Boys & Girls Club Employee Reviews in United States

Local community events
Assistant Youth Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMarch 10, 2016
Coached ten to thirteen year old kids from the time I was eighteen years old on a volunteer basis. Left that position to coach a travel team in the spring of 2014
Fun and well maintained after school program.
Counselor/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTMarch 9, 2016
Work days are fairly short. Usually only working 3 hrs a day, 5 days a week.
It is great working with the children. Teaches you many essential life skills.
Fun workplace
Youth Developmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, GAMarch 7, 2016
Making crafts with kids and doing homework with them every day. Making them exercise and be active members of the community was an every day thing
Productive place
Youth care worker/ Arts & Crafts Instructor (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLMarch 6, 2016
Lots of fun to work there. Get experience. I resigned due to lack of hours and lack of pay! I recommend this job to anyone jwho has no kids and attending college.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not many opportunities to advance, low pay and not a full time position
This job was very rewarding!
Volleyball Coach/ Referee (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXMarch 5, 2016
Fridays we would have practice often times we started practice talking about our weeks this helped the kids to connect. I learned so much in this job mainly about how to motivate a team as well as keeping a positive attitude. I had team mates from school sports as co-workers this helped our team relationship on the court. I loved working with my team mates.
Pros
Very upbeat enviroment
Cons
It started team rivalries from team mates trying to push their teams to beat another.
Productive and fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hallsville, TXMarch 5, 2016
Would play with kids, feed them, and help them with anything they needed.
I learned how to connect with different personalities and how to cooperate with different people.
My co-workers were ages 17-19, but helped me learn a lot and made it enjoyable.
fun productive place
Staff (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 2, 2016
work was great always had the chance to help out a kid who needed help with homework or something personal. One really makes a connection with the kids you meet and learn about, you see things in a different perspective.
It was some ups & downs but it was worth it.
Progam Instructor (Former Employee) –  1015 O'Kelly Street Conyers, GeorgiaMarch 2, 2016
Even though I wasn't experienced at first, I eventually (year by year) was taught the right & wrongs about the BGCMA. At first it was really organized & then one by one people were either quiting or getting let go. As people start leaving & the newer people start coming in, it start getting less & less organized & the leadership structer was dissolving. To the point that the kids were cut more slack by full time workers for their misbehavior & the part time workers just had to deal with it. That & other things not to my knowledge made us a "Red flag" club. Which means that our club wasn't up to par & our club was being monitored by some people over the BGCMA. It wasn't all bad though, they taught me how to come up with games & to think faster & more efficient when things dont go how they're suppose to. It started show some improvement when we got our new boss. Unfortunately, my work schedule & my other job didn't match so I couldnt continue working there.
Boys and Girls Club
Capital Workforce Partner (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 1, 2016
A typical day at work was just to clean up every day, organize papers. Any customer that appear we had to always be there for them and help with anything that we could. It was a great customer service.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
assembling
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Assembling of equipment as well as indoor and outdoor group activities for the children and adolescents in the middle of the summer.
very energetic
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAFebruary 29, 2016
fun and energetic place to work keeps you productive and you can tend to build friendships with the children and staff members that you work close to
Pros
traveling
Cons
short breaks
Fun if you like working with children
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAFebruary 29, 2016
It wasn't a bad volunteer job but there were problems with it such as not enough budget for some things such as field trips.
First Job
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAFebruary 28, 2016
It was a decent job and I gain some valuable experience woking with other people. I enjoyed working with the kids and that made my job easier.
Pros
Working with the children
Cons
Job ended too soon
Fun workplace, celebrates creativity, work that doesn't feel like work
Mentor and tutor children (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 27, 2016
you lead programs 5 days a week, with occasional opportunities for work extra hours. It allows a lot of creative freedom and room to express yourself. If you like talking and being around people, this place is perfect. limited amounts of paperwork, great opportunities to stay active. Coworkers and managers are usually very amiable and supportive. the hardest part of the job can at times be time management, but also saying goodbye to the members if you are suddenly transferred to another site.
Pros
creative freedoms
Cons
subject to sudden transfer
Benefical to my future, nice staff
Counselor In Training (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 23, 2016
I worked eight hour days sometimes, but the hours are flexible for volunteers. I grew up around these people so, it was a pretty easy transition, and a very enjoyable experience. Even if you didn't grow up in this community it is a very family friendly business.
Pros
Free lunch, Service hours (volunteer work)
Cons
Some kids are misbehaved
Productve and Fun Workplace
Youth Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 23, 2016
I loved my job at the Boys and Girls its a very welcoming environment. The kids are wonderful and all of the staff act as if we're just one big happy family. There was never a day that I wasn't excited for work.
Very exciting place to work !
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 22, 2016
This was my very first job. I have grown and learned so much thanks to the employers, the customers, the children, and management teams. I came in only as a tutor and left as an Assistant Supervisor who was in charge of various projects and lead my own teams to successful goals. Place is amazing in every way possible.
Teen Mentor
Teen Mentor/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAFebruary 19, 2016
Typical Day at work was getting picked on by High School student, helping them with homework, listening to their problems, offering them career oriented advice, kicking their butts at ping pong, chess, battleship, and watching them grow as adults.

I learned how my son behaves as a teenager

Management was tight and complimenting of eachother

Co workers were pleasant

hardest part of the job was seeing a teen club member in distress or get into legal trouble

Most enjoyable part was having the teens cheer for me when introduced at big events
Pros
Love
Cons
Teen problems (home issues)
Great work place
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, OKFebruary 16, 2016
Loved it, great company to work with. loved the ones i worked with i made great friends and gain great experience. Getting to work with the children was a blessing and it was well worth it.
The boys and Girls club is a fun and learning atmosphere.
Membership Manager (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALFebruary 9, 2016
I have really enjoyed working at the Boys and girls club, I have learned a lot of computer and management skills that i have used in solving issues with parents,kids and staff. I have been recognized for my helpfulness to help management with issues as they occur.

4.4