Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club Employer Reviews

very wonderful staff to help out your kids
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee), Sparta, WIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: working with children
Cons: not eough hours
helping the kids than talking to my co workers .I get along great with all my co workers the hardest part of the job is when they are being disrespectful and always saying no .the most enjoyable part is walking into work and have two of the 1st graders waiting for me to come thru the door.
Third grad after school teacher, fun, a bit crazy at times.
Teacher/Counselor (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: fun, active
Cons: management, scheduling
To start my day I walk with two other co-workers to pick up the children from Kaiser elementary. I am in charge of 28 eight year olds on a daily basis. The boys and girls club at this location is not ran quit professionally and it is a little frustrating. Schedules are not emailed or given to us. They are posted it seems the same monday they start on for that week, or at best the weekend right before the week starts. Schedules always change, adding on or taking away hours. Hardest part of the job would be not having enough time to tutor each individual child. At times we are found choosing which kids to tutor because we do not have enough staff or homework time in the program. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact i get to have such a positive influence in all these eight year olds and that their parents love and trust me. This christmas really made me special receiving so many cards and thank you letters from students and parents for what I do at the boys and girls club.
Exciting never a dull moment.
Youth Program Assistant/ Teen Supervisor (Current Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 4, 2015
I was a teen supervisor, I enteracted with my youth staff and the children that came to the club. There is always something for the kids to in every room throughout the day. We all look forward to the big party at the end of the year.
Growth
President/Board of Directors Member (Former Employee), Detroit Lakes, MNJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: volunterr
Assisted the Board and the Program director establish new funding alternatives to grow the club membership 200%.
Marriott is great!!!
Youth Support Staff (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: marriott's brand
Cons: management
A wonderful opportunity. Marriott is a great company to work for. Plenty of room for growth.
A fun/educating workplace with many games and loving/respectable staff
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Freeport, ILDecember 29, 2014
I would usually help pass out lunch as the kids make it there. Then i would help clean up any mess made while kids sit in lines according to their grade. All assistance go to their grade group and sit their until the teachers make it and we walk to the class room. The teacher takes attendance and we do whatever is planned for the day. When the day is over we wait till the kids leave and go home. I've learned many thing but the most important one is that communication is key, we used it a lot.The management was well and very under control, staff/ co-workers were nice and very well respected. There wasn't really nothing hard about the job because the kids really clicked they loved being around you and i loved seeing them smile every time they knew i was there. when the program was over i still seen the kids in my class around and thy still addressed me with Mrs. Sherrice i still talked to them like everything was normal. i enjoyed being around everyone, everything they were doing was wonderful and i loved being part of this club. i would consider working there if they had me for full time and not seasonal.
Great Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJDecember 29, 2014
Worked well with other children and had fun we seen as a mentor
great place to learn and meet all kinds of people
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2014
made deposit, count money payroll ordering all inventory and did cashiering I learned how to have great customer service skills my co-workers were happy and heard and treated fairly
Learning experience
Leader (Former Employee), Edgewood, MDDecember 29, 2014
assist team leaders, take roll, make sure kids do what they are supposed to do
learned responsibility, different ways of dealing with kids and certain situations
other Leaders In Training were cool
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), bakersfield caDecember 29, 2014
work with kids after school
help them with their homework
come up with fun educational activities for the kids to participate in
Productive environment and a great community
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 28, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: easy work
create lesson plans, interact with the kids, have complete super vision over the kids, fun environment, hard apart of the job is leaving the kids i get along with them so wonderfully, and all the co workers are treated like family with respect work as a team, enjoy seeing everybody smile
camp counselor
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Wendell, NCDecember 22, 2014
this position allows you to work within your community closely with children in elementary to middle school who require support during curriculm
Over sea over the campers
Counselor (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCDecember 18, 2014
Great Place for a college student to work. Gave a great out look on how to maintain a job and school.
Productive work place for kids with fun activities and good lessons
Apprentice (Former Employee), Salem, ORDecember 18, 2014
Typically at work I would just immediately start preparing lunch for the kids, followed by helping serve it. After clean up we'd head outside for a while to play, and then come back inside for a few activities. I learned a lot about the way different children behave and the communication skills it takes to talk to each one differently. Management & my co-workers were wonderful, and always helpful. The hardest part of the job was choreographing a dance routine for the first grade girls, although that got easier, and the most enjoyable part would definitely be getting to know the children and learning how they work, grow, and learn.
boys and Girls Club
Junior Counselor (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJDecember 17, 2014
Cons: short breaks
I really didn't learn much At work, My Co-workers were all friendly and respectful.
Experienced with my workplace
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Weston, WIDecember 17, 2014
Everyday I work different kids. As much I work with them, I experienced many things from the kids. My co-workers are very open
mind. We work as team and we end the day as a team. I mostly enjoy running activities with the kids. My goal is to become a teacher.
Productive and rewarding experience
Volunteer Coach (Current Employee), Orangeburg, SCDecember 15, 2014
Typical day includes warming up and stretching. Boys and Girls are split for group dances. Boys and Girls are then put together to collectively learn a co-ed dance/step choreographed and taught by myself. Most enjoyable when kids look forward to dance practice everyday and are ready to show parents what they have learned
Great Place
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Pequannock, NJDecember 15, 2014
This is a great place to work. The programs are great for the kids and the hours are great and can work around your schedule if you're a college student.
ok job
Mentor (Former Employee), Meridian MsDecember 15, 2014
loved working there I worked with children and would go back
Productive workplace for kids to do keep up in school or hangout with friends
Team Member (Former Employee), Vancouver, WADecember 12, 2014
Pros: friends, workplace, fun, productive, multiple activities
the boys and girls club is a productive workplace for kids to keep up in school or hangout with friends. the kids get help with homework, there are tutors, we fed the kids, took them on fieldtrips, they got to watch movies, play games, play sports. being a volunteer i learned how to work the front desk and sign in the kids, how to make the schedules, make the food, help with homework and i got to work with different people.

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Photos