Boys & Girls Club Employee Reviews

fun safe environment for children
assistant child care provider (Former Employee), Globe, AZAugust 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches children get to play outside
Cons: nothing
do arts and crafts and homework. Play games with the kids to improve their team work skills. always doing something fun. great environment for a kid to go after school or during the summer
Club life
Camp/Afterschool Counselor (Current Employee), Nashville, NCAugust 27, 2015
The kids are great and it is an extremely rewarding job! Watching children grow and teaching them skills they will use the rest of their life is a wonderful experience. Being a good mentor and a role model for children is a rewarding experience, the bond created with the kids is everlasting. I'd love to work at the Boys and girls a club again. I was a club kid myself.
Fun Place to work at
Assist the Site Coordinator/Director (Current Employee), Carson, CAAugust 25, 2015
The children are so adorable and fun to be around. Staff are helpful and are their to help you. You get to supervise and interact with the children.
the most enjoyable parts
Program aide (Former Employee), Alamosa, COAugust 25, 2015
Pros: the kids
Cons: it was only seasonal
I enjoyed teaching the kids and learning from them as well. I also go to go on some of the field trips. Being able to make a difference in a child's life is amazeing.
typical day
Líder de artes Marciales (Taekwondo) (Former Employee), puerto ricoAugust 24, 2015
I teach taekwondo too and I am like a support for my students, sometimes they dont have anytinght to do in all day and I arrive to the club and for they are like an inspiration for his life.
Preparing me for my future
Game Room Coordinator (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 23, 2015
I enjoyed working at the Boys and Girls Club, because I had the opportunity to make an positive impact with the youth that I work with.
fun and exciting
Cafeteria Cleaner (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2015
Pros: you get free snacks
Cons: breaks are real short
its fun if you like kids you get to help kids with homework and interact with them doing activities a downside is that the kids be having attitudes and you just have to deal with it
Fun Work Place
TEACHER AIDE (Former Employee), Aldelanto,CAAugust 20, 2015
Mentor children, and tutor them with their homework assignments. I learn ways to interact with them, by doing different types of project that allowed them to show me who where as a person. I was involved in camp activities, also in daily fun activities indoor/outdoors.
a great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), South Portland, MEAugust 20, 2015
Helped kids with homework and would lead group games and activities. Volunteering gave me a great experience working with children. All volunteers and staff were a pleasure to work with.
Good experience
America Reads Tutor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 19, 2015
Working at the Boys and Girls Club in New Haven was a great experience. I was expected to help groups of children complete their homework assignments. I was also expected to keep the materials organized. I loved helping the children reinforce material that they had learned in school.
Techer Assistant
Assist teacher (Former Employee), Milwaukee WiAugust 19, 2015
Assist teacher with daily activities for summer camp student. Help student with class work. As well as chaperone on field trips and outings
Mentoring to the Youth everyday, accoplishing goals
Teen Director (Current Employee), Ridgeland, SCAugust 19, 2015
Set goals and accomplish them.
Strive to more and better than you were yesterday.
Stay focus on the task at hand.
Do everything the best of your ability
Comfortable work environment and great co-workers
Teachers Aid (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLAugust 19, 2015
A typical day at work started early in the morning where i checked and signed the kids in who were apart of the program. We had a set schedule with different assignments depending on the day and the total number of students.
I usually managed and overlooked the kids as they were working. My paperwork work was minimal, i was more hands on with the kids, I also worked with a fellow teacher who was in the room at the same time. We got along great. The hardest part of the job would probably have been the disciplinary part, or having to remove kids from the program.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have been interacting with the various different kids.
Long hours, but good people
CUSTODIAN/ MAINTENANCE (Former Employee), San Marcos texasAugust 19, 2015
I went to the school for training and then landed my certificate and a job soon after. Great school/workplace, great people, nothing negative to say!
Rewarding (Go volunteer)
Mentor/ Daycare provider (Continued as Intern) (Former Employee), Abilene, TXAugust 16, 2015
Cons: Not any monetary benefits
I job was to monitor and help kids play, study, and learn. It was very laid back but it was fun. While it doesn't pay much I'd love to work their again.
A loving environment with lots of respect
Volunteer Staff Member (Former Employee), Bend, ORAugust 15, 2015
This job experience was fun, and the employees weren't judged by their appearance, or their past. There were many project to work on, and being part of a team was very important.
cool place to work
Counselor (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 15, 2015
I personally enjoyed working there because of the children we counseled and the counselors. Everyone looked out for each other. The counselors were from the area so they knew the children.
fun place to work with children
Receptionist (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 14, 2015
I enjoyed my time there. It is a great place to work if you are a college student and need a job in the evenings. It requires little child care experience.
Fast paced work enviroment
Program Aide (Former Employee), Fernley, NVAugust 14, 2015
Amazing staff and environment. I was sad to leave. they have a great Reno team as well as the Fernley team. they always keep the kids moving and doing something fun. while i was working at the teen center we went on some amazing field trips. The kids seem to have a lot of fun and enjoyed coming everyday.
productive, fun place , and very family oriented
Coach/Mentor (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch, free snacks, homework hour/down time, free Friday, plays, celebration of kids and the basketball teams
Cons: short breaks, favoritism
The Boys and Girls Club is a very fun place for adults and kids to be at, at the same time they are very serious about education and were they want the kids that come there to be in life. they crack down on rules and education for kids. They came up with ideas and ways to help kids get their homework done, and had help for the children when they didn't understand their work. they also welcomed you and talked to you like you were their very own, they treat you with full respect with everything you do , and they also have activities for the adults that work there to help us become closer with each other for the sake of communication and work. The hardest part of the job was keeping the kids in line and making sure that rotation went on time and making sure kids were in there perspective places. it was also hard to teach the young men there how to treat the lady workers as well as the young woman that attended the Club.The most enjoyable part about them is that you become so close to the workers and the kids that it seems as if your family and you see each other everyday, the respect that comes from them is beyond amazing. My co-workers adapted to me and the kids so fast and well they got attached so quickly i felt like i had known them my entire life.