Boys & Girls Club Employee Reviews

after school fun
Youth Coordinator/Office Assistant (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAAugust 31, 2015
Helping youth with homework and over seeing them in daily after school activities was a grate experience I was not ready for, but over time gave me the skills to be able to work with children and be of service .
Youth Development Professional
Youth Development Professional (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2015
I work with children in the after school program to help them develop and school and excel with work outside of school. We also do programs to help them to develop into leaders around the community.
A wonderful place to work!!!!
Lead Summer Program Leader (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 29, 2015
I was responsible for providing fun learning practices for the children. I had a great time watching the children grow, learn how to read, and become the most amazing little kids I have ever worked with.
A wonderful place where a Kid can be a Kid !!!!
Activity Coordinator (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARAugust 29, 2015
 Plan, develop, organize and implement programs and supervise program staff. Oversee the delivery of a dynamic and diverse range of programs for the positive
 Program such as: Smart Girls, Smart Moves, Power Hour, and Be Great.
 Assisted in ordering and purchasing supplies for activities and picking up materials needed from outside facility.4
fun safe environment for children
assistant child care provider (Former Employee), Globe, AZAugust 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches children get to play outside
Cons: nothing
do arts and crafts and homework. Play games with the kids to improve their team work skills. always doing something fun. great environment for a kid to go after school or during the summer
Club life
Camp/Afterschool Counselor (Current Employee), Nashville, NCAugust 27, 2015
The kids are great and it is an extremely rewarding job! Watching children grow and teaching them skills they will use the rest of their life is a wonderful experience. Being a good mentor and a role model for children is a rewarding experience, the bond created with the kids is everlasting. I'd love to work at the Boys and girls a club again. I was a club kid myself.
Fun Place to work at
Assist the Site Coordinator/Director (Current Employee), Carson, CAAugust 25, 2015
The children are so adorable and fun to be around. Staff are helpful and are their to help you. You get to supervise and interact with the children.
the most enjoyable parts
Program aide (Former Employee), Alamosa, COAugust 25, 2015
Pros: the kids
Cons: it was only seasonal
I enjoyed teaching the kids and learning from them as well. I also go to go on some of the field trips. Being able to make a difference in a child's life is amazeing.
typical day
Líder de artes Marciales (Taekwondo) (Former Employee), puerto ricoAugust 24, 2015
I teach taekwondo too and I am like a support for my students, sometimes they dont have anytinght to do in all day and I arrive to the club and for they are like an inspiration for his life.
Preparing me for my future
Game Room Coordinator (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 23, 2015
I enjoyed working at the Boys and Girls Club, because I had the opportunity to make an positive impact with the youth that I work with.
fun and exciting
Cafeteria Cleaner (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2015
Pros: you get free snacks
Cons: breaks are real short
its fun if you like kids you get to help kids with homework and interact with them doing activities a downside is that the kids be having attitudes and you just have to deal with it
Fun Work Place
TEACHER AIDE (Former Employee), Aldelanto,CAAugust 20, 2015
Mentor children, and tutor them with their homework assignments. I learn ways to interact with them, by doing different types of project that allowed them to show me who where as a person. I was involved in camp activities, also in daily fun activities indoor/outdoors.
a great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), South Portland, MEAugust 20, 2015
Helped kids with homework and would lead group games and activities. Volunteering gave me a great experience working with children. All volunteers and staff were a pleasure to work with.
Good experience
America Reads Tutor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 19, 2015
Working at the Boys and Girls Club in New Haven was a great experience. I was expected to help groups of children complete their homework assignments. I was also expected to keep the materials organized. I loved helping the children reinforce material that they had learned in school.
Techer Assistant
Assist teacher (Former Employee), Milwaukee WiAugust 19, 2015
Assist teacher with daily activities for summer camp student. Help student with class work. As well as chaperone on field trips and outings
Mentoring to the Youth everyday, accoplishing goals
Teen Director (Current Employee), Ridgeland, SCAugust 19, 2015
Set goals and accomplish them.
Strive to more and better than you were yesterday.
Stay focus on the task at hand.
Do everything the best of your ability
Comfortable work environment and great co-workers
Teachers Aid (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLAugust 19, 2015
A typical day at work started early in the morning where i checked and signed the kids in who were apart of the program. We had a set schedule with different assignments depending on the day and the total number of students.
I usually managed and overlooked the kids as they were working. My paperwork work was minimal, i was more hands on with the kids, I also worked with a fellow teacher who was in the room at the same time. We got along great. The hardest part of the job would probably have been the disciplinary part, or having to remove kids from the program.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have been interacting with the various different kids.
Long hours, but good people
CUSTODIAN/ MAINTENANCE (Former Employee), San Marcos texasAugust 19, 2015
I went to the school for training and then landed my certificate and a job soon after. Great school/workplace, great people, nothing negative to say!
Rewarding (Go volunteer)
Mentor/ Daycare provider (Continued as Intern) (Former Employee), Abilene, TXAugust 16, 2015
Cons: Not any monetary benefits
I job was to monitor and help kids play, study, and learn. It was very laid back but it was fun. While it doesn't pay much I'd love to work their again.
A loving environment with lots of respect
Volunteer Staff Member (Former Employee), Bend, ORAugust 15, 2015
This job experience was fun, and the employees weren't judged by their appearance, or their past. There were many project to work on, and being part of a team was very important.