Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Tutor (Former Employee), Starkville, MSMay 21, 2015
I enjoyed working with these kids. It was a classroom of 45 kids and 5 adults. We helped the kids with homework and educational and recreational activities. I learned patience while working here. My co-workers and I had to work very close in order to successfully handle the classroom and please the children.
Fun workplace
Teen Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 21, 2015
Pros: fun workplace
Cons: no breaks
I loved the job and the children. I enjoyed the impact that the staff made concerning the children. The company was great to work for and I would return to ensure that the kids could be better people in society.
Fun place to work, with generally light office work.
Membership Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
Cons: Not full time.
A typical day at work is answering phone calls, entering member data, and enrolling new members.

I learned how to type quicker, I've gotten way better with my customer service skills, and my memorization skills have improved as well.

My co-workers are all very respectful and it makes the job way easier. There is really no drama or anything other than focus on the kids.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the members and their parents. Very diverse.
Fun, meet lots of kids & youth, GREAT field trips for kids, many educational programs & tutoring
Administrator & Director (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch & homework snacks for kids, free field trips, parent & volunteer groups are so helpful
Cons: late closing hours for staff
I learned so many new and different things that kids are learning in school today, just by managing the facility and tutoring students after school. It's the BEST and SAFEST place to be after school.
Rigid in Practice
Assistant (Former Employee), Cumberland, WIMay 19, 2015
Pros: Working along side children, watching them learn
Cons: Structure was rigid
The goals of this work place are valuable for society. As someone who is naturally unorthodox, my input was not considered valuable and I felt isolated as a staff member, and I accept some responsibility for that. Strength is learned from example, and the kind of strength I have was not something that is considered valuable in this changing society and world.
very fun, exciting working withthe children and learning new things. also the working part was hard but enjoyable.
Volunteer work - Boys and girls club (Former Employee), Dover, DEMay 19, 2015
Pros: lunch, communication skills, cleaning skills, teamwork
Cons: not many environment opportunites
a typical day at work is fun, draining but you learn so many new things along with teaching the children. I also got to learn so much about children and how they react. the as a manger things as in cleaning, making sure everything and everyone is okay and in place. have to be in order and you answer a lot of questions throughout the day plus the paper work that's involved but I loved it the hardest part was leaving because the children and parents loved to come just to see a smile on their faces made my day.
Excellent work environment
Director of Operations (Current Employee), Deactur, INMay 14, 2015
Pros: Good insureance benefits for full time staff.
Cons: Eating lunch at my desk.
This job has been by far the most rewarding job, outside of the home, that I have ever had. The atmosphere is upbeat, fun yet professional. My co-workers are great to work with. The most enjoyable thing about this job was watching the club members evolve into responsible young people.
Productive and fun
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 13, 2015
Pros: making an impact on children
Cons: pay, staff
I enjoyed the children, the workplace was amazing. It was the staff and the way they handled things that led me to my decision.
Rewarding job
Tutor for Intervention Program (Current Employee), San leandro, CAMay 13, 2015
Helping children expand knowledge. Doing homework and learning to read more. Also help in math. Students are in third to fifth grade at an elementary school.
Fun environment with small work family.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Queens, NYMay 11, 2015
Modells sporting goods was a great environment to work. It felt like a family and the managers listened to what ever problem you may have and try to accommodate you. The customers made it even better. I was able to learn and work in every department and became very knowledgeable with items. Modells always provided an opportunity for personal growth.
Not a bad company to work for
Program Specialist II Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ILMay 11, 2015
The only work they have to offer is during the Spring and Summer seasons. This would be a great job for someone who is home for the summer from college or a high school student
AWESOME
Art Teacher (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMay 11, 2015
Not a money making place. It is non profit but it pays the bills, and thats what a job is supposed to do. I taught art here during the summer program. It was stressful at first becuase I had only previously taught sunday school kids. Not exactly the same group. But I learned how to respect children for what they handle and do, and not for their age. It is definitely not a job you can have without caring.
Internship
Teacher (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: lunch, work, enviorment
Cons: no pay, internship
i really enjoyed this job, even though it was an internship. i was happy to help out my community.
I was a math mentor at a boy and girls club.
Boys and Girls Club
Teen Program Director/In-House Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Woonsocket, RIMay 10, 2015
Pros: fun activities and programs for kids
Cons: poor pay
Working for a boys and girls club will always be a positive experience because you're making a difference in lives of youths depending on the community you're living in.
This job can become very stressful if you don't have patience and lack the support of management to be successful at this position.
Fun Summer Job!
Music Teacher (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 9, 2015
Wonderful place if you are good with kids. Fun summer job that meant a lot to me. Loved working with kids from all backgrounds and being able to inspire and teach them.
Great job for working with kids
Counselor (Former Employee), Union, NJMay 9, 2015
Pros: Free snacks
Cons: No job security
Great place to work if you love working with kids. Co-workers are hard-working and very casual for the most part. Only bad thing is, its a part time job.
Rewarding
Youth Counselor (Former Employee), Brownsville, TNMay 8, 2015
Pros: Fun, Helping Kids
Cons: No Healthcare
Working with the kids was a joy. No company benefits other than 401K was not appealing. Enjoyed a lot of activities with the kids at the center and outside of the center.
helped kids with homework
teen counselor (Former Employee), Bellwood, ILMay 4, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed spending time with the kids
Cons: No breaks
Help the children with their homework and play educational games. I learned that the children only react off of the staffs behavior. The management was okay and so was the co-workers. There was not any hard parts to the job. The most enjoyable part was getting to play different games with the children.
Group Advisor
Group Advisor (Former Employee), Providence, RIMay 3, 2015
Design deliver, and evaluate camp program that meets the needs and interests of the camps target populations and ensure their delivery in a safe and quality manner. Remain current with information on the developmental needs of youth. Annually seek and analyze input from youth, families, and staff regarding the quality, safety, and enjoyment of the program and staff. Develop and implement crisis and risk management procedures.
Teen Specailist (Current Employee), Sandersville, GAMay 3, 2015
Pros: works with kids
Cons: not many hours
I keep the kids learn various things at the facility. We do different types of programs and I administrative the programs to te kids. We help with home home

1 2 3 4 5

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Salaries

$7.90 per hour

Boys & Girls Club Photos

Connect with Love
fun
Wacky tacky day at work.