Boys & Girls Club Employee Reviews

fun place to work with children
Receptionist (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 14, 2015
I enjoyed my time there. It is a great place to work if you are a college student and need a job in the evenings. It requires little child care experience.
Fast paced work enviroment
Program Aide (Former Employee), Fernley, NVAugust 14, 2015
Amazing staff and environment. I was sad to leave. they have a great Reno team as well as the Fernley team. they always keep the kids moving and doing something fun. while i was working at the teen center we went on some amazing field trips. The kids seem to have a lot of fun and enjoyed coming everyday.
productive, fun place , and very family oriented
Coach/Mentor (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch, free snacks, homework hour/down time, free Friday, plays, celebration of kids and the basketball teams
Cons: short breaks, favoritism
The Boys and Girls Club is a very fun place for adults and kids to be at, at the same time they are very serious about education and were they want the kids that come there to be in life. they crack down on rules and education for kids. They came up with ideas and ways to help kids get their homework done, and had help for the children when they didn't understand their work. they also welcomed you and talked to you like you were their very own, they treat you with full respect with everything you do , and they also have activities for the adults that work there to help us become closer with each – more... other for the sake of communication and work. The hardest part of the job was keeping the kids in line and making sure that rotation went on time and making sure kids were in there perspective places. it was also hard to teach the young men there how to treat the lady workers as well as the young woman that attended the Club.The most enjoyable part about them is that you become so close to the workers and the kids that it seems as if your family and you see each other everyday, the respect that comes from them is beyond amazing. My co-workers adapted to me and the kids so fast and well they got attached so quickly i felt like i had known them my entire life. – less
What I learned
Teen Impact Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester, MNAugust 11, 2015
What I learned while working with teens, primarily at-risk youth, is that each and every child is unique and has their own story to tell. You can never predict how the day is going to go, but regardless of the level of difficulty, or the attitude you may encounter. Children& teens are beautiful. Every child deserves love and embrace. They deserve support and understanding, regardless of their choices or their upbringing. You can't choose where you come from - but you can choose where you go from there.
Amazing experiences and meeting great people and kids!
Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Teaching kids, helping out, wonderful management team!
Cons: N/A
I love this organization and have been involved with them since a very young age. My entire family is a part of Boys & Girls Club.
Boys and girls club
Food prepartion worker (Former Employee), Boston maAugust 7, 2015
A great experience. I enjoyed prepping food for the campers.most of the coworkers was nice. I wish I can work their again.
Filled with many memories
ASSISTANT COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Trenton, NJAugust 7, 2015
This job gave me the opportunity to work with children. While doing so I had the chance to study them and get to know them and help them in anyway. It played a big part in humbling me.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
School-Age Site Coordinator (Current Employee), Georgetown, DEAugust 7, 2015
I enjoy my job because the members make it easier to do. I love teaching them new things about life, school, work, and etc. Everyday is different with everything. My co-workers and I come in with different emotions or moods; however, we still manage to work together. I love doing it for the members.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 7, 2015
Excellent place to work with children where you can educate and teach them valuable learning experiences. The counselors treat every individual with the same respect.
Fun and fast paced work enviroment
Admin/Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Paula, CAAugust 6, 2015
The boys and girls club was a wonderful place to work. The staff were all extremely helpful and there was never a dull moment.
Productive and Fun place to work and develop young students
Tutor (Current Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 5, 2015
The job is an after school program in which we assist children grades k-6th in homework as well as plan fun enrichment activities ranging from arts and crafts to soccer and basketball. The staff is always friendly and are always willing to help if you have trouble with certain children that are disrupting class or are being mean to their peers.
A fun environment and what I enjoyed the most was the enrichment activities one gets to plan for their group.
I volunteered here
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 29, 2015
Pros: to work with children
Cons: lack of infrastructure
I volunteered here and worked with students on academic study. We were able to help children with their studies as well as connect with them on personal level.
Enjoyed tutoring and working with kids!
Youth Development Worker (Current Employee), Lake City, TNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great people who really cared about kids
Cons: Not full time
Supervised students after school and during the summer. Helped students with homework. Coordinated an art project during the summer. Supervised students during a service learning project at the local nursing home.
fun way to make a difference in our community.
Pre-teen Counselor (Current Employee), Pawtucket, RIJuly 26, 2015
Pros: connect with kids
Cons: non-profit organizations have low pay
every day you go in greet the kids, help them with their home work and then run a activity (gym, swim, computers, etc.). then we have lunch and then run another activity and then the kids get picked up.
Great company
Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Fun job!
Cons: Not enough pay
I loved working for the company, I loved my co workers and the type of work I did. My only issue is the amount of pay and the fact that I was paid because of a grant so if the grant is not renewed I did not have a job
Boy and Girls Club
Coach teenagers (Former Employee), Richmond, KYJuly 23, 2015
•Organized and/or assisted with activities such as: school work, job searching, volunteer work, community/social activities and life skill development.
•Worked closely with the Case Manager and other program staff as a vital part of the service team.
More than just a job.
Jr.Staff (Current Employee), Glasgow, KYJuly 23, 2015
Working at the Boys and Girls club is more than just a job, it's a place where you can make a difference as well. With locations all across America, this organization not only gives you experience working with children from all different backgrounds but gives you insight of what today's children endure. A typical day at work is being a supportive leader and role model to the members.
Love the company
Unit Director (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 23, 2015
I miss working for this company. I love the people and the kids. I loved working with the youth. The company just did not pay enough.
great place to work
Actiivity Leader (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 23, 2015
I love this place. always have work in place for employees. the supervisors are great and kind. always calls when work is avail never a dull moment with work or needing work.
Great, welcoming environment
Recreational Leader (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Positive influence on children.
Cons: Temporary position.
Work with the 'Boys and Girls Club' was an amazing experience. I learned showing enthusiasm will take you to further in any career. My co-workers were once strangers and we soon became friends. The hardest part of the job is cleaning the restrooms. The most enjoyable part is knowing the children are having fun and are safe.