Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club Employee Reviews

Amazing Staff and Leadership
Youth Development Professional/Program Director (Current Employee), Chula VIsta, CAJune 1, 2015
Working for the BGC made me realize I love working with kids. I found my job very rewarding and challenging! My co-workers and supervisors are very supportive.
Loved working with the kids
Health and Life Skills Coordinator (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIJune 1, 2015
I loved going to work and seeing the kids faces everyday. I felt like I was making a difference in their lives and that they could use what I taught them in their own lives. My coworkers were great and were always there when I needed advice or help with any problems. I enjoyed every minute of going to work, and would not have traded it for anything else.
Fun Place
Youth Development Professional (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free shirts
Cons: Short Breaks
Very good place to work if you are trying to specialize in kids. Co-Workers are very fun to be around. Breaks and pay are short if you are barley starting off in the business.
Fun work place.
Program Aid (Current Employee), Fernley, NVMay 31, 2015
The Club is an amazing place to work, it has awesome people who work there. It gives me hope to wake up and work there every single day.
Productive and fun workplace focused around caring for children.
Vista Member (Former Employee), Yorktown, VAMay 30, 2015
I was responsible for basic camp counselor duties such as manning the front desk periodically, keeping a watchful eye over groups at a time and making sure they stay on task with whichever group they were assigned to at the moment, distributing lunch and snacks, and also in charge of the education component of the program. My co-workers were nice for the most part and so was my site supervisor. He assisted me when I needed help and offered to write any letter of recommendation that I may need in the future.The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the children everyday and learning their different personalities.
Productive and hard working
Mentor with Reading and Math (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 28, 2015
Working with children and seeing them prosper in their work and activities. I have learned that children are precious and need tender loving care. My management was very helpful. My co-workers was pleasant and helpful. I didn't have any hard part of my job because I got along with others. The most enjoyable part was getting along with others.
Educational environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: wonderful people, experiences with kids, learned
I had a chance to work with a great person who gave me a chance to volunteer at their school. I volunteered at Manual Esqueda Elementary and I volunteered for their Boys and Girls Club every day after school. I tutored students in the library with math and English. I also created activities for the girls who were part of the cheer leading team and taught them cheers for upcoming football games. Every day was different and something new to work with which was really fascinating to me. It was nice to hear that the girls would tell my manager that they liked the way I taught them and they actually learned. I found out many things about myself when I volunteered here that I didn't know. When it was time to go to the actual Club the children had plenty of activities and help for those who needed extra help on their homework assignments. I gave them as much of assistance as I could to those students who asked for help.
fun work place but low pay
Cheerleading Coach (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 28, 2015
Pros: trips
Cons: pay, no lunch break
a typical day at work would be me basically helping out with homework , and after a certain time , then cheer leading starts and that's what entertains me every Monday-Friday which is also the most enjoyable part of the job . my co-workers are like family , they treat any and everyone with kindness and that's the type of environment anyone should want to be in . the hardest part of the job would be the pay ,i ask for more hours almost all the time , for someone who has to pay college tuition's alone shouldn't only work2 hours and get the payroll of a child , i just want a paycheck like everyone else there , i mean i do put in the effort and even volunteer sometimes .
Counselor (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CAMay 26, 2015
I love working there. The boos was a nice person and really out going. My coworkers were really friendly we all played like a team. We make sure we had every thing done on time.
Fun place to work
Tutor (Former Employee), Starkville, MSMay 21, 2015
I enjoyed working with these kids. It was a classroom of 45 kids and 5 adults. We helped the kids with homework and educational and recreational activities. I learned patience while working here. My co-workers and I had to work very close in order to successfully handle the classroom and please the children.
Fun workplace
Teen Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 21, 2015
Pros: fun workplace
Cons: no breaks
I loved the job and the children. I enjoyed the impact that the staff made concerning the children. The company was great to work for and I would return to ensure that the kids could be better people in society.
Fun place to work, with generally light office work.
Membership Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
Cons: Not full time.
A typical day at work is answering phone calls, entering member data, and enrolling new members.

I learned how to type quicker, I've gotten way better with my customer service skills, and my memorization skills have improved as well.

My co-workers are all very respectful and it makes the job way easier. There is really no drama or anything other than focus on the kids.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the members and their parents. Very diverse.
Fun, meet lots of kids & youth, GREAT field trips for kids, many educational programs & tutoring
Administrator & Director (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch & homework snacks for kids, free field trips, parent & volunteer groups are so helpful
Cons: late closing hours for staff
I learned so many new and different things that kids are learning in school today, just by managing the facility and tutoring students after school. It's the BEST and SAFEST place to be after school.
Rigid in Practice
Assistant (Former Employee), Cumberland, WIMay 19, 2015
Pros: Working along side children, watching them learn
Cons: Structure was rigid
The goals of this work place are valuable for society. As someone who is naturally unorthodox, my input was not considered valuable and I felt isolated as a staff member, and I accept some responsibility for that. Strength is learned from example, and the kind of strength I have was not something that is considered valuable in this changing society and world.
very fun, exciting working withthe children and learning new things. also the working part was hard but enjoyable.
Volunteer work - Boys and girls club (Former Employee), Dover, DEMay 19, 2015
Pros: lunch, communication skills, cleaning skills, teamwork
Cons: not many environment opportunites
a typical day at work is fun, draining but you learn so many new things along with teaching the children. I also got to learn so much about children and how they react. the as a manger things as in cleaning, making sure everything and everyone is okay and in place. have to be in order and you answer a lot of questions throughout the day plus the paper work that's involved but I loved it the hardest part was leaving because the children and parents loved to come just to see a smile on their faces made my day.
Excellent work environment
Director of Operations (Current Employee), Deactur, INMay 14, 2015
Pros: Good insureance benefits for full time staff.
Cons: Eating lunch at my desk.
This job has been by far the most rewarding job, outside of the home, that I have ever had. The atmosphere is upbeat, fun yet professional. My co-workers are great to work with. The most enjoyable thing about this job was watching the club members evolve into responsible young people.
Productive and fun
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 13, 2015
Pros: making an impact on children
Cons: pay, staff
I enjoyed the children, the workplace was amazing. It was the staff and the way they handled things that led me to my decision.
Rewarding job
Tutor for Intervention Program (Current Employee), San leandro, CAMay 13, 2015
Helping children expand knowledge. Doing homework and learning to read more. Also help in math. Students are in third to fifth grade at an elementary school.
Fun environment with small work family.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Queens, NYMay 11, 2015
Modells sporting goods was a great environment to work. It felt like a family and the managers listened to what ever problem you may have and try to accommodate you. The customers made it even better. I was able to learn and work in every department and became very knowledgeable with items. Modells always provided an opportunity for personal growth.
Not a bad company to work for
Program Specialist II Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ILMay 11, 2015
The only work they have to offer is during the Spring and Summer seasons. This would be a great job for someone who is home for the summer from college or a high school student

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Salaries

$9.00 per hour

Boys & Girls Club Photos

Connect with Love
fun
Wacky tacky day at work.