stimulation. Encouraged interpersonal relationships among children aged 6-18. Aided in homework help for children aged 6-18. This job helped me to learn patience and how to deal with children that have issues with authority. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids apply things I had taught them to their lives, especially with school related things. The hardest part was trying to deal with parents who didn't like the way we did things and the children that refused to listen or follow the rules.
Computer Teacher
Computer Teacher, Group Leader (Former Employee), Ruston, LAJanuary 13, 2015
Great administration and community support. The equipment was donated and a little out-of-date. Overall, though, it sufficed for our needs.
fun and productive
Staff (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJanuary 13, 2015
typical day at work was always enjoyable, i learned a lot from each and everyone of my students. i love the management there they are an awesome team. my co workers all worked as an team, the hardest part of the job was clocking out, the most enjoyable part of the job was the job it self meeting new students, learning new games , field trips.
Fun Workplace
Strength and Speed Trainer (Former Employee), Cass Lake, MNJanuary 12, 2015
I enjoyed being at the boys & girls club and interacting with all the younger kids and getting them physically active. The hardest part WAS trying to get them interested in doing other activities they normally wouldn't do, but the most enjoyable part was seeing how much fun they were having once we got started on our activity.
Great Place to work with children
Computer Tech (Former Employee), Freeport, ILJanuary 10, 2015
I love how i was able to work with out of lesson children and be a great role model for them
Kid ZONE
Special Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 8, 2015
If you love working with kids and making a difference in a young person's life this is the job for you.
work with children and mentor
Volunteer (Former Employee), Galesburg, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: working with children
Cons: stressful working environment
A typical day consists of helping children with math and reading homework and playing with them at recess. The managers are there to support you. Co-workers are other volunteers. The hardest part of the job is when children are struggling. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see that you have affected someone's life.
Internal culture does not align with public appearances
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Wausau, WIJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: relationship building with youth, typically low key
Cons: fake management methods
In general, the adults are not in charge here. The program assistants are often intimidated and bullied by troubled teens and youth. The management claims to support staff when they need help in situations, but they do NOT. They prefer to watch through windows and see you struggle with children breaking the rules of the club.
very wonderful staff to help out your kids
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee), Sparta, WIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: working with children
Cons: not eough hours
helping the kids than talking to my co workers .I get along great with all my co workers the hardest part of the job is when they are being disrespectful and always saying no .the most enjoyable part is walking into work and have two of the 1st graders waiting for me to come thru the door.
Third grad after school teacher, fun, a bit crazy at times.
Teacher/Counselor (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: fun, active
Cons: management, scheduling
To start my day I walk with two other co-workers to pick up the children from Kaiser elementary. I am in charge of 28 eight year olds on a daily basis. The boys and girls club at this location is not ran quit professionally and it is a little frustrating. Schedules are not emailed or given to us. They are posted it seems the same monday they start on for that week, or at best the weekend right before the week starts. Schedules always change, adding on or taking away hours. Hardest part of the job would be not having enough time to tutor each individual child. At times we are found choosing which kids to tutor because we do not have enough staff or homework time in the program. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact i get to have such a positive influence in all these eight year olds and that their parents love and trust me. This christmas really made me special receiving so many cards and thank you letters from students and parents for what I do at the boys and girls club.
Exciting never a dull moment.
Youth Program Assistant/ Teen Supervisor (Current Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 4, 2015
I was a teen supervisor, I enteracted with my youth staff and the children that came to the club. There is always something for the kids to in every room throughout the day. We all look forward to the big party at the end of the year.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Photos