Boys & Girls Club Employee Reviews

Enjoyed tutoring and working with kids!
Youth Development Worker (Current Employee), Lake City, TNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great people who really cared about kids
Cons: Not full time
Supervised students after school and during the summer. Helped students with homework. Coordinated an art project during the summer. Supervised students during a service learning project at the local nursing home.
fun way to make a difference in our community.
Pre-teen Counselor (Current Employee), Pawtucket, RIJuly 26, 2015
Pros: connect with kids
Cons: non-profit organizations have low pay
every day you go in greet the kids, help them with their home work and then run a activity (gym, swim, computers, etc.). then we have lunch and then run another activity and then the kids get picked up.
Great company
Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Fun job!
Cons: Not enough pay
I loved working for the company, I loved my co workers and the type of work I did. My only issue is the amount of pay and the fact that I was paid because of a grant so if the grant is not renewed I did not have a job
Boy and Girls Club
Coach teenagers (Former Employee), Richmond, KYJuly 23, 2015
•Organized and/or assisted with activities such as: school work, job searching, volunteer work, community/social activities and life skill development.
•Worked closely with the Case Manager and other program staff as a vital part of the service team.
More than just a job.
Jr.Staff (Current Employee), Glasgow, KYJuly 23, 2015
Working at the Boys and Girls club is more than just a job, it's a place where you can make a difference as well. With locations all across America, this organization not only gives you experience working with children from all different backgrounds but gives you insight of what today's children endure. A typical day at work is being a supportive leader and role model to the members.
Love the company
Unit Director (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 23, 2015
I miss working for this company. I love the people and the kids. I loved working with the youth. The company just did not pay enough.
great place to work
Actiivity Leader (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 23, 2015
I love this place. always have work in place for employees. the supervisors are great and kind. always calls when work is avail never a dull moment with work or needing work.
Great, welcoming environment
Recreational Leader (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Positive influence on children.
Cons: Temporary position.
Work with the 'Boys and Girls Club' was an amazing experience. I learned showing enthusiasm will take you to further in any career. My co-workers were once strangers and we soon became friends. The hardest part of the job is cleaning the restrooms. The most enjoyable part is knowing the children are having fun and are safe.
Productive and fun work place. Great staff and students! Awesome experience.
Activity Leader-After School Program (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: work hands on with children, and along side awesome staff.
Cons: only part ime, not garunteed a summer position.
a typical day at the Boys and girls club would start by prepping activities planned in advance for that particular day. Activities would include but not be limited to; indoor/outdoor games, art and music. All planned activities would be fun, safe, exciting and incorporate education. staff to student ratio would usually be 20-1 so it is very important to keep students engaged and have time fillers to keep activities flowing and transition form one activity to the next. Power hour is used as homework time, students are encouraged to complete homework assignments during this time and can get help if needed. Maintain a good rapport with staff, students and parents and ensure safety of all participating in activities.
This best recreation center
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES (Former Employee), Thompson st 78702July 18, 2015
Pros: Had respect by everybody
Cons: I did like wen they get mad because i left early
Wen to this place everyday after school its so fun i love this place just that way they help with everything i need it i miss it so much i got my cleaning skills for this place. How to be responsible make every body get there snack. The hardest part was paying the boys and girls club every month i did have a job and i really was know at the boys and girls club so they say on me about alot thing. One thing i love about this job i ever had job an its my first one
Very work friendly place
Program Assistant (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJuly 17, 2015
This is a very safe place to bring your kids you will learn teamwork , time management the co-worker are very nice and easy to get along with the hardest part is dealing with bad kids the most enjoy part is when I see the kids smiling face
Very fun
Sales Associate/Inventory Management Supervisor (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJuly 17, 2015
Very inviting environment, great co-workers and managers. Everyone is down to earth and is willing to work around your schedule
creative and supportive company
Teen Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 17, 2015
Pros: community based
Cons: limited resources
loved working for boys and girls club. loved working with children and families. Staff and managers where great and very supportive.
i will work fo this company again
staff (Former Employee), portland,orJuly 15, 2015
i liked working for this company everybody was nice and kind and helpfull.we worked with kids playing games.taking them on field tripsand just seeing kids smile made me happy.
Productive work place
Program generalist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 14, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: short breaks
Fun place to work at with eight hour shifts. I learned how to work independently and with a team. Working with children made me become more of a humble person.
Busy fast paced environment that is challenging and fulfilling
Summer Program Specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: short breaks, demanding hours
The Boys and Girls Club provides a space for busy working families to bring their children and involve them in a positive healthy environment that helps them grow and mature into active members in their communities. It is a fun and rewarding place to work especially when you can see the impact you are making with the youth in the community. It requires a large amount of patience from you and working with kids that come from diverse backgrounds may not always have you prepared, however the amount you learn and grow from the experience is invaluable.
Fun work place with a opportunity to grow
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Port Salerno, FLJuly 12, 2015
Organizing a orderly program and guidelines for youth to follow. To ensure safety with every club member. Developing fun, engaging, and educational activities for youth.
value
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Easy Duties
Cons: Temporary
This company had a great working system they gave youth a place to be kid during hard times. In the city of pittsburgh of rec centers where closing and no long offering their services.
Its okay
Volunteer (Former Employee), Selma, NCJuly 11, 2015
Playing with kids.
How to deal with a lot of different personality.
Co-workers really wasn't open or nice.
I didn't really like volunteering there because the workers wasn't very nice
Fun work place , Safe Enviroment
Staff Member (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Lots of activities with the kids
I enjoyed working at the boys and girls club you get to meet lots of funny children that keep your day going. I supervised children activities, helped organize supplies, and helped out with homework made sure they were in a safe fun environment.