Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club Employee Reviews

fun, heart warming , and great
Youth Guidance Worker (Former Employee), Hemingway, SCJuly 1, 2015
To help the kids with their home work and help them to stay out of trouble. To let the kids know that our company care about their life and their Future .
great environment, fun, and well organized
Staff Manager (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYJune 28, 2015
Boys and Girls Club environment was very calm on most days but fun at the same time. I learned how to remain open minded when dealing with children and the importance of dedication. The staff that worked at the Boys and Girls Club were also great with the position they were chose to fulfill. There was not a hard part at the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was showing the kids discipline, respect, and honesty.
I would get an activity together and try to mentor through that after they have relaxed and are having fun.
Student volunteer (Former Employee), Salem, ORJune 26, 2015
Cons: It cost me a lot in gas to travel back and forth from town to town.
It was a great learning experience for me. I was able to get to know kids of a different generation and mentor them in a positive way. I learned how these kids are well aware of their surroundings and how adults try to manipulate them. It was quite interesting to observe the dynamics of these kids with some of the adults.
When I would arrive the first thing I would do would be to sign in and then get out the activities binder and decide which one to prepare for on the bases of how many kids I had. I would then gather them up and see how they respond to the activity. I would then let them dictate to a degree what they think of it, and if it did not work for them then we would try something different.
There was a lot of support from management, these individuals really care for these kids and work hard to show them a different way of life and the possibilities that are out there for them.
The hardest part of the job is when you see the psychological scars that are left on these kids that just want to be kids and not have the world tell them to grow up so fast.
The best part of the job is when you see them relax and have fun and genuinely smile without and defensiveness. That is a good day.
Great place to work if you are called to serve
After School Program Assistent Coordinator (Former Employee), FresnoJune 25, 2015
it was a humbling experience working with the children. This was not a paid job for me but definitely worth my the time and effort to help some of the children there that need some guidance.
Can't get better than this
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 25, 2015
My co-workers, who were my management, made my every day at work a pleasure by being welcoming and communicative. I felt that there was no task I could not undertake. I had a comfortable working space, I was able to learn things that pushed me out of my comfort zones, and I gained valuable office experience.
Great place to gain experience working with youth
Youth Development Professional (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJune 24, 2015
I typically start my day with a group activity with the youth. Afterwards the members of the club break off into their mile walk/run in order to meet their healthy challenge. The director of the site works closely with counselor to ensure youths goals are being met. I enjoy my coworkers greatly. The hardest part of the job is creating activities for all the youth to enjoy. The mos enjoyable part is getting the chance to be a part of each club members journey to adulthood.
Fun as well as a Learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 23, 2015
Pros: Free food, Playing Games, Mentoring
Cons: Getting asked a million questions at once
This was not a job I was a volunteer at the Boys and Girls club I helped with the kids! I helped them with their home work, played various games with them! I learned from them as well as them learning from me at a early age I saw it as a opportunity to give back and try to mold better minds! I wanted to help make our neighbor safe for our kids or future kids I believe and preserving our own and sustaining our communities!
Productive and fun workplace
Staff (Current Employee), Providence, RIJune 22, 2015
Days varied based on a set schedule. A typical week included arts and crafts, free roam, swimming, biking, gym time, tai-kwon-do, a movie, library/computer time, gardening, breakfast, lunch, and snack. I discovered that I had a preference working woth younger children, but learned to work with kids ages 5-11.
Enjoyable atmposhere and decent pay.
Coach (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 22, 2015
The Boys & Girls Club was a fun experience as my first job. The workers were friendly towards me and made me feel welcome. The kids were a handful at times but overall not too bad. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the basketball court when it rained, that took a lot of strength and stamina. The best and most enjoyable part of the job was when the kids had lunchtime and we had to overlook them.
working for BandG
Assist staff (Former Employee), Fort Defiance, AZJune 20, 2015
Pros: free food, free recreation room, playground, baseball field, skatepark
Cons: slow days
Typical day is getting the schedule ready for activities. learned different team building activities and management was awesome. Coworkers were awesome. hardest part of job is slow days when kids are in school. enjoyable part of job is helping kids with school and keeping them active in all sports or team builders.
Fun and productive company
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Danville, VAJune 18, 2015
Friendly and comfortable atmospshere. Lots of fun activities for the children to engage in. Learn responsibility such as answering phone calls and keeping a clean workplace. Hardest part of the job was giving out snacks to kids with allgeries. Having fun with the kids.
Boya & girls club
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Bloomington, IndianaJune 17, 2015
It was a fun place to volunteer at. I did it for basketball and we played with the kids and did activities. It was good to see the kids enjoy it and them looking to us like we were their big sisters.
boys and girls club
Recreation Leader (Former Employee), Apopka, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: did not work nights
Cons: NOT ENOUGH money
oustanding place t work enjoy the people the kids the diffrents things we did together. I loved doing the summer program every year. Seeing th grow up before my eyes . I felt i had an impact on everyone I worked with. Best job i HAVE EVER HAD.
a lot of fun everywhere
Cook (Former Employee), Oroville, CAJune 15, 2015
fun experience. awesome environment. great kids, great staff, great jobs great programs. awesome place for kids to learn and grow.
Fun
Tutor (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKJune 15, 2015
Pros: Fun, simple
Cons: Short hours
It is always fun dealing with small children, allowing yourself to play games and encourage the growth of others. Teaching children was the most rewarding experience for me.
Fun workplace!
Arts teacher (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Long lunch breaks
Great experience overall. Management was very understanding and made the workplace run smoothly. If it wasn't just a summer job I would've loved to have stayed.
Love the mission
High School Clubhouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Vidalia, GAJune 9, 2015
I love the mission that Boys and Girls Club stand for. They really work to give all children an opportunity at learning while having fun in a conducive environment. I enjoyed my time with the children it gave me an opportunity to see things in a different perspective.
productive andfun work place
Youth Counselor (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYJune 8, 2015
I LOVED this job. I love all the kids, i enjoy spending my day to help them with there needs, home work, and anything they needed help with.
After school program.
Mentor (Former Employee), Reading, PAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Planning different activities with the students.
Cons: Not being helping the students to their fullest potential.
A typical day was fun and active. I learned to be patient and how to take control of arguments and fights between students. My managers were very hands on. My co workers were great they were very supportive. The hardest part of my job was the poor pay. The most enjoyable part of my job was having fun with the students.
Fun place to be
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIJune 2, 2015
I loved being able to mentor all of the kids at the club. I looked forward to volunteering there every week. The club really cares about all of the kids and doesn't leave anyone out. I was honored that they asked me to come back in the fall and volunteer more time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Salaries

$9.00 per hour

Boys & Girls Club Photos

Connect with Love
fun
Wacky tacky day at work.