Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club Employer Reviews

very educationa
Program Specialist (Former Employee), tampa,flMarch 3, 2015
Pros: kids were nice, management was nice, stability in a job
Cons: cant get over 20/hr
I loved working with the kids. I was so honored to be apart of there lives teaching them morals and helping them understand life. They were smart kids and i help bring it all out of them. They were like family. My co-worker were awesome and very helpful.
Youth Developer (Former Employee), Jesup, GAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: workers, and kids
Cons: breaks, pay, environment
A typical day was helping with homework and activities. I learned how to help smaller/older kids with work and activities. My co-workers were very enjoyable.
producitve and fun workplace
Children Supervisor (Current Employee), Franklin, INMarch 1, 2015
Pros: very fun and great co workers
I watch over children along with my co-workers to make sure all children are following the rules. The hardest part is remembering that you are not their friend but you are there to ensure their safety and that they are having a good time.
great place for children .
volunteer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2015
my day at the boys and girls club was very uplifting .management and co-workers gave a 100% to the children. the hardest part of the job was leaving the children. and the most enjoyable part of that job was helping them better themselves in school.
fun place to work
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee), Lathrop, CAFebruary 22, 2015
I work with children in helping with homework and enrichment activities including arts and crafts. My favorite part of the job is being able to work with the children.
productive and fun
Volunteer and Community Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks for volunteers
I came in everyday after school and put on the volunteer vest. the employees were friendly as well as the manager. I learned a lot through interaction and socializing such as the personality of each individual youth. to me, it's more than just a job, it's a way of life. the part I enjoyed the most was getting to know the kids and allowing me to share my wisdom with them. knowledge is power we can provide to the next generation.
Great Job
Program Aide (Former Employee), Geneva, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: work with great kids, coworkers and area manager
If you like working with kids.. this is the JOB!! They can be a hand full at times but it is a fun, interactive, learning environment that promotes emotional and physical support. Co workers are also fun to work around.
Good Working Enviroment
Director of Operations (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Keeps you very busy but it is all worth at the end of the day for the kids. Management was good and willing to teach and help you grow. Hardest part of the job was not having our own facility.
Productive work place, friendly environment and positive people.
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Lincoln, RIFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: 30 mins lunch break and nice co-workers.
Cons: no breaks and short shifts.
An expected day at work would be welcoming, smiling faces and everyone is being productive. I get along with co-workers very well, for the most part I gain a long term relationship. The hardest part of a job would be when I first start trying to get the hang of things but after that I should be fine. The most enjoyable part of a job is feeling safe and confident in my work.
love the kids, its fun but stressful with not enough staff
Program Aide (Former Employee), reno nvFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free meals, field trips, physical activity
Cons: no breaks, no health benefits, not enough hours or pay for what we do.
gym or rec time in the morning then walked them to school. afternoon picked them up from school, took roll. gym time then homework, dinner, outside and finally our programmed group activities. end day cleaning up. I learned a lot about todays kids and what is life is like for them. our management was ok needed improvement but was understandable cause we were short staff. I loved my co workers we all got along well but I felt they could improve on some stuff as an employee. the hardest part about it was not having enough staff and or martials needed for the job. the most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with the kids and doing art projects. I really loved that job cause of the kids, no matter what it was that day they put a smile on face knowing they enjoyed my time as much I enjoyed theirs!!
Great place to be
Volunteer Experience (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAFebruary 17, 2015
Ive volunteered here and have been hooked on since. It has been great knowing that there are people who care and want to see you succeed. Ive had a great impact and growth in learning I love it.
Fun work place
Core Area Leader-Art/Character and Leadership (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: working with kids
Cons: not enough break time to lesson plans.
I did duties such as point-of- service during dinner. Maintain my classroom and provided safety to all of the students who were in my room. Cora are Leader for Art, Health and Fitness, and Character and Leadership. Performed any other duties assigned by my club manager.
fun place to be apart of
Camp Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 17, 2015
working with kids for a fully day. I learned how to be a great leader and how to enlighten younger kids and help them mature. The hardest part of the job was setting up the days events. The easiest part of the job was making kids smile.
Fun place to work while creating great relationships with kids
Games/gym Lead staff (Current Employee), Vancouver WaFebruary 17, 2015
Its a great place to work if you're passionate about making a difference in kids life's that don't usually have too much. Majority of your co workers are a joy to be around and put in a lot of work.
Just a fun place to work while in college
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Petaluma, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: get paid to play
Cons: pay
This is definitely a part time job to make a little extra cash on the side. It can be supper fun while you're in school. All I did was hangout with kids and play games all day.
enjoyable and challenging
Physical education assistant (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: supportive company, fulltime hours on days off
Cons: no chance for growth for parttimers without degree despite seniority with the club
Being able to say you love what you do is one thing, being able to show it is another. Working with children is not for all and unless you have the patience and the desire to grow as a person it's not for you. I have to follow a daily schedule of activities as well as be coach, doctor, mediator, or teacher. Being adaptable is crucial to the job. I have learned and continue to learn that unless I'm willing to learn and be modest as well as humble I cant learn nor enjoy my job. Management has changed often while I've been at the club and had to adjust to the different personalities but none the less being a subordinate is not an issue and I 'm able to work with others effectively. My coworkers are a pleasure to be around and while they are younger in years I address them as colleagues not to use age as an excuse to be haughty.The hardest part of the job is having to deal with a new child who may have issues and not being told about this and then realizing the parents are not supportive in terms of how to deal with the child.the most enjoyable part is being part of these kids growth, and playing a part in who they become.
Fun working place and constantly changing.
Tutor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Great Place to work. Love being around the kids and having the opportunity to educating the youth. I also enjoy the constantly changing environment. The locations need better management and better communication between the Kids, Staff, and management.
Fun workplace
TEEN COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Marlin, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good pay, flexible hours
Cons: no breaks, no benefits
Working at the Boys and Girls Club was fun most of the time. Most of the kids were respectful and listened, which made the job easier and more fun. Had great coworkers and the boss was extremely considerate if an issue came up or we needed a day off. The most enjoyable part of the job would be arts and crafts with the kids. The hardest part was when there were children who did not want to follow instructions. I learned how to communicate with children of all ages, how to keep them interested, and how to manage a large group. The days seemed long but, they were always full of laughter and smiles.
Summer job
Group Leader (Former Employee), San Augustine, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Very fun place to work the children can be a little two much to handle but over all the environment was great and the activities were furn also.
Productive teaching and playing foozball with children
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: direct activities on the outside field of young men.
Cons: short breaks
Come in early, sign in start maintenance, homework help with the children then have activties. I learned how co-op with the children. Management was very helpful to me I got through the program to where I am now. Co-workers were nice people -helpful. The hardest part of the job was leaving when the children's parents would pick them up at the end of the day. Most enjoyable part of the job seeing the smiles on the children's faces while teaching them and playing with them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Photos