Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place
Tutor (Former Employee), Wilmington, CAApril 8, 2015
Work was very enjoyable. Management was great and co-workers were very friendly and helpful. I learned how to to interact with children and teens and assist them with anything they needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a student improved their grade or scored high on an exam. It was great to see their hard work paying off.
Volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee), Rutland, VTApril 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with the kids volunteering, helping with homework and other tasks such as answering phones, making snacks, vacuuming and cleaning. It helped make me a better person by helping others.
Fun, productive, and educational work place.
Youth Development Professional (Current Employee), Tracy, CAApril 5, 2015
Every day at the Boys & Girls Club is a positive, and productive day. I've learned a lot when working with our members and communicating. All of my coworkers are great team players working together if we need each others assistance with our members here at the Boys & Girls Club. The hardest part of my job is balancing the one hour we have each program to provide the necessary information for our members because there's a lot of information, but I get done, I give the information to our members in a fun/educational way, and I do it in a timely manner. I enjoy spending time with our members, and my coworkers because I learn something new every day.
Fun to work with kids in a relaxed summer environment.
Camp Staff Member (Former Employee), hampton, virginiaApril 3, 2015
Pros: stay in shape
Cons: the summer heat
A typical day involves rotating between rooms that offer arts and crafts, technology, games, dance, and sports. Time is also set aside for outdoor activities, it weather permits.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Worcester, MAApril 1, 2015
I volunteered a few days a week and thought it was a great experience. I got to work alongside kids from the area and help with them their homework.
The job that meant the most to me. Was hard though with family.
Office Manager/Community Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: Helping with others, working with other non-profits, making a difference
Cons: No job security in non-profit, split schedule was hard on family
Working with at risk youth, making a difference. Provided support to the community as well as civic leaders. Gained experienced in multi-cultural environments. Our program served over 900+ youth from seven sites and I maintained those records with accuracy, thoroughness and confidentiality. Collaborated with local authorities on current gang activity, Organized summer job programs, annual health and employment fairs, Coordinated and represented members for special court docket.
Fuyn place if you like working with kids
Youth Worker (Former Employee), Camden, NJApril 1, 2015
Helping with homework, monitoring safe play, handing out snacks, building close ties with parents, hardest part is dealing with the teens at night, they are harder to control with the extra attitude that comes with being a teenager
Very fun Internship!!
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 30, 2015
I did this job as a summer internship, and i really enjoyed it!
I recommend this for anyone 16-18. It really is a wonderful experience!
GREAT WORKING ENVIROMENT
Team leader (Current Employee), Lamont, CAMarch 29, 2015
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT IF YOU ENJOY WORKING WIT KIDS AND HAVE PATIENCE. MY COWORKERS ARE THE BEST GROUP IVE EVER WORKED WITH
importance and precision was the key to this job
youth staff (Former Employee), New Rochelle, NYMarch 29, 2015
Most of the time if we was on the camp grounds the children wasn't easy to lose , off camp grounds was the serious times.

made sure the children ate daily and wasn't in need of anything

like drinks or food.
A Wonderful Place
Kidstop Site Assistant / Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Vibes, Friendships, Liveliness
Cons: Pay is a bit shy from deserved
Great employees who genuinely care about the youth they work with on a day to day basis. Never a dull day when working with the young beautiful minds of today.
275 Members on a dailey basis
Asst. Program Director (Former Employee), Haverhill, MAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
Organize, plan sport 12 programs for ages 5-18 years old.
I learned how leadership skills when managing and training volunteers and new hires. Worked with encouraging and uplifting people. The hardest part of this job was learning to transform my way of communicating from a 5 year old, to a teenager, to a board member, to a parent, to my executive, to a sponsor etc. The most enjoyable part was working with the kids, it felt like I was a kid and never felt like I was actually working full time.
productive and fun eneveriment for kids to go to
Mentor (Former Employee), Miami, OKMarch 25, 2015
Pros: working with friends
Cons: short brakes
I loved working at the boys and girls club I was a program staff and mentor there I worked with kids everyday teaching them different things everyday from street smarts to healthy habits and also doing exercise by playing basketball or baseball or even football.
fun work place
Boys and Girls Club (Former Employee), Avondale, AZMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Lots of feild trips
Cons: short breaks
Very nice place to work if you enjoy working around children. They take the children on lots of trips that you are more then welcomed to join. The staff there are really friendly and you will have a good time.
Structured Chaos at its best, very productive and fun days
Lead Staff (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: relationships built with the community
Cons: hourly wage/hrs
I loved working here it was like home to me. Every time I punched in it was fun time. Whether I was in the gym with the kids or coaching a game, my days were fun packed.
Great Place To Send Kids
Temporary Team Leader (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch was provided
I would trust leaving my own kids here because each worker gets to personally know each child under their care as well as making sure to always instill life lessons when the opportunity presented itself.
It was a fun
Child Care (Former Employee), Lorain, OHMarch 19, 2015
The job was a nice and fun job experience. It was a joy working with children and being able to help them with the simplest things. There really wasn't anything that was difficult about the job.
Fun Job
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: fun, challenging, flexible schedule, rewarding
Cons: short breaks, low pay
Fun Job with exciting and new challenges everyday. It is a very humbling experience to play such a major role in guiding the children into a better future.
member of steering group for boys and girls club activation
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), rockland NYMarch 18, 2015
lead and discussed how to establish a boys and girls club of dockland county Ny. Managed a successful celebrity golf tournament in order to raise funds for our organization.
Good people and great atmosphere
Team Member (Former Employee), Quitman, GAMarch 17, 2015
The people here were so welcoming and all had great attitudes .As a team we all worked well together.My supervisor was really cool and hard working.

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Salaries

$7.90 per hour

Boys & Girls Club Photos

Connect with Love
fun
Wacky tacky day at work.